DHK : "The chances of me getting a title shot is high once I KO Hector Lombard."

Hufusopem

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
resize_140513_kimsin.jpg

----

WELTERWEIGHT TITLE SHOT SCENARIO

I feel if Rory Macdonald wins, but again has another disappointing and boring fight he won't get the title shot, obviously in this scenario Woodley has lost so he's already further away from the shot. If Lawler beats Ellenberger he already had a title shot a fight ago so I doubt the UFC will give him such a quick title shot again. Not to mention the UFC prefers new challenges to the title. The chances of me getting a title shot is high once I KO Hector Lombard in this scenario.

ON BROWN VS SILVA

I felt if my luck was good I could get a title shot after one more win, but after the conclusion of Brown vs Silva the scenario has changed. There is now one more potential contender for the belt. Even without Brown there is so many potential title challengers. Now I have to rewrite the scenario. Now I am not thinking about the title shot, but my opponent in front of me. If you look too far into the future, you can't concentrate on the fight in front of you.

ON HECTOR LOMBARD

Hector is ranked 6th, but skilwise everyone including the fans and the fighters know he is at least Top 5. He has shown the type of explosiveness that confirms his championship caliber. That's also very important in getting a title shot.

If I get this fight with Hector Lombard, I would be very content with it. Either he feels my fist or I feel his. But I am willing to be even more of a risk taker in this important bout. I will keep going forward until I collapse. The changes of me winning are significantly higher if I decided to grapple, but the fans don't like that.

LAST STAGE OF HIS CAREER

I've already had plenty of experiences winning. I don't know how much longer I will be doing this, but I plan to show why I wanted to be a fighter in the first place. I am going to only have the craziest fights because I fight for the fans now. Even if this mindset causes me to be on my back on the ground , I want the last image of me as a fighter to be someone who always came forward. This is how I will celebrate the last part of my career.

REFERENCE- http://www.mfight.co.kr/news/view.p...e=1&scode=&number=28429&keyfield=&key=&page=2

Last edited:
LETS GO Mr. KIM DONG HYUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wrestle fuck to gas Hector then KO his ass!

I like the Dong is getting kind of cocky. I hope he doesn't blow his load early and go flaccid during the fight with Lombard. Could get messy.

I like the Dong is getting kind of cocky. I hope he doesn't blow his load early and go flaccid during the fight with Lombard. Could get messy.

Yeah, hopefully he doesn't go down like how Condit did him :(

id dhk knocks out lombard, he deserves the next title shot

i love the dong but for the LOVE OF SHIT DONT MAKE THAT FUCKING FIGHT, it's definitely a winnable fight for dong, it's just surviving the first round i'd be worried about.

I hope Dong wins but i think he will wake up staring at the lights

The changes of me winning are significantly higher if I decided to grapple, but the fans don't like that.

seems like K1 Dong is here to stay!!

i love the dong but for the LOVE OF SHIT DONT MAKE THAT FUCKING FIGHT, it's definitely a winnable fight for dong, it's just surviving the first round i'd be worried about.

Shields could barely survive any round with hector...

Lombard has had 40 professional fights (most at MW) and has never been finished, and DHK is going to be the guy to KO him? Somehow I find that hard to believe.

If DHK chooses to stand and bang instead of grappling like he claims, I suspect he will end up taking a nap in this one.

Shields could barely survive any round with hector...

dong is better on the feet than shields (who isnt?) and has better takedowns/throws, i'm just saying i dont think dong could do anything in that first round, but could definitely win if he survives the first.

I hope his game plan is 100% grappling based because if its not, hector is going to KO him early rd 1. Id like at least a mildly competitive fight, but hector kills this guy, lets be honest with ourselves

Lombard is a whole nother animal than Hathaway, going forward on him from the starting bell could be suicide.

Dong going balls to the wall, all in. Lombard better be ready, Dong will be up in his face all night long

Back