Opinion Musk's Twitter Sucks, But How Are You Finding Facebook?

The trend towards a complete lack of privacy in a digital panopticon isn't likely to change when no-one even cares. Except for Zuckerberg of course, he's mad keen on the idea.
We saw the debanking of prominent famous people recently. We will see long term.

We saw the debanking of prominent famous people recently. We will see long term.
Don't know which celebrities you're talking about, but over here it's mostly been cryptocurrency exchanges getting debanked.
Which seems like an obvious move to hamper potential competition or market disruption until they get on top of the action.
The banks aren't exactly quick to adopt change, most of their systems are still COBOL.

I'm not sure what the point of Twitter is anymore, it's just a cesspit of political angst and e-thots, it's also far worse with spam, fake accounts and trolls under Elon. Facebook sucks too but the marketplace is good and it's good to keep up with local events that are happening.

My friends page got deleted after another person made a fake account impersonating him then claimed he was the real one. Amazing stuff.

facebook groups are actually pretty useful. the rest of it is terrible , but compared to other social media it's average i guess. they all suck these days.

I am unaware of anything it happenning in the west in the last 50 years. it breaks precedent.
Nah, I don't think it's new. Locally, even before crypto, it made the news when publicly owned banks debanked people for cancelling their wives credit cards maliciously.
Historically, private banks have been much more picky reputationally.
In terms of financial privacy, aside from taxation of course, here in Australia it was mostly the hyperlegislation in the wake of 911 that lead to there essentially being none.

Nah, I don't think it's new. Locally, even before crypto, it made the news when publicly owned banks debanked people for cancelling their wives credit cards maliciously.
Historically, private banks have been much more picky reputationally.
In terms of financial privacy, aside from taxation of course, here in Australia it was mostly the hyperlegislation in the wake of 911 that lead to there essentially being none.
Any example of top 20 famous politicians within a country getting debanked while not investigated by the police?

Any example of top 20 famous politicians within a country getting debanked while not investigated by the police?
You think celebrities and politicians should get more consideration than regular citizens?
Wasn't it a private bank, and he was offered a regular account but didn't want the same accounts offered to the hoi polloi?
Not sure how politicians being refused special treatment by private banks relates to social media and the surveillance state.

Back