Do firearms make people dumber?

Guns don't retard people, people retard guns. Or something like that.

I lost an IQ point trying to read the OP

Not all gun lovers are dumb. That said, the neocon, paranoid, gun worshiping loud mouths have been on an absolute tear the last few days because they feel theyre under attack simply because momentum is on the side of the left to ban automatic assault rifles. That's all. Not all guns, just the really big ones that are made to kill in bulk, with a quickness. These people are idiots. Just listen to their logic: "Well take guns and they'll use BOMBZ AND POIZON!1!1!!" Check it out. A gun you can pick up, load, and shoot. So easy a 5 year old can do it... Do I even have to finish my point here? I can shoot one of my three guns right now. Dont know how or if i could pull off building a bomb. When the arguement becomes that fucking stupid you just know the left will get their law passed. Good job conservative america, you cant get an adult to the debate table when your country needs a true conservative perspective. Instead you send in the clowns.

Not all gun lovers are dumb. That said, the neocon, paranoid, gun worshiping loud mouths have been on an absolute tear the last few days because they feel theyre under attack simply because momentum is on the side of the left to ban automatic assault rifles. That's all. Not all guns, just the really big ones that are made to kill in bulk, with a quickness. These people are idiots. Just listen to their logic: "Well take guns and they'll use BOMBZ AND POIZON!1!1!!" Check it out. A gun you can pick up, load, and shoot. So easy a 5 year old can do it... Do I even have to finish my point here? I can shoot one of my three guns right now. Dont know how or if i could pull off building a bomb. When the arguement becomes that fucking stupid you just know the left will get their law passed. Good job conservative america, you cant get an adult to the debate table when your country needs a true conservative perspective. Instead you send in the clowns.

Oh they are just going to ban the big automatic assault rifles?

Yes I'm sure every psycho out there can get their hands on 5000lbs of explosive material readily and prep it to blow as easily as they can pick up a gun and walk into a store and waste 10 people in seconds.

Of course anything is possible with planning and time but most of these massacre psychos do it with guns.

What's with that gtfo garbage.

Mass murders in one go wouldn't be possible if guns weren't so readily available, at least in advanced western society.

This is the where the GTFO comes from...the kind of unstable people that wants to harm others like that will use what's available.

Timothy McVeigh killed almost 200 people and injured over 800.

To pretend like banning guns would strip any massively damaging options away from these lunatics is ridiculous.

It's the people that are the problem and how we handle them. Not guns.

This exactly. Get rid of guns designed for military combat for sure.

I'm not going to say there aren't people that want to ban guns period, because there most definitely are. Some people don't even want people have guns for hunting. That's fucking ridiculous.

Allow guns to remain, but make the process of buying them more difficult to ensure they aren't getting into the wrong hands.

The argument about building bombs being just as easy as purchasing one is ridiculous. I have no clue how to build a bomb, but I can go to DICK'S and buy a gun in the morning. Very easy. In my state, I can even avoid the background check and buy from a private owner. I don't have a criminal record, so no harm in my case. That doesn't mean a gun won't be sold to someone that has one as well.

This is the where the GTFO comes from...the kind of unstable people that wants to harm others like that will use what's available.

Timothy McVeigh killed almost 200 people and injured over 800.

To pretend like banning guns would strip any massively damaging options away from these lunatics is ridiculous.

It's the people that are the problem and how we handle them. Not guns.

1. Guns are massively damaging. How could you even dispute this?

2. Did you even read anything I wrote? I didn't suggest any such thing.

1. Guns are massively damaging. How could you even dispute this?

2. Did you even read anything I wrote? I didn't suggest any such thing.

I meant to say all massively damaging options. That was my bad. Mistype.

And yes. You did. I quoted it. Twice.

Why do people keep saying that the American government allows civilians easy legal access to military grade firearms? Law abiding citizens are largely confined to semi-automatic handguns and rifles.
If you want something that's fully automatic and would actually be functional in a battleground, you have to get it through the black market or have a FFL+a motherfucking metric shit ton of paperwork done+pay more than $10,000.

Why do people keep saying that the American government allows civilians easy legal access to military grade firearms?

They don't understand that for "assault rifles" looks do not equal function.

They also don't understand that military grade for pistols in the US means they won a contract bid, nothing more.

... Or they feel perfectly safe with their glock and feel that people who think they need a semi automatic to protect themselves was probably raised a pussified coward or a paranoid neo con. People talk like theres was some relentless determination that led to Sandy Brook. Nope. The assault rifle was in the house and by the sound of it was not locked up. Just trying to have reason, and noone with reason has said banning these particular guns will stop all of these murders. Im for the ban anyway. You figure it out.

They don't understand that for "assault rifles" looks do not equal function.

They also don't understand that military grade for pistols in the US means they won a contract bid, nothing more.

It seems to me that the only people who go on about banning guns outright in this country have zero knowledge about: firearms, the process involved in legally owning one, what guns we can and can not have, and how low the violent misuse of firearms is amongst those who legally purchase/ccw.

I also love that ever since several states introduced 10 round magazine caps, anything over that is "HIGH CAPACITY AND MEANT FOR MASS MURDER". Since when did 10 become the magic number that determined whether you were a healthy member of society or a lunatic?

... Or they feel perfectly safe with their glock and feel that people who think they need a semi automatic to protect themselves was probably raised a pussified coward or a paranoid neo con. People talk like theres was some relentless determination that led to Sandy Brook. Nope. The assault rifle was in the house and by the sound of it was not locked up. Just trying to have reason, and noone with reason has said banning these particular guns will stop all of these murders. Im for the ban anyway. You figure it out.

Glocks are semi-automatic. Except for the 18, which is not available for civilian purchase.

There is so much herping and derping on this thread.

"Well, if a guy wanted to kill people and he couldn't get a gun, he'd just make some chemical weapons or a WMD"

derp derp derp

Does anyone really think a handgun is that good of self defense? Especially when you take the laws on self defense into account. They are fucked even if you defend yourself unarmed, yet if you shoot someone.

There is so much herping and derping on this thread.

"Well, if a guy wanted to kill people and he couldn't get a gun, he'd just make some chemical weapons or a WMD"

derp derp derp

I think what people are pointing out is that mass murder is possible without firearms. You can make a bomb with instructions from the internet for example. That's not even relevant here though.

You can also, if you can't take your mom's guns, purchase a gun illegally. It's not as if you ban guns they would disappear from society.

Does anyone really think a handgun is that good of self defense? Especially when you take the laws on self defense into account. They are fucked even if you defend yourself unarmed, yet if you shoot someone.

I am not sure what the laws regarding self-defense are where you live but if the attacker is anything but unarmed, you can legally use your gun in defense where I am.

Back