Do you ever think about earths future

the moon was formed by a asteroid collision with earth. it use to be apart of earth.

think of how durable the earth is. it will outlive the human race i think thats pretty much a guarantee.

Sounds like you've been smoking a little too much weed.

In a billion years the sun is going to expand, swallow Mercury and Venus and turn Earth into a blistering hellhole. This is fact. We have to colonize other planets before that time, the clock is ticking.

Do you ever think about earths future

Yes, but not the way you do. I worry more about people's freedoms and liberties. I think a truly free market unshackles the true wonder of human innovation and creativity that is needed to address and accommodate the growing pains you mentioned in the OP.

I also think we haven't had a free market in a couple hundred years because people who fret about controlling overpopulation, etc think that the magical federal government or the UN has the power/moral/ethical fiber to eliminate their problems. If you empower those entities to handle those problems and expect them to act accordingly, you lose all personal stake and responsibility in your own destiny. People learn and behave best when they are free and have the power over their own effects and interests.

You might say I worry about the earth's future freedom or lack thereof.

I think about what will happen after humans are an extinct species and what our successor will be.

In the future that's no so far away, I think about what extinct animals will be brought back due to cloning. Scientists already have the capability to bring back Neanderthals for example, but still haven't decided whether it would be right to bring them back or not.

Sounds like you've been smoking a little too much weed.

In a billion years the sun is going to expand, swallow Mercury and Venus and turn Earth into a blistering hellhole. This is fact. We have to colonize other planets before that time, the clock is ticking.

Humans can barely predict the weather, how do we know for a fact what will happen in a billion years?

Humans can barely predict the weather, how do we know for a fact what will happen in a billion years?

This isn't weather. Stars behave in predictable patterns. The sun is 4.5 billion years old. In about a billion years it will expand and get hotter. Eventually the planet will get hotter and hotter and the water will boil away and all life will cease to exist. It is what it is.

I once had to see therapy as a child because I freaked myself out to often thinking about the potential natural factors that will destroy earth

sun supernova etc. etc.

millions/billions of years in the future but still freaked me out big time.

Still have to avoid thinking too much on it
Ever heard of the Big Rip, or the Big Freeze? This plane of existence has an ending, doesn't mean you end though. Just this version. Don't worry. And besides, you weren't here for billions of years, and you'll probably be gone for trillions to come. This is just the weird part where you get to acknowledge you exist.

Weather is a much more complicated phenomena than star's life cycles. As far as predicting at least. There's a googleplex of variables to deal with. A better comparison would be like trying to predict the exact temperature of a specific place when the sun eventually does it's thing.

This isn't weather. Stars behave in predictable patterns. The sun is 4.5 billion years old. In about a billion years it will expand and get hotter. Eventually the planet will get hotter and hotter and the water will boil away and all life will cease to exist. It is what it is.

Weather is a much more complicated phenomena than star's life cycles. As far as predicting at least. There's a googleplex of variables to deal with. A better comparison would be like trying to predict the exact temperature of a specific place when the sun eventually does it's thing.

I see, but a billion years is a ridiculously long time, humans might be long extinct by then.

Yes, but not the way you do. I worry more about people's freedoms and liberties. I think a truly free market unshackles the true wonder of human innovation and creativity that is needed to address and accommodate the growing pains you mentioned in the OP.

I also think we haven't had a free market in a couple hundred years because people who fret about controlling overpopulation, etc think that the magical federal government or the UN has the power/moral/ethical fiber to eliminate their problems. If you empower those entities to handle those problems and expect them to act accordingly, you lose all personal stake and responsibility in your own destiny. People learn and behave best when they are free and have the power over their own effects and interests.

You might say I worry about the earth's future freedom or lack thereof.

Holy shit its like your in my head!

I see, but a billion years is a ridiculously long time, humans might be long extinct by then.

Well yeah, but we have history to go off of as well. Things that have happened for billions of years the same way, that we have down to a very precise science, will probably continue to be the same. It's like saying "Hey stick your hand in that fire, it might not burn you". You're right, but only in the most unlikely way and you still sound stupid.

I don't really care.

Only the 1% has the power and resources to change the world. I'm not part of the 1%, so I will keep on living and not giving a fuck whether or not the world explodes a million years from now.

Tbh if we haven't begun to colonize other planets by the time the Earth is ready to call it quits, we are the masters of our own demise imo.

If we were to colonize other worlds, I think we would end up in a similiar situation as we are currently facing. If there is one thing we have learned from history, is that we keep repeating it.

I don't know, the singularity is coming. Living forever might be closer than you think.

I am not sure where I heard it, but supposedly the first person that will live to 1000 is alive right now.

Whenever I think of humanities future I honestly only see positives.

Even if the death of the universe, the big rip, freeze or whatever the fuck it actually will be. It wouldn't surprise me if we'd have traveled to another universe and colonized it and survived through there.

The death of the universe is the only thing that can stop us imo, because in the next 200 years we'll be starting to colonize our solar system, then promptly our galaxy, once we colonize outside our galaxy we pretty much become resistant to any one huge catastrophe wiping us away as a species (death of one sun wiping us all away for example)

Sometimes I think about, I never obsess about it. No point.

Don't worry, once the earth is inkapable of supporting human life, the cockroaches will struggle on...

Imagine a computer system that runs through the air, we're all connected in to it and we basically are one collective being, hurtling through space at the speed of light and learning at an equal rate. Could be dope.

Sherdog.net 2.0

That's why the search function is disabled, they're upgrading.

Sadly, we're going to be reading the thoughts of everyone in the heavies. That fiery cataclysm still sounding so terrible?

I am not sure where I heard it, but supposedly the first person that will live to 1000 is alive right now.

You think we could maybe get to 200 before we set our sights so high?

Back