Diego Lopes or Khamzat Chimaev: Who do you think is gonna be champ first?

I cant see lopes becoming champ, the UFC could give him cherry picked fights to help to try and make this happen. otherwise the chances are basically 0 imo.

Neither. Khamzat hardly ever fights, is always getting sick, has travel issues, ect.

Lopes already lost to Evloev, and would get his chin dusted by the current champ, get schooled by Max or Volkanovski. He shouldn't be ranked 3 just by beating an overranked guy who fights on average once every 12-18 months. Ortega and Yair shouldn't have been in the top 5 anymore.

Khamzat I think, but that’s assuming he actually pulls up to fight. I favor Rob to tko him in the later rounds, and I want Rob to win bc I just fw him heavy, but I fully expect Borz to do what he does in the first round, and subbing or finishing Rob by gnp I don’t think is out of the realm of possibility. As for DDP vs Khamzat same shit. Khamzat has a very real chance first and possibly second round. Anything past that I think DDP sparks him.

I think Lopes could beat current Volk but I’m not crazy confident abt that. Hot take but I think Ilia vs Lopes could be competitive, but Ilia’s boxing might be a bit too clean for Diego, unless Lopes really does have a conditioning issue. And I think Max is a stylistically a bad matchup for Lopes. Lopes ain’t taking him down, I doubt he drops Max and I think Max beats him in most striking exchanges, technical or in a firefight.

Topuria and Holloway are both generational talents and happen to occupy the same time. I think Lopes might be too though.

Khamzat because defeating Whittaker in a 3 round fight with home advantage is easier than beating Volkanovski in a 5 round fight without home advantage. And Topuria has been more dominant than DDP.
will be 5 rounds in fact

Lopes aint beating Topuria and Khamzat hasnt shown the emotional control to handle the pressure of a championship fight. So maybe neither

Both has practically the same age and are pretty close to a title shot. Who has the toughest road?

Comparing the weighclasses level:

Holloway> Whittaker
Topuria > Dricus
Volkanovski > Strickland
Sterling < Adesanya
Evloev < Borralho

Diego fights much more frequently and it's can be decisive

I think Diego Lopes is like Conor McGregor ... a short-winded front-runner, who fades in the end.

Dan Ige came off the couch, weathered an early storm, and was about to finish a fully-conditioned Lopes in 3.

Had that been a 5-rounder, a conditioned Ige would have finished Lopes, IMO.

That said, Lopes is definitely fast, powerful, and exciting ... but he lacks stamina ... so he may become a "flash" Champion ... but I don't think he has what it takes to become a lasting Champion.

Time will tell ...

Both has practically the same age and are pretty close to a title shot. Who has the toughest road?

Comparing the weighclasses level:
W
Holloway> Whittaker
Topuria > Dricus
Volkanovski > Strickland
Sterling < Adesanya
Evloev < Borralho

Diego fights much more frequently and it's can be decisive
Neither one
Khamzat is way low on my list
He’s weak psychologically

Back