deontay wilder k.o was

I may have rushed through it TBH.

When you bring flimsy arguments like: "he got with a gargantuan shot by a proven puncher", to a discussion about whether a guy got legitmately KO'd or not, it just reflects poorly on you. This is just basic logic, man.

When you bring flimsy arguments like: "he got with a gargantuan shot by a proven puncher", to a discussion about whether a guy got legitmately KO'd or not, it just reflects poorly on you. This is just basic logic, man.

I have a very similar tendency to get badly exposed by flat earthers.

Apparently you can’t KO any guy clean enough to prevent haters from calling a dive.

im really tired of boxing fans pretending like half of the fucking card isn't predetermined anymore. Seriously, the judging is proof enough that the promoters are influencing decisions. Do you think they wouldn't pay a guy off to take a fall early? Pay him a few million because hes a journeyman at best, and you make a couple hundred million more down the line when you use this as a marketing tool.

I have a very similar tendency to get badly exposed by flat earthers.

Happens to the best of us. When you're dealing with the best, you're just happy to take part.

im really tired of boxing fans pretending like half of the fucking card isn't predetermined anymore. Seriously, the judging is proof enough that the promoters are influencing decisions. Do you think they wouldn't pay a guy off to take a fall early? Pay him a few million because hes a journeyman at best, and you make a couple hundred million more down the line when you use this as a marketing tool.

Confusing things that somehow could have happened with proven facts is actually one of the biggest curses of our times.

I agree, man. The absolute state of boxing fans that they think a guy like Breazale could possibly be stopped by Wilder.

usually guys dont get hit back, then topple forward and then spin out to their back. Physics is a real thing.

He hit him, and it was a good smack. Don't think for a second it wasn't a dive.
What he got clipped and just crumbled into a starfish there was no flopping or rolling.
https://v.youku.com/pad_show/id_XNDE4NzY0ODAzMg==.html?&source=
Pretty good quality video if it will play outside of Asia.
The only flopping was from a slight stiffness in his leg..l

You’re right, calling it a dive without any bit if evidence is way smarter.

I'm not saying it was for sure a dive, maybe it was legit. I'm saying it played out exactly how I said it would if it was gonna be fixed, I rolled my eyes when I saw the result. That combined with the clear motivations for it makes it highly suspicious.

Before the fight - "Wilder is ducking, Wilder is a fraud"
After the fight - "Wilder killed that guy in the 1st round, AJ took 7, AJ is scared of this guy"

2 weeks before the guy people think Wilder is ducking makes his US debut, Wilder runs through one of that guys former opponents in the most impressive fashion possible, a first round KO in a sport where that is pretty uncommon at that level. Making his performance against their common opponent look much better than AJs and also ensuring that AJ cannot possibly look better than that in his next fight. This takes a lot of the "ducking" heat off Wilder, allowing him to carry on fighting other marginal opponents with less pressure, and massively upping his bargaining chips in negotiation with AJ.

Theres hundreds of millions of dollars at stake for fucks sake, money we cant even comprehend, and people still accept shit like this at face value without questioning it lol.

Let's sit and take a second to appreciate this comment.

Nice little soundbite you took without the rest of the context there. How about an actual rebuttal or at least a straight denial that it might be possible to offer a guy like Breazele millions of dollars to get legitimately hit?

"It was a real punch therefore it had to be real"

...because people wont get punched in the face for real (in a sport where you already get punched in the face for real) if you offer them millions of dollars more.

Not even saying that it was 100% for sure a dive, just that its HIGHLY suspicious that it played out in the exact fashion I openly and repeatedly said it would play out if it was, and i'm no psychic.Then add to that the obvious motivation for why Haymon and Finkel would do that right now - with a former AJ opponent, 2 weeks before AJ fights in the same city, as they are under huge pressure for ducking him and Wilders credibility is at an all time low.

It honestly amazes me that folks dont accept this shit as a possibility, in boxing of all things, with 100s of millions of dollars at stake for some very shady people, and with a guy that only holds a belt right now because a fight he lost 9-10 rounds of was ruled a draw.
o_O
So you predicted an aggressive knockout puncher at the top of the division would KO a guy pretty much everybody expected him to.. and that is proof of a dive because AJ did the same just in more rounds?
Ok broseph

Nice little soundbite you took without the rest of the context there. How about an actual rebuttal or at least a straight denial that it might be possible to offer a guy like Breazele millions of dollars to get legitimately hit?

Well, that's where you're wrong. I didn't vocalize my comment.

Edit: even doing a bit, I feel like a huge cunt even pretending to be this kind of pedant and because of it, I'm going to bed

I'm not saying it was for sure a dive, maybe it was legit. I'm saying it played out exactly how I said it would if it was gonna be fixed, I rolled my eyes when I saw the result. That combined with the clear motivations for it makes it highly suspicious.

Before the fight - "Wilder is ducking, Wilder is a fraud"
After the fight - "Wilder killed that guy in the 1st round, AJ took 7, AJ is scared of this guy"

2 weeks before the guy people think Wilder is ducking makes his US debut, Wilder runs through one of that guys former opponents in the most impressive fashion possible, a first round KO in a sport where that is pretty uncommon at that level. Making his performance against their common opponent look much better than AJs and also ensuring that AJ cannot possibly look better than that in his next fight. This takes a lot of the "ducking" heat off Wilder, allowing him to carry on fighting other marginal opponents with less pressure, and massively upping his bargaining chips in negotiation with AJ.

Theres hundreds of millions of dollars at stake for fucks sake, money we cant even comprehend, and people still accept shit like this at face value without questioning it lol.

Many things somehow « could » have happened. A huge KO did happen.

I agree, man. The absolute state of boxing fans that they think a guy like Breazale could possibly be stopped by Wilder.

Why take more damage than necessary?

Confusing things that somehow could have happened with proven facts is actually one of the biggest curses of our times.

Quit pretending like boxing isn't the most corrupt sport in America. It's really fucking pathetic.

Why take more damage than necessary?

Quit pretending like boxing isn't the most corrupt sport in America. It's really fucking pathetic.

There’s been some proven corruption in boxing, and you don’t have any piece of evidence proving corruption in this specific case.

See ? It’s not all that complicated.

Breazeale walked right into that punch. Wilder has big power but I think 80% of HW boxers put Breazeale down if they get that kind of clean access to his chin.

...because people wont get punched in the face for real (in a sport where you already get punched in the face for real) if you offer them millions of dollars more.

Not even saying that it was 100% for sure a dive, just that its HIGHLY suspicious that it played out in the exact fashion I openly and repeatedly said it would play out if it was, and i'm no psychic.Then add to that the obvious motivation for why Haymon and Finkel would do that right now - with a former AJ opponent, 2 weeks before AJ fights in the same city, as they are under huge pressure for ducking him and Wilders credibility is at an all time low.

It honestly amazes me that folks dont accept this shit as a possibility, in boxing of all things, with 100s of millions of dollars at stake for some very shady people, and with a guy that only holds a belt right now because a fight he lost 9-10 rounds of was ruled a draw.
Take a chill pill there Alex Jones.

Geez!!the fuck was Brazeale doing throwing uppercut on Deontay's arm??

o_O
So you predicted an aggressive knockout puncher at the top of the division would KO a guy pretty much everybody expected him to.. and that is proof of a dive because AJ did the same just in more rounds?

Obviously it was gonna end in KO and not go for too many rounds. But its the fact it was a comic book-esque Wilder/Stivene 2 style first round blowout, the perfect result at the perfect time for Wilder, especially if you're a suit with astronomical sums of money riding on Wilder and the posturing/negotiating game between him and AJ. Too perfect.

Geez!!the fuck was Brazeale doing throwing uppercut on Deontay's arm??

Yep. Ref breaks them then Breazele walks straight in with his left hand dropping to his waist as Wilder immediately fires a 1-2.

But if breezy wins the fight he earns even more in a rematch or unification with Joshua. your post doesn’t make any sense

Dude you’re not Nostradamus if you pick Wilder to KO someone in the first round.

But if breezy wins the fight he earns even more in a rematch or unification with Joshua. your post doesn’t make any sense

Or he loses and gets KTFO anyway, as he was expected to, and doesnt get what they offered him to take the dive.

Dude you’re not Nostradamus if you pick Wilder to KO someone in the first round.

You're ignoring the wider context of why its an extra suspicious coincidence for it to happen now. Also look at the last two occasions where he'd done that to someone - one was the Malik Scott fight which was widely accused of being a dive, the other was a comical superhero esque highlight reel display over Stiverne, incidentally the only guy to have previously gone the distance with him at that point.

Theres so much about Wilders career that just doesnt feel quite right. From fantastical first round finishes to corrupt judges to refs buying him recovery time to avoiding countless top ranked opponents to his sudden eagerness to rush Fury into a fight to phantom 50 million dollar contracts that couldnt legally be agreed to. I believe his management are far and away the shadiest motherfuckers in boxing today, and thats quite an achievement. Tbh I suspect they probably had something to do with the AJ/Ortiz fight not happening next too.

Back