Do street thugs have better striking?...

There's plenty of people that fight in the streets that would make amazing pro fighters but can't afford $190 a month to train MMA.
That’s factual. There are some amazing athletes/brilliant minds that don’t have the resources to optimize their potential in low income environments.

Kimbo was actually a good demonstration of how a legendary street fighter does in high level MMA. The answer was ok, but not great or even particularly well.

In a straight up striking contest I’m sure some would be more than capable of dealing with Askren, but it’s not his thing.

Kimbo had a thirst to learn and evolve. It showed in his TUF season. I wonder how far he would have made it if he started training and broke on the scene at a young age.

Gotta imagine by the time he was on TUF, the CTE from all the backyard fights (bare knuckles, pavement, empty 40 bottles of OE), he was already burnt out. And still did fairly well, all things considered.

Kimbo was actually a good demonstration of how a legendary street fighter does in high level MMA. The answer was ok, but not great or even particularly well.

In a straight up striking contest I’m sure some would be more than capable of dealing with Askren, but it’s not his thing.

Kimbo, apart from his street fighting experience, had obvious boxing training

Better hands don't mean stronger hands that's what Masvidal has on Nate he hits harder and everybody knows can eat punches, we good now..?
Masvidal is faster, has better technique and doesn't get hit as much, how does Nate have better hands?

Like the street fighter that got hospitalized for trying to mug an MMA fighter.

No street thug can handle this!
YyslyNA.gif

It always cranks me up to watch this guy Askren. The hype behind this dude was huge... only to come to the big league to show up these brilliant moves. lol.

Last edited:
Masvidal is faster, has better technique and doesn't get hit as much, how does Nate have better hands?

That's opinion ↑↑↑ not fact man, and my opinion is Nate has better handz and Masvidal hits harder.

That's opinion ↑↑↑ not fact man, and my opinion is Nate has better handz and Masvidal hits harder.

did you not watch their fight? masvidal is the better striker. this is a proven fact based on their fight

Fighting is more than just striking.

Ben Askren is a bad striker, but he is a good fighter.

Ben is so very good....................... looooooooooool

HASN'T BEN SHOULD FUCKING...R.E.T.I.R.E.

askren would knock them out standing..

Still laughing at the Askren fans. They were such insufferable blow-hards while muffin top was dominating cans, then when the balloon popped, they slinked away like vermin. What happened bois?

Still laughing at the Askren fans. They were such insufferable blow-hards while muffin top was dominating cans, then when the balloon popped, they slinked away like vermin. What happened bois?

I think you meant to say slunk. Not sure, though. Regardless, Askren was a good fighter that got thrown in the deep end in the UFC and drowned.

They obviously trained.

My opinion is based off facts. Masvidal clearly has faster hands, he's style is more technical, and he gets doesn't get hit nearly as much as Nate.

You really haven't explained how Nate has better hands, other than saying it's your opinion.

Back