DHK : "The chances of me getting a title shot is high once I KO Hector Lombard."

Dong is so well spoken.

While I love his passion in the last part of that interview, I really hope he doesn't abandon his ability to grapplefuck most people. If he has the chance to beat Lombard via a boring grapplefuck, I'm all for it. That'd be much better than him getting brutally KO'd in an exciting fight.
I'd like to see him combine the two e.g. grapplefuck Lombard for one round and then knock him out after a slobberknocker in the second round.

I like both fighters i hope who ever wins gets the title shot.

I'd like to see him combine the two e.g. grapplefuck Lombard for one round and then knock him out after a slobberknocker in the second round.

That would definitely be ideal.

Lombard strikes me as someone who has an iron chin. Don't think there's much of a chance of the Dong getting the KO.

Use+vats+in+a+close+quarters+battle+with+a+combat+_f2806c8945ecf2952b06d3862d60b4b0.jpg

If Dong comes out swinging, he's gonna end up in a coma.

It would be a hell of a fight though.

I love the Dong and I believe in him. If he becomes the first Korean UFC champion I will explode with joy (Bendo doesn't count).

I like both fighters i hope who ever wins gets the title shot.

I hope so to, but i think the UFC will probably give Brown the Ellenberger/Lawler winner, and have him as the next title contender after Rory/Woodley next month. Hendricks wants to fight in October. Rory/Woodley winner will probably get Hendricks. Brown just fought, so he will probably fight Lawler/Ellenberger winner in 4 months in a title eliminator.

Lombard gasses after 1 round. There is a good chance he actually will Dong Bomb him.

"Gassed Lombard" managed to win rounds 2 and 3 against Shields. It's not like Lombard just disappears after the first round.

The changes of me winning are significantly higher if I decided to grapple, but the fans don't like that.

Although I do think the new DHK is more entertaining, it's a bit sad that he have to think in this way.

"The changes of me winning are significantly higher if I decided to grapple, but the fans don't like that." Dong should ignore the fans and just fight to win. Its a damn shame that fans don't appreciate grappling.

Dang, Dong seems serious about taking on an exciting fighting style, even if it lessens his chance of victory. It's worked out for him as late but logic says that it won't against Lombard.

"The changes of me winning are significantly higher if I decided to grapple, but the fans don't like that." Dong should ignore the fans and just fight to win. Its a damn shame that fans don't appreciate grappling.

I know. I hope Dong grapples Lombard as much as possible.
I don't want to see Dong laid out on the floor.
I want to see Dong laying on top of Lombard's rock hard body all slick like

Hector sure as shit isn't getting KO'd

huge step up for the dong, if he wins impressively then i wouldnt be surprised if he gets a TS

the chances of him getting the ko is like saying Jake Shields KOed Lombard

I really hope he doesn't turn into Gonzaga. That would really fucking suck, he better not trade with Hector for too long or it's lights out.

Back