DC is scared to hit the beach of Rio

Mate I really hope Mexico gets better. I honestly believe if they decriminalise all drugs then the Cartels wont have as much power. the war on drugs doesn't work as we have seen from Mexico. Massive subject I know and off topic. It worked in Portugal. Would love to able to go all through your country one day.

I totally agree. I think the only way to quell the drug-related violence in Mexico and even in the US is to decriminalize all drugs. I'm totally familiar with the decriminalization in Portugal. Unfortunately, there's a lot of factors that prevent this happening e.g. Big Pharma, the prison industry, and the huge influence of conservative Christianity.

I totally agree. I think the only way to quell the drug-related violence in Mexico and even in the US is to decriminalize all drugs. I'm totally familiar with the decriminalization in Portugal. Unfortunately, there's a lot of factors that prevent this happening e.g. Big Pharma, the prison industry, and the huge influence of conservative Christianity.
Oh yeah 100%. Thing is what worse can it do? Anyway long road ahead.

Loved the Narcos:Mexico season

@Thunderhead

Haven't seen it. But I have read this book which I think had a huge influence on the original Narcos.

Pabloescobook.jpg

LOL yeah but I bet the Mexicans hate it just like the Colombians hate the first one.

Wasn't aware Colombians hated the first season. I took a Latin American history class in university (not that that makes me any sort of expert) and found the big events pretty historically accurate. Sure the narrator was a gringo DEA agent, but I also thought they gave a lot if credit to local Colombian law enforcement that wanted Escobar out. But I'm sure there are lots of legitimate gripes too.

Haven't seen it. But I have read this book which I think had a huge influence on the original Narcos.

Pabloescobook.jpg

According to our tour guide in Medellin, a bunch of the cops in that photo died within the next month of it being taken. Crazy fucking time down there.

Wasn't aware Colombians hated the first season. I took a Latin American history class in university (not that that makes me any sort of expert) and found the big events pretty historically accurate. Sure the narrator was a gringo DEA agent, but I also thought they gave a lot if credit to local Colombian law enforcement that wanted Escobar out. But I'm sure there are lots of legitimate gripes too.
Not saying things weren't accurate but Colombians hate the fact people say Cocaine and Pablo for the first thing the talk about their country. Escobar killed so many innocents. Not cool at all and America really glamorises it just like they do with Cartel shows/Movies.

According to our tour guide in Medellin, a bunch of the cops in that photo died within the next month of it being taken. Crazy fucking time down there.

@Thunderhead I do recommend Narcos: Mexico though. Great fucking season, imo. Just shows if they would have left the weed-growing cowboys alone shit might have been different. It'd be like thr Saudi's burning my parents' (who are grain farmers) barley fields down and persecuting them in their own country because beer/alcohol is illegal in Saudi Arabia

You are the baddest man on the planet, the ufc HW champion, the champ champ and you are gonna sit in the hotel because you are too afraid to even walk out to the beach 20 meters away from the hotel.

What's the point of training wrestling and mma your whole life and be officially the baddest fighter on the planet when in the real world, you are helpless and can't even go outside?:confused:

whats the point of training wresling when i have a gun ? :/

Not saying things weren't accurate but Colombians hate the fact people say Cocaine and Pablo for the first thing the talk about their country. Escobar killed so many innocents. Not cool at all and America really glamorises it just like they do with Cartel shows/Movies.

Valid point

I've only seen snippets of the series, but did it also depict him as a pedophile who trafficked underage girls for sex? The man was a sociopathic bastard to the fullest degree.

@Thunderhead I do recommend Narcos: Mexico though. Great fucking season, imo. Just shows if they would have left the weed-growing cowboys alone shit might have been different. It'd be like thr Saudi's burning my parents' (who are grain farmers) barley fields down and persecuting them in their own country because beer/alcohol is illegal in Saudi Arabia

I'll check it out when I have the time. Meanwhile, I have this book that I have yet to read, let alone tackle with my limited Spanish:

rese%C3%B1a-historia-del-narcotrafico-en-mexico.jpg

You are the baddest man on the planet, the ufc HW champion, the champ champ and you are gonna sit in the hotel because you are too afraid to even walk out to the beach 20 meters away from the hotel.

What's the point of training wrestling and mma your whole life and be officially the baddest fighter on the planet when in the real world, you are helpless and can't even go outside?:confused:

You definitely never went to Rio.
You walk around looking “tourist”
You get shot and mugged.

Yes just in that order .

Like just go to the beach in some shorts.

Don't bring anything valuable.

if you watch active self protection on youtube.. every other video (hundreds) involving carjacking,robbery or shootings is from brazil.
its not a good place

The cartel is probably the major force not allowing the politicans to green light such law. There will be blood if someone tries to steal their business.

Cause Pablo is the Colombian Tony Montana, an American Idol. Chicas, flash, champagne brother.

Last edited:
I don't know if it has been mentioned but the first thing that came to mind was that time when Shogun got mugged and they even stole his clothes and left him in the middle of the street.
Brazil (some parts obviously) is dangerous, no amount of martial provess will help you against a gang, even if unarmed.

Well.. the can you have on your AV got robbed gunpoint in Brazil.. so...
Yep, couldnt have said it better myself. Beautiful attempted coherent thought.

The hilarious thing is the shit hole you reside in makes Brazil look the first world.

34455332.jpg

Back