DC might have checkmated JBJ...

Even if you consider that JBJ is ahead of him in the LHW GOAT List (let´s put aside the PEDs debate), DC´s 1st run in the SF HW division, coupled with his recent Dare-2-Be-Great move to challenge the UFC [potential ATG] HW champion (Miocic), might have cemented DC´s legacy in the P4P GOAT list, ahead of JBJ...

See: JBJ´s lost time and reluctance to test himself @ HW , might work against his timeline when it comes to cementing his legacy vs DC.

Even if JBJ gets his shit together, and somehow comes back, the window @ HW is closing:
the only [in his relative physical prime] Great win would be against an aging Miocic, but legacy-wise beating him @ 36 yrs old is different than beating him @ 38-39 yrs old..

And if you consider that the UFC is indeed a poor organization when it comes to developping HWs (only 2 potential ATGs in the last 10 yrs: Stipe & Cain to a lesser extent)...

DC´s anticipation & bold move might have checkmated JBJ...
Yeah I’m sure all that overcomes memories of being beat to submission.

Why isnt DC screaming for the 230 fight against bones ? He said he wanted a fight before the Brock fight............

because Juicehead is SUSPENDED for cheating? Again?

HAHAHA, this thread exemplifies the lengths that jones nut-huggers will go to defend their pathologically cheating hero.

Beyond pathetic.

I am not sure why everyone discredits all of a fighters accomplishments if they are in violation of using PED’s. Testosterone based steroids build muscle & increase recovery time.

There are weight classes so it is a negative to put on too much muscle as most fighters are looking to cut weight. The more muscle you carry the harder your heart has to pump to fuel those muscles resulting in increased fatigue and exhaustion during a fight.

PED’s also cause muscle cramping, exhaustion, dizziness and dehydration. PED’s in combination with weight cutting and dehydration is detrimental not beneficial as there is a greater risk of loss of consciousness rendering the fighter more susceptible to be knocked out (hgh exception).

PED’s are not some magic pill that turn an average fighter into an elite fighter. It does not improve accuracy, precision, intelligence and skill. So let’s not discredit everything a fighter has accomplished if he/she is in violation of USADA.

Jones' entire "legacy" is irrelevant, no one knows how good he is when he fights clean, not even Jon.

Are you certain? Don't you think he even spars clean and has some idea of what he can do without the juice? I've seen a lot of speculation that the Jones that fought St.-Preux was clean.

Aside from punching power I don't really see the HW offering JJ anything different or him having much trouble doing the same thing he did at LHW if he bulks up the right way.

Protein powder? Or stronger chemicals?

w24n3Ia.gif
tenor.gif

IT is sort of simple. Jones "might" be the greatest martial artist of all time. It cannot be denied.

BUT, the peds make it unclear. What is NOT unclear is that DC has been champ in two divisions, and is undefeated. And that is something that Jones as of right now can not compete with.

Yes JJ beat DC, but Hamil beat Jones. Rules and such. Peds and Elbows. Take one and lose one.

I think the extent to which Jones' legacy is tarnished by his PED us in the eyes of many fans may hinge on the punishment he gets from USADA. If he ends up getting a slap on the wrist, I think it will be easier for fans to overlook the issue. If he gets four years, I think far fewer fans will consider him the greatest ever and more people would consider Cormier's career to be superior.

i don't even care about the PEDs. but the fact that Cormier is beating all of the division's contenders AND goes up to HW and KO's the greatest UFC HW champion ever, is a lot better than 2 wins.

who really cares about USADA? im watching fights to be entertained i dont want to watch people point fight and spar for 5 rounds

DC was outclassed in both fights plain and simple

Give the fighters baseball bats then. The rules do matter.

If life was fair DC should be held in higher regard than Jon

But life is not fair....Jon beat DC twice. Jon never lost inside the octagon. Hard to top that.

<DCrying>

<JonesDXSuckIt>
car-door-types-whats-that-a-butterfly-and-why-does-it-commit-suicide-43632_9.jpg

iur
<JonesLaugh>
<mma1>
big_boss_man-696x522.jpg

Glass-of-Coke-a-pair-of-straws-and-thou.-Magazine-ad-on-pinterest.jpg
<DCWhoa>

<LikeReally5> Cheatin'/breakin' rules & laws all day, every day. <36>

Last edited:
So for me it's kind of the ultimate prick move from DC. I mean Jones calls out Bork after getting the belt ... gets stripped and is sitting out while DC comes in, double champs it , AND takes his rivals big draw money fight after jon was so proud of his call out ! I just think its kind of the ultimate FU to jon . I know this is about fighting , but i just cant help but feel DC has beaten jones in the grand scheme of things.

Anyways first post so cheers .

I agree. Jones is ahead in LHW all time ranks but DC is higher on an all time P4P list.

DC has beaten:

Josh Barnett
Stipe Miocic
Bigfoot Silva
Frank Mir
Roy Nelson
Rumble Johnson 2x
Alexander Gustaffson
Volkan Oezdemir
Dan Henderson
Anderson Silva

Sure, Hendo and Anderson were past prime and smaller but most of Jon's opponents were smaller and/or older and/or past prime.

The fact that DC has beaten top HWs and top LHWs is extremely impressive.

I wouldn't say checkmated but DC has made the best possible moves available to him on the board.

Jones lost the most important fight! Life! 23-1-1!

Back