Do you ever think about earths future

Where do you think the human race is headed? Do you think we are headed for our inevitable doom? Will technology save us?

It's not looking good for us right now. The world is terribly overpopulated at over 7 billion people, most reports show that an ideal population for the human race would be more around the 1 B range. Statistics show that there is approx 930 million people suffer from malnourishment.

It has been estimated that 80% of the worlds population lives on less than 10$ a day, and 50% live on less than $2.50. 1.1B people do not have adequate access to water.

Poverty is one of the biggest issues and we do not seem to be coming up with any answers. Donating to charity helps but it is not a long term solution.
As long as the world operates in the manner that it does, people will always be poor, and people will always suffer.

What's your source on an ideal population being 1B?

Actually, the poverty rate is improving. Brazil and India are becoming economic powers, and even parts of African have improved. Unfortunately increased wealth, which bring things like cars and air conditioning, can cause increased pollution. xxxxxx

Besides the obvious population and poverty problems we also have major climate and pollution problems. It is estimated that 30% of the worlds population has some sort of cancer, that's over 2 billion people. Experts are even suggest that number could rise to 50% by 2030. If that's not a terrifying thought I don't know what is.

We have polluted this planet to the point where it has become poisonous to live here. Nothing is safe anymore from the food we eat, the water we drink to the air we breathe.

Recent drought and increasing hazardous weather patterns have also contributed to world hunger and pollution. We only have to look as far back as 2011 to see the potential problems natural disasters can cause. The fukushima nuclear crisis is considered one of the worst nuclear disasters of all time ranking only behind Chernobyl.

Of course man made disasters such as the BP oil spill have also had a significant impact the enviroment. Some studies even claim the true amount of oil leaked was over 20x the public estimate.

There is a million different problems facing the world that I could talk about but it would literally take me all day to type it out. homelessness, chronic illnesses, addiction, mental illness, corruption, economic metldowns, nuclear war etc..

So where do you think the world is headed? From where I stand things do not look good. I feel like we've turned this beautiful planet in to a poisonous shit hole, and I don't see things getting better before they get worse.

Actually the poverty rate is improving. Brazil and India are becoming economic powers, and even parts of Africa are improving. But increased wealth sometimes bring more pollution, with things like air conditioning and cars.

Some of the things listed in the OP contradict each other; arent things like cancer, famine, etc., natural checks on the overall population? I do believe, however, that overpopulation is at the root of pretty much all of our major problems(or arguably just human nature, if you want to go even further). Depletion of resources, climate change catalyzed by man, gross overconsumption, and the like will ultimately be our downfall unless, 1-technology moves fast enough, and 2-human beings become willing to put aside things like economic, political/ideological, and cultural differences and have everyone join the table to come up with real solutions before it is too late. Wouldnt bet the farm on that happening though...eehh, on second thought, I will.

the world will end soon, but not in the sense of no return, itll just get replaced

not the end of the world, but we await a world without end

The only thing I'm sure of is that the human race will never have a peaceful utopia wherever we go.

We're fucked alright.

Sherdog.net 2.0

That's why the search function is disabled, they're upgrading.

Sadly, we're going to be reading the thoughts of everyone in the heavies. That fiery cataclysm still sounding so terrible?

Eh, that shouldn't take long.

Some of the things listed in the OP contradict each other; arent things like cancer, famine, etc., natural checks on the overall population? I do believe, however, that overpopulation is at the root of pretty much all of our major problems(or arguably just human nature, if you want to go even further). Depletion of resources, climate change catalyzed by man, gross overconsumption, and the like will ultimately be our downfall unless, 1-technology moves fast enough, and 2-human beings become willing to put aside things like economic, political/ideological, and cultural differences and have everyone join the table to come up with real solutions before it is too late. Wouldnt bet the farm on that happening though...eehh, on second thought, I will.

Global politics has more to do with it than human nature. Human Nature does have a decent sized role though. But with certain division of wealth and resources we could feed, house, clothe, educate and take care of the current population and a bit more. And current developed countries actually show that this would slow world population growth and create a more sustainable world.

another factor is that we should either reloacte to make super cities or disperse to make more small towns.

Sometimes i think to myself what a wonderful world, and sometimes i think its a shithole. I Can't Decide.

Whole human history is just a one big tragedy, but it actually got a little better, at least for people living in devoloped countries.

But the tragedy will continue.

Statistics show that there is approx 930 million people suffer from malnourishment.

It has been estimated that 80% of the worlds population lives on less than 10$ a day, and 50% live on less than $2.50. 1.1B people do not have adequate access to water.

Poverty is one of the biggest issues and we do not seem to be coming up with any answers.

Actually, poverty is decreasing with places like China, India, Mexico and Brazil becoming richer. I read an article somewhere not too long ago that for the first time ever, most people fall in middle income

I think we should all burn. Then we can fistcuffs others while in purgatory. The winners and top notch gets the upper system known as heaven.. We can place angel feather bets. We can reward those that have deceived more than most by letting them swindle a knife...

Human life is perverted to the highest degree and there is no way back.

Our values, the way we treat each other, the way we treat other animals and the planet we live on, is so absurd and disgusting that I think it's best to erase it all.
Let's say I were god and I could decide how to proceed, whether to fix things or blow it all up, I'd blow it all up and call it a day.
Face it, that's what we deserve.

Overpopulation isn't bullshit. Go to google earth and zoom in on eastern China. Almost all of the land is being used. Rest of China is Mountains. Same with the US all of the land is either farms or cities.
I live in a rural area of the US. There is pleanty of agriculture and ranching going on, but the land is ultimately left alone. Japan has a population half the size of America, living on a country the size of California, all crammed in to the 20% of the land that is hospitable. And the only thing that's giving them problems when it comes to population is that they have to many old people and not enough workers to support them all. Once we put real priority on growing food in a way that every one can provide sustenance for themselves and there families in their own home, we'll be fine. Overpopulation is just something used to scare people. We underestimate this planet some times. Now if we continue to grow and pollute at an increasing rate, we have a real problem. We'll see.
the world will end soon, but not in the sense of no return, itll just get replaced

not the end of the world, but we await a world without end

Did you read that in a book or something? :wink:

Human life is perverted to the highest degree and there is no way back.

Our values, the way we treat each other, the way we treat other animals and the planet we live on, is so absurd and disgusting that I think it's best to erase it all.
Let's say I were god and I could decide how to proceed, whether to fix things or blow it all up, I'd blow it all up and call it a day.
Face it, that's what we deserve.

That actually already happened once. Just ask Noah about it.

*puts on flame suit*

I wish we could all live in Buddhist farming communities.

Yeah, that'd be swell.

I hope future Earthlings can colonize another hospitable planet, before the sun dies, or our galaxy collides w/ the Andromeda galaxy.

Yes.

But then I stop because its too damn depressing.

I hope future Earthlings can colonize another hospitable planet, before the sun dies, or our galaxy collides w/ the Andromeda galaxy.

planetoftheapesending.jpg

I ponder the near and distant future of the earth everyday, and over time, have come up with a few interesting theories.

Back