Deontay wilder vs Anthony joshua

Pre Widler Fury there is no way in hell Fury was no2 in the division prob not top 10 based on those comeback fights
I'm dealing with reality and the now.
The simple fact that Wilder wanted the most dangerous threat to his title right after he got a controversial draw...
Just go ahead and ignore that fact based on assumptions from the past that were proven wrong based off actual fights.

Mate, who the fuck was Wilder fighting at 19-0 it weren't world champions, that's for sure. All you can do is bring up quotes from years past instead of focusing on the now because you know Wilder and his team turned it down.

Yeah, man let's just ignore critical parts of the conversation because you don't like them. Canelo already had 3 titles with 6 title defences at that point in his career and was a bigger draw, Ruiz had signed the contract to agree to that split. You're taking things out of context again to fit your bs narrative.

Again I'll ask it, can you Wilder fans argue in good faith or nah?

You have flat out ignored, and danced around the fact Hearn admits Wilder is an equal revenue draw to AJ

You mention belts, Canelo had only the ring middleweight title going into the ggg fights, whilst ggg had 3 MW world titles 3 belts. You correctly mention he was a bigger draw and this determines the split and why he was the a side. The number of defences is irrelevant as GGG had more defences than Canelo at that point, wakey, wakey

Revenue determines the ppv split, canelo vs ggg, shows this and Wilder and AJ are equal revenue draws.

It's pretty simple really. There isn't anything to argue over, that DaZn deal wasn't very good. I admire your defiance on this, AJ has some devoted followers, but all you have left is "the DaZn deal is more than he has been paid in the past", you are being mugged here

you talk about lacking energy, Eddie hearn point blank says AJ and Wilder are equal revenue draws, and you put on your dancing shoes and try foxtrot around it all

Nice try

Last edited:
You have flat out ignored, and danced around the fact Hearn admits Wilder is an equal revenue draw to AJ

You mention belts, Canelo had only the ring middleweight title going into the ggg fights, whilst ggg had 3 MW world titles 3 belts. You correctly mention he was a bigger draw and this determines the split and why he was the a side. The number of defences is irrelevant as GGG had more defences than Canelo at that point, wakey, wakey

Revenue determines the ppv split canelo vs ggg, shows this and Wilder and AJ are equal revenue draws

It's pretty simple really. There isn't anything to argue over, that DaZn wasn't very good. I admire your defiance on this, AJ has some devoted followers, but all you have left is "the DaZn deal is more than he has been paid in the past", you are being mugged here

you talk about lacking energy, Eddie hearn point blank says AJ and Wilder are equal revenue draws, and you try foxtrot around it all
Apart from in that video you posted he directly disputes that Wilder is an equal draw right after the part where you took his quote out of context. Good job and contradicting your own source and evidence.

Apart from in that video you posted he directly disputes that Wilder is an equal draw right after the part where you took his quote out of context. Good job and contradicting your own source and evidence.

AJ is probably a bigger live draw, but Wilder is a bigger PPV attraction, hence 50/50

Hearn says 50/50 take it up with him next time you clock in at matchroom

Mate, who the fuck was Wilder fighting at 19-0 it weren't world champions, that's for sure. All you can do is bring up quotes from years past instead of focusing on the now because you know Wilder and his team turned it down.

Yeah, man let's just ignore critical parts of the conversation because you don't like them. Canelo already had 3 titles with 6 title defences at that point in his career and was a bigger draw, Ruiz had signed the contract to agree to that split. You're taking things out of context again to fit your bs narrative.

Again I'll ask it, can you Wilder fans argue in good faith or nah?
You're going "B-b-but who was Wilder fighting at 19-0!!" and yet you're talking about bad faith argumentation? lol, that's rich.
I didn't see Joshua fighting world champions in his second fight, must be a bum compared to Lomachenko, right?
Obviously not. That's a casual-tier argument.

You also avoided addressing the fact that Joshua clearly didn't want and still wants no part of Wilder.

I'm dealing with reality and the now.
The simple fact that Wilder wanted the most dangerous threat to his title right after he got a controversial draw...
Just go ahead and ignore that fact based on assumptions from the past that were proven wrong based off actual fights.
If a champion defends his title and gets a somewhat controversial draw he doesn't have much of a choice than to rematch....its easy to ask for it straight away on dictated terms then for fury to keep improving back to his near peak....and I think he prefers fighting fury vs whyte.

Joshua took Wlads best shots and survived and despite the hype nonsense WIlder does not hit harder. I think hes still favorite to outbox and stop the can crusher. Ruiz presented very different problems than Wilder would.

You're going "B-b-but who was Wilder fighting at 19-0!!" and yet you're talking about bad faith argumentation? lol, that's rich.
I didn't see Joshua fighting world champions in his second fight, must be a bum compared to Lomachenko, right?
Obviously not. That's a casual-tier argument.

You also avoided addressing the fact that Joshua clearly didn't want and still wants no part of Wilder.

Wilder was offered 100m ffs. Lol How is that not wanting to fight wilder? You’re excuses are fckin laughable but I’m sure you know this anyway.
he’s talked it up yet ran and chased other fighters instead even when he’s offered far more money than he’s ever earned

i bet you’re one of these muppets that thinks wilder was robbed of a tko victory against fury, when in reality fury got hometown decisioned and mugged off

He’s fought shit pretty much his whole career. his list of opponents for his belt is a disgrace other than Ortiz and fury. And he only chased a fury cus he was fat and looked utter shit. Now he’s rematching middle aged guys he knocked out last year
I’ll give him credit if the fury rematch actually happens. No doubt we’ll get breazealle 2 at some point next year

Wilder was offered 100m ffs. Lol How is that not wanting to fight wilder? You’re excuses are fckin laughable but I’m sure you know this anyway.
he’s talked it up yet ran and chased other fighters instead even when he’s offered far more money than he’s ever earned

i bet you’re one of these muppets that thinks wilder was robbed of a tko victory against fury, when in reality fury got hometown decisioned and mugged off

He’s fought shit pretty much his whole career. his list of opponents for his belt is a disgrace other than Ortiz and fury. And he only chased a fury cus he was fat and looked utter shit. Now he’s rematching middle aged guys he knocked out last year
I’ll give him credit if the fury rematch actually happens. No doubt we’ll get breazealle 2 at some point next year
This is pure facts.....too be fair though I am not sure how much of this is wilders fault vs his management team

qZ8vg0wFutiZDJ6WXp4BmVekp3C.jpg

Like I said already, i'm not getting into contract talks with people who don't know what they're talking about.
Funny how we didn't have to deal with this bullshit contract talk during the period where AJ wasn't a champion, but as soon as he becomes champion that shit comes back overnight?

Are you Boxing fans or are you AJ's accountants and lawyers? I can't tell the difference nowadays.

All we need to know is that Joshua doesn't want to fight Wilder, plain and simple. He got knocked out and beatdown by Ruiz, who everyone, even Joshua fans who have every reason to praise Ruiz, is shitting on for being fat as fuck. Joshua got beat the fuck around by a short notice fat man who wasn't even ranked top 10 in the division, and you want to tell me this guy beats Deontay Wilder? Funny fucking joke

Like I said already, i'm not getting into contract talks with people who don't know what they're talking about.
Funny how we didn't have to deal with this bullshit contract talk during the period where AJ wasn't a champion, but as soon as he becomes champion that shit comes back overnight?

Are you Boxing fans or are you AJ's accountants and lawyers? I can't tell the difference nowadays.

All we need to know is that Joshua doesn't want to fight Wilder, plain and simple. He got knocked out and beatdown by Ruiz, who everyone, even Joshua fans who have every reason to praise Ruiz, is shitting on for being fat as fuck. Joshua got beat the fuck around by a short notice fat man who wasn't even ranked top 10 in the division, and you want to tell me this guy beats Deontay Wilder? Funny fucking joke
"Joshua doesn't want to fight Wilder" *Wilder turns down multiple offers from networks and promoters* "I'm not getting into contract talks"

{<jordan}

Wilder is a bigger PPV attraction

Seems a stretch, although admittedly if you take into account the much higher US PPV price the actual money generated is probably a lot closer than people might think. Still, Wilder has only been on PPV twice, one of them was a big money fight but the extra almost half a million PPV buys from the UK (largely from Fury fans you'd expect) definitely helped that along. Then theres the DAZN factor, which you did mention already - AJ/Ruiz 2 on traditional PPV in the US very likely would have outdrawn Wilder/Ortiz 2, possibly by a decent margin, in addition to it breaking records in the UK. Its Wilder "winning" on technicality pretty much, hes on PPV and AJ is on DAZN. But thats not gonna be a factor in an AJ/Wilder (or probably AJ/Fury) fight because nobody would be dumb enough to give that away on a streaming service.

Its an interesting topic imo, but regardless I actually do ultimately agree that a 50/50 split for AJ/Wilder and AJ/Fury is perfectly fair at this point. Joshuas stock took a hit with the Ruiz loss and I think he needs those two more than ever now to truly redeem his image.

of course you don’t because your talking shit. Wilders done nothing to make the fight other than talk about it and chase other fighters instead

Oh so your saying we didnt discuss this in the past 6 months? Look at the fckin threads pal, nothing changed other than a couple of yous trying to brush it off as not important now as Joshua lost his belts. You idiots bought that up not the rest of the board.

you say Joshua didn’t want the fight. Yet wilders team made no ‘real’ offers for the fight and turned down 100m. Your argument is pathetic

Seems a stretch, although admittedly if you take into account the much higher US PPV price the actual money generated is probably a lot closer than people might think. Still, Wilder has only been on PPV twice, one of them was a big money fight but the extra almost half a million PPV buys from the UK (largely from Fury fans you'd expect) definitely helped that along. Then theres the DAZN factor, which you did mention already - AJ/Ruiz 2 on traditional PPV in the US very likely would have outdrawn Wilder/Ortiz 2, possibly by a decent margin, in addition to it breaking records in the UK. Its Wilder "winning" on technicality pretty much, hes on PPV and AJ is on DAZN. But thats not gonna be a factor in an AJ/Wilder (or probably AJ/Fury) fight because nobody would be dumb enough to give that away on a streaming service.

Its an interesting topic imo, but regardless I actually do ultimately agree that a 50/50 split for AJ/Wilder and AJ/Fury is perfectly fair at this point. Joshuas stock took a hit with the Ruiz loss and I think he needs those two more than ever now to truly redeem his image.

joshua sold 2.2m ppvs in Europe at half the price of wilders. Its not even close based on wilders last fight

I have no idea who ducks who. Boxing always has been shit at making some fights happen and it is very difficult to really know what happened. And there is a lot of bias on both sides. Just make that fight!
As of now I would favor Wilder and also root for him.

But to deny that AJ is clearly the A side money wise is just delusional.

I have no idea who ducks who. Boxing always has been shit at making some fights happen and it is very difficult to really know what happened. And there is a lot of bias on both sides. Just make that fight!
As of now I would favor Wilder and also root for him.

But to deny that AJ is clearly the A side money wise is just delusional.
The fight won't happen until 2021 at least now. Fury v Wilder have signed to fight a trilogy, AJ is obligated to fight Pulev and Usyk or lose two of his titles, then Wilder has his WBC mandatory. This is all going on the fact that neither of them lose in the meantime.

The opportune time for this fight would have been April earlier this year, but unfortunately Wilder turned that deal down. It being in the UK might have had something to do with it but he was offered a 60/40 split and if he won a 50/50 split in the rematch.

If a champion defends his title and gets a somewhat controversial draw he doesn't have much of a choice than to rematch....its easy to ask for it straight away on dictated terms then for fury to keep improving back to his near peak....and I think he prefers fighting fury vs whyte.
He does have a choice....Again he wanted the immediate rematch, Fury did not.
Also, again the fact that Fury fought a gimme fight and Wilder fought the dangerous Ortiz totally disproves your "he doesn't have much of choice narrative."
It's a clear bias and just making up fake rules and post fact justifications as you go to discredit the #1 Heavyweight.

Back