Do Republicans hate the constitution?

Lol at the Dem shills acting like the reverse wasn't true, fucking Jack.

They both block the other's nominees, people all shocked at opposing viewpoints.

Another lol at the kid that just learned about the electoral college and who thinks he lives in a direct democracy.

Well the electoral college allows for the candidate with less popular votes to win, which is contrary to democracy. The Senate is the place where the status of the states is protected.

The Senate used to be that. Once the 16th or 17th Amendment (can't remember offhand) gave the vote of senators to the people, the state's lost a lot of power"

It's there because the U.S. is made up of 50 states, it is not one large state.

It's to prevent domination by population, a republic.

http://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/defense-electoral-college

Right. There were several things the founding fathers set up to prevent mob rule.

I think that even if Pres Obama nominated Condeleeza Rice, she'd still get blocked by the GOP. Haven't we all realized their gameplan yet?

Do NOT, under ANY circumstances give President Obama anything that could be considered or conceived of as a "Win".

Somebody already hinted the race card for you, why don't you go ahead and play your favorite hand.

I honestly don't think that most Republican voters are that extreme either. The problem is that the crazies are more politically active and they do have a majority of primary voters (and Republican politicians who don't at least pretend to be fanatics get primaried a lot).

Or the Dems can only roll out the mass idiot vote for Presidential Elections. But sure, Jack. What you and kpt018 said....

It's hilarious to see the right consoling their much deeper hypocrisy by pointing to a relatively minor, but wrong and hypocritical, stance of Schumer. Babies, just utter goddamn babies.

I hate the fact that judges are picked based on their political alignment rather than how well they will do their job.

You know sure as shit if the tables were reversed, the DNC would do the same fucking thing the GOP is doing right now.

Not really, but let's say that's right. Would they be right to do it? It seems odd to defend clearly wrong behavior on the grounds that someone else would hypothetically do the same thing.

It doesn't, but the notion that they will simply refuse to appoint anyone is clearly a problem if you believe in the checks and balances as laid out in the Constitution. As I pointed out to you earlier, there's a difference between saying that a particular candidate is not a good one and saying that you simply don't accept the president's right to fulfill his Constitutional obligations.

Not really. One Democrat said that he felt fooled by Bush's nominations and that they should be especially careful going forward. The party as a whole didn't outright say that they wouldn't even give a hearing to anyone nominated by the president because there was some arbitrary amount of time left in his term.

And anyway, you're not arguing against the idea that that this is improper; you're just inaccurately asserting that others have done the same thing. That's only a legitimate argument if you support what you falsely think that Democrats did.

Of course it should depend on who he nominates. No one is saying that any choice should automatically be accepted. People just believe that the process should be carried out as the Constitution calls for.

At the beginning of the 110th Congress in January 2007, President Bush did not renominate Boyle, Myers, Haynes and Wallace in an attempt at reconciliation with the Democrats

A total of eleven appellate seats with Bush nominees were left open at the end of the 110th Congress. Of those seats, two (i.e. the North Carolina and Maryland seats of the Fourth Circuit) had originally become available to fill during the administration of President Bill Clinton.

A total of eleven appellate seats with Bush nominees were left open at the end of the 110th Congress. Of those seats, two (i.e. the North Carolina and Maryland seats of the Fourth Circuit) had originally become available to fill during the administration of President Bill Clinton.

So? How many seats are currently open? 80-plus, right? What's normal?

It's hilarious to see the right consoling their much deeper hypocrisy by pointing to a relatively minor, but wrong and hypocritical, stance of Schumer. Babies, just utter goddamn babies.

Hilarious to see leftist pretend that the levels of hypocrisy are different

It is in fact relevant that the Senate Majority Leader is the one making the threat this time. It's imminently relevant. You are either trolling or incredibly dim.

Sounds like the senate majority leader has some balls; more than Obama and Schumer.

"I am so narrow minded I cannot accept opposing views"

Schumer should be happy that his idea is being utilized by someone who actually matters.

Hilarious to see leftist pretend that the levels of hypocrisy are different
The consequences are obviously different. It turns out that when you make a threat, your efficacy determines how serious the threat really is. But you're a grown up and you already know that.

Somebody already hinted the race card for you, why don't you go ahead and play your favorite hand.

So the meeting that was held on President Obama's 2nd inauguration night with top-level GOP members (and donators) was a figment of everyone's imagination? Race card? I'm not the one that played it, the GOP did and they got caught red-handed.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/04/27/t...-obamas-inauguration-night-actually-old-news/

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/...Plot-to-Sabotage-US-Economy-in-Secret-Meeting

You can take YOUR race-baiting elsewhere, I'm just posting the truth.

So? How many seats are currently open? 80-plus, right? What's normal?

Just wondering if it was "clearly problem if you believe in the checks and balances as laid out in the Constitution" when it was the dems?

So the meeting that was held on President Obama's 2nd inauguration night with top-level GOP members (and donators) was a figment of everyone's imagination? Race card? I'm not the one that played it, the GOP did and they got caught red-handed.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/04/27/t...-obamas-inauguration-night-actually-old-news/

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/...Plot-to-Sabotage-US-Economy-in-Secret-Meeting

You can take YOUR race-baiting elsewhere, I'm just posting the truth.

LOL, Al f**king Sharpton? Maybe if Al cared so much about the struggling economy, why doesn't he pay some taxes? Was this supposed to be some sort of gotcha video? These guys are talking about politics, and he's right, do you think the Democrats don't do this kind of stuff? If you do you're naïve. And seriously, what the f**k did this video have to do with race? Be sure to look in your closet and under your bed for some racism before you go to bed tonight, if you found some racism in this video.

Back