Do you ever think about earths future

Yes, but not the way you do. I worry more about people's freedoms and liberties. I think a truly free market unshackles the true wonder of human innovation and creativity that is needed to address and accommodate the growing pains you mentioned in the OP.

I also think we haven't had a free market in a couple hundred years because people who fret about controlling overpopulation, etc think that the magical federal government or the UN has the power/moral/ethical fiber to eliminate their problems. If you empower those entities to handle those problems and expect them to act accordingly, you lose all personal stake and responsibility in your own destiny. People learn and behave best when they are free and have the power over their own effects and interests.

You might say I worry about the earth's future freedom or lack thereof.

You wah? The choice isn't between government and the individual. It's between government and oligarchy. You're saying that it would be better if the most ruthless few ran the world?

Why is everyone so gloomy? Malthus would be proud.

People have been predicting the end of the world for a long time, yet we're still here. Short of some catastrophe we can't control (like an asteroid) or a freak accident (nuclear exchange), I don't think the human race is going to end by its own hand through a gradual depletion of resources or food. The sun provides more than enough energy to sustain all our energy requirements. If we could only harness that, we'd be a long way toward sustainability. Necessity is the mother of all invention and people have been developing new technologies to deal with environmental pressures for the whole of history. Why would that stop?

Whether the end of the world happens a billion years from now or tomorrow I'll be too busy being dead to think about it.

There's no end or destruction, only transformation.

The earth will be alright, maybe not how we know it but it will be.

Whether the end of the world happens a billion years from now or tomorrow I'll be too busy being dead to think about it.

Yep. One hundred percent this.

People worry so much about the future. Guess what? You'll be dead in the future.

When people ask me "what about your future children?" Doesn't matter. I'll be dead as fuck. Buried. In the fertilizer business.

Stop giving a fuck about a thousand years from now, and maybe you'll have a better time today.

we need to change the nature of the economy, in order to save the earth and the human race.

Where do you think the human race is headed? Do you think we are headed for our inevitable doom? Will technology save us?

It's not looking good for us right now. The world is terribly overpopulated at over 7 billion people, most reports show that an ideal population for the human race would be more around the 1 B range. Statistics show that there is approx 930 million people suffer from malnourishment.

It has been estimated that 80% of the worlds population lives on less than 10$ a day, and 50% live on less than $2.50. 1.1B people do not have adequate access to water.

Poverty is one of the biggest issues and we do not seem to be coming up with any answers. Donating to charity helps but it is not a long term solution.
As long as the world operates in the manner that it does, people will always be poor, and people will always suffer.

Besides the obvious population and poverty problems we also have major climate and pollution problems. It is estimated that 30% of the worlds population has some sort of cancer, that's over 2 billion people. Experts are even suggest that number could rise to 50% by 2030. If that's not a terrifying thought I don't know what is.

We have polluted this planet to the point where it has become poisonous to live here. Nothing is safe anymore from the food we eat, the water we drink to the air we breathe.

Recent drought and increasing hazardous weather patterns have also contributed to world hunger and pollution. We only have to look as far back as 2011 to see the potential problems natural disasters can cause. The fukushima nuclear crisis is considered one of the worst nuclear disasters of all time ranking only behind Chernobyl.

Of course man made disasters such as the BP oil spill have also had a significant impact the enviroment. Some studies even claim the true amount of oil leaked was over 20x the public estimate.

There is a million different problems facing the world that I could talk about but it would literally take me all day to type it out. homelessness, chronic illnesses, addiction, mental illness, corruption, economic metldowns, nuclear war etc..

So where do you think the world is headed? From where I stand things do not look good. I feel like we've turned this beautiful planet in to a poisonous shit hole, and I don't see things getting better before they get worse.

Hmm, I think I want to eat a bullet

Poor people should stop having babies............poor aids infected people in Africa especially should stop having babies but they wont because they are stupid.

What will happen is there will come an eventual choice to be made wherein civilized people will build a ship and leave Earth while the idiots stay behind and destroy each other.

Sadly, the poor and third world countries will be among those left behind, or else it they will take the rest of us down with them.
Crabs in a bucket, man.

Poor people should stop having babies............poor aids infected people in Africa especially should stop having babies but they wont because they are stupid.

A lot of them don't have access to protection.

The real idiots are the poor folk here in the US that continue to fuck and pump out babies at an alarming rate.

I'll be dead before we
A) destroy ourselves
b) start living in space

I mean, I think about it but I don't worry.

*I actually get a little jealous knowing that I will not know.

Essentials for human progression/development:

1) Electromagnetic Propulsion Systems

2) Population Control

3) Taxing All Religions

The shit that I think about will blow your mind, TS.

I don't need to, there are a plethora of mid-tier Hollywood films that have exhausted all the possibilities for me.

We're due for a big plague epidemic. That will wipe out a lot of poor people. Not to sound mean or hate on poor people, but they will be the least able to cope with a plague. If the USA, EU, Aus, and BRICS countries move toward technocracy, that is the only way I see an efficient use of resources happening. That, or our future computer-machine overlords will manage us.

If we can be in robots and shit then who gives a fuck about the Earth?

Win win either way.

problem is forever is a long time and even then their is an end - big crunch or heat death.

Tech may be advancing rapidly but look at the shit were making of the world-add the fact, for the most part, we cannot even get along with on another. Yet we're supposed to heal the planet or colonize other planets or solar systems.

Title of the thread sounds like something I heard in Final Fantasy or something

Imagine a computer system that runs through the air, we're all connected in to it and we basically are one collective being, hurtling through space at the speed of light and learning at an equal rate. Could be dope.

fuck that being individual is my essence of life, I'd rather be a lonely idiot than a soul less all knowing being.

Call me old fashioned, but keep the ghost in the shell shit away from me.

Back