Do street thugs have better striking?...

There's plenty of people that fight in the streets that would make amazing pro fighters but can't afford $190 a month to train MMA.

Here's a thought: they can record themselves knocking aging legends out and then put videos of it on the internet. Someone's bound to notice them after that.

Kimbo was actually a good demonstration of how a legendary street fighter does in high level MMA. The answer was ok, but not great or even particularly well.

In a straight up striking contest I’m sure some would be more than capable of dealing with Askren, but it’s not his thing.
What about Masvidal?

source.gif

The closest ones we have to street thug striking in the UFC is Jorge Masvidal & Nate Diaz and both ain't all that although I do think Nate has better hands... I like street thuggery intensity combined with precision trained boxing

Both guys are outliers, askren has really bad striking and doesn't even like to train it, the random guy in the street fight is probably a better boxer than the average untrained person. He probably has been in a lot of fights growing up and maybe watches a bit of boxing. I would say hes more comfortable throwing hands than askren but askren being the trained fighter would have better conditioning and react better to being punched so would still win if they got into a scrap

Sherdoggers would put Ruan Potts and Juan Adams and Anthony Hamilton and the other absoutley horrific UFC HW's in a coma.

Kimbo was actually a good demonstration of how a legendary street fighter does in high level MMA. The answer was ok, but not great or even particularly well.

In a straight up striking contest I’m sure some would be more than capable of dealing with Askren, but it’s not his thing.

Kimbo was past his physical prime when he started MMA and was fighting with a bunch of serious ailments that eventually led to his death at an early age.

Masvidal came up with Kimbo's crew when he was a teenager, and he's one of the most skilled fighters in the sport.

Masvidal, Gustafson, Derick Lewis were street thugs. Conor is currently a street thug.

No street thug can handle this!
YyslyNA.gif

Wacky+waving+inflatable+arm+wacky+waving+inflatable+arm+flailing+tube_24d992_3072377.gif

The closest ones we have to street thug striking in the UFC is Jorge Masvidal & Nate Diaz and both ain't all that although I do think Nate has better hands...

Nate has better hands? Explain why Nate ate Masvidal's fists all night long and only won two or three exchanges?

Than alot of ufc fighters? Certified goons off the street like this one
rmSY_1.gif

Compare to say like askren
BitterMeekIvorybackedwoodswallow-max-1mb.gif

It makes me think of how many better fighters there is and people that say ufc has best fighters.

Come on dude, that's not fair. Askren has terrible stand up compared to guys with terrible stand up. he made damian Miai look like Anderson fckin silva in their last fight. he must have the worst stand up in the whole of MMA, but that's not his game. in fact he doesn't even use it to set shit up. Any tough guy calling out askren will be in their back within 2 seconds

in reality striking across the whole of MMA is limited, especially boxing. Some guys have decent kickboxing/boxing, some don't. And if any of the better strikers actually fought a top boxer, queesnbury rules, you would see the vast differences in skill

Kimbo was past his physical prime when he started MMA and was fighting with a bunch of serious ailments that eventually led to his death at an early age.

Masvidal came up with Kimbo's crew when he was a teenager, and he's one of the most skilled fighters in the sport.

Which shouldn’t really be surprising. If you’re a talented street fighter in your teens then you can pick up the skills to become successful in MMA. If you’re in your 30’s, you’re probably too late.

What about Masvidal?

See my post above.

it’s not surprising that someone in their teens with a talent for street fighting can find success in MMA with the right training.

That’s a long way off just plucking a guy of the streets and expecting him to be successful simply using those street fighting skills.

Ask yourself this - would Masvidal now not fuck up Masvidal the street fighter?

There's plenty of people that fight in the streets that would make amazing pro fighters but can't afford $190 a month to train MMA.

190 $ a month?! Wtf?! Are we talking a reasonable gym with decent high level coaches or like the top of the top? Sounds insanely expensive.

or maybe opponents on the street just leave themself horribly open to being KOd, making the other guy look like a killer
Those street fighters would KO Conor stiff in the streets.

See my post above.

it’s not surprising that someone in their teens with a talent for street fighting can find success in MMA with the right training.

That’s a long way off just plucking a guy of the streets and expecting him to be successful simply using those street fighting skills.

Ask yourself this - would Masvidal now not fuck up Masvidal the street fighter?
For sure he would, I just liked him better as an example than Kimbo.

@pick999 you are a silver belt, you gotta be kidding me, man. there is no way a person who posted over 10k messages and is here since 2013 to be that naive and silly.
<LikeReally5>
This.
Please ts, wtf.

If they know how to throw a punch- yeah, possibly [ against a non striker UFC] . Anyone can also get lucky with a wreckless bomb thrown but meet its mark ( especially anybody who has some power behind them).An actual trained UFC stand up / striker ? I'm not accusing t.s of trolling but its borderline [ I mean- if this " street thug " knows how to handle himself because of " some sort of combat background " then anything possible].

*Theres a reason why Kimbo was in Tuf house

If Askren lands a spinning backfist on the streets it's game over.

Nate has better hands? Explain why Nate ate Masvidal's fists all night long and only won two or three exchanges?

Better hands don't mean stronger hands that's what Masvidal has on Nate he hits harder and everybody knows can eat punches, we good now..?

Back