Do you ever think about earths future

Ancient**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Where do you think the human race is headed? Do you think we are headed for our inevitable doom? Will technology save us?

It's not looking good for us right now. The world is terribly overpopulated at over 7 billion people, most reports show that an ideal population for the human race would be more around the 1 B range. Statistics show that there is approx 930 million people suffer from malnourishment.

It has been estimated that 80% of the worlds population lives on less than 10$ a day, and 50% live on less than $2.50. 1.1B people do not have adequate access to water.

Poverty is one of the biggest issues and we do not seem to be coming up with any answers. Donating to charity helps but it is not a long term solution.
As long as the world operates in the manner that it does, people will always be poor, and people will always suffer.

Besides the obvious population and poverty problems we also have major climate and pollution problems. It is estimated that 30% of the worlds population has some sort of cancer, that's over 2 billion people. Experts are even suggest that number could rise to 50% by 2030. If that's not a terrifying thought I don't know what is.

We have polluted this planet to the point where it has become poisonous to live here. Nothing is safe anymore from the food we eat, the water we drink to the air we breathe.

Recent drought and increasing hazardous weather patterns have also contributed to world hunger and pollution. We only have to look as far back as 2011 to see the potential problems natural disasters can cause. The fukushima nuclear crisis is considered one of the worst nuclear disasters of all time ranking only behind Chernobyl.

Of course man made disasters such as the BP oil spill have also had a significant impact the enviroment. Some studies even claim the true amount of oil leaked was over 20x the public estimate.

There is a million different problems facing the world that I could talk about but it would literally take me all day to type it out. homelessness, chronic illnesses, addiction, mental illness, corruption, economic metldowns, nuclear war etc..

So where do you think the world is headed? From where I stand things do not look good. I feel like we've turned this beautiful planet in to a poisonous shit hole, and I don't see things getting better before they get worse.

Only sometimes all the time.

If you think too much about it, that shits cuts deep and will start to affect your current present life.

Moderation. Can't change the world overnight

We need to focus a lot of resources at pioneering space and colonizing other planets, before its too late. Also if one catastrophe happens to a planet we won't be entirely erased, if there aren't already other humans out there somewhere. But definitely need to find some other solar systems before our light bulb burns out, but who knows what we will be like in a million years. But this needs to happen in the next thousand years. And technology is rapidly advancing at an astounding rate so I can see it happening soon.

Overpopulation is bullshit. Our resources would be fine if we even attempted to be efficient with them. I have no idea what will happen, though I think about it. How far can we go? This universe won't last forever, so what else do we do? Punch a hole to the next universe? Create our own? I don't know. I'm looking forward to it though, assuming we get there.

The population will probably plateau eventually. I don't think we need to worry about that, we're nowhere near overpopulated yet.

And no, I'll die before it happens so I couldn't give less of a shit about what happens to the rest of the poor bastards born after me.

that's a grim (albeit realistic) perspective to have on the current state of our world, and I find myself thinking about this sometimes. In the end, we'll have to rely on our technology and our ingenuity to thrive in this world we will leave behind for future generations.

Who knows, years from now we'll be able to terraform mars back into the hospitable flourishing world it once was, and even seek out further exoplanets to colonize. earth doesnt HAVE to be the end!

Yes, I often wonder if Earth is putting enough money away each month for her retirement.

The population will probably plateau eventually. I don't think we need to worry about that, we're nowhere near overpopulated yet.

And no, I'll die before it happens so I couldn't give less of a shit about what happens to the rest of the poor bastards born after me.

I don't know, the singularity is coming. Living forever might be closer than you think.

I don't know, the singularity is coming. Living forever might be closer than you think.

If we can be in robots and shit then who gives a fuck about the Earth?

Win win either way.

I don't know man, whens the next apocalypse due?

Call me selfish, but I'm more concerned about here and now. I won't be around when everything goes to hell in a hand basket. I know I can't say that exclusively, but it's probably true.

If we can be in robots and shit then who gives a fuck about the Earth?

Win win either way.

Imagine a computer system that runs through the air, we're all connected in to it and we basically are one collective being, hurtling through space at the speed of light and learning at an equal rate. Could be dope.

earths doomed.....just a matter of when and how...

Imagine a computer system that runs through the air, we're all connected in to it and we basically are one collective being, hurtling through space at the speed of light and learning at an equal rate. Could be dope.

Fucking commie.

Hopefully we will be able to inhabit other planets in this lifetime. I want to procreate with a sexy alien.

If you think too much about it, that shits cuts deep and will start to affect your current present life.

Moderation. Can't change the world overnight

I once had to see therapy as a child because I freaked myself out to often thinking about the potential natural factors that will destroy earth

sun supernova etc. etc.

millions/billions of years in the future but still freaked me out big time.

Still have to avoid thinking too much on it

I think about my death on a daily basis. I also loath getting older and think about how much the fact that I wasted my youth sucks. I dwell on these things. It sucks inside my head.

Back