DC is scared to hit the beach of Rio

I'm actually an American expatriate living in a small gated community by the coast south of the California border. But yeah, as @Mortal Wombat has mentioned, I drive a non-fancy pickup truck and dress very casual, and I don't mingle with anybody with connections to the cartels, so I guess I can say that I'm relatively safe from the violence.

We're the same age, but by your lifestyle I would have assumed you're retired! Kudos, brother!

Man. You're so right. I've got a buddy (same one I went to the Olympics in Rio with) who teaches English abroad, and he tells me the same shit all the time. It's just tough to walk away from a good wage, benefits, time off, pension plan, long-term security. I can get away to different places here and ther now. Guess that's how I justify my slave-like existence lol.
Yeah that seems to be the consensus from people that wont do it. Good job, girl, kids, mortgage. But thats the decisions you make in life and some can keep you stuck for years. Cant believe I'm having this convo on Sherdog. Quick need to fuck it up again.....Fuck Conor fans are pathetic cunts.

Hating on Cormier for being smart about this is like hating your dad for wearing cargo shorts.

Prepare yourself. Many sherbros still wear cargo shorts and will vehemently defend their comfort and practicality.

This is a little price some of you pay being an ass country with other ones: get afraid, paranoid and coward. This is the life you chose, not me or anyone else, so deal with it. I don't care. BUT, again, you are wrong about BraSil (not this shit with Z). Most people can't even put his own feet outside mom's basement and the reality can be too much for them to a point that being this way is more safe. What a shit life huh, being in a prison in the mind full-time. Ignorance would be a shame, not a bliss. BraSil is a very good place to live and you need to take care like any other different place you go, that's all. Look at your sides and avoid strange places, at night on places with few people (unless you know some of them) and you will be alright. I mean, don't be stupid, simple.

Yeah that seems to be the consensus from people that wont do it. Good job, girl, kids, mortgage. But thats the decisions you make in life and some can keep you stuck for years. Cant believe I'm having this convo on Sherdog. Quick need to fuck it up again.....Fuck Conor fans are pathetic cunts.

Haha I hear ya. I've seen you posting before, believe you're an Aussie living in South America? If you're who I'm thinking of, definitely admire the cavalier lifestyle. My job is really good, and I actually like it. And I do have a mortgage. But fuck would I love to say fuck it, cash out my stocks, and fuck off someday lol.

We're the same age, but by your lifestyle I would have assumed you're retired! Kudos, brother!

Oh no. Not retired, but self-employed. Plus, it takes about 30-45 minutes to cross the border to go to work.

Mexico has its problems for sure but it is mostly in Cartel Towns and mostly to other Cartel members. Plenty of good shit to see in Mexico. And the food, fuck me dead its the best. Maybe avoid driving at night in certain place, 2 Aussie surfers got wacked badly.

Sorry to hear about your compatriots getting murdered here. Yeah, there are some places that I would not drive to even in broad daylight. The rule of thumb here is to stick to the beaches as close as possible; the farther you're away from the ocean, the crappier the area tends to get. It's a sad situation really. The government tends to spend most of its money on maintaining/improving the infrastructure in the touristy areas, rather than the poorer residential areas. I've seen the favela-like towns in my region, and the disparity of the conditions can be quite disheartening.

Haha I hear ya. I've seen you posting before, believe you're an Aussie living in South America? If you're who I'm thinking of, definitely admire the cavalier lifestyle. My job is really good, and I actually like it. And I do have a mortgage. But fuck would I love to say fuck it, cash out my stocks, and fuck off someday lol.
Was living but now back to the mother land. Down to chill for a bit but planning the next big trip for 2020. Thinking Burning Man and Alaska and then head over to Finland and do the Baltic States, Belarus, Russia and do the Trans Siberian Railway through all the Stans, Caucasus, Dagestan, Mongolia and finish in China. Massive trip actually and getting visas for some if the stans are hard.

Oh no. Not retired, but self-employed. Plus, it takes about 30-45 minutes to cross the border to go to work.

Sorry to hear about your compatriots getting murdered here. Yeah, there are some places that I would not drive to even in broad daylight. The rule of thumb here is to stick to the beaches as close as possible; the farther you're away from the ocean, the crappier the area tends to get. It's a sad situation really. The government tends to spend most of its money on maintaining/improving the infrastructure in the touristy areas, rather than the poorer residential areas. I've seen the favela-like towns in my region, and the disparity of the conditions can be quite disheartening.
Mate I really hope Mexico gets better. I honestly believe if they decriminalise all drugs then the Cartels wont have as much power. the war on drugs doesn't work as we have seen from Mexico. Massive subject I know and off topic. It worked in Portugal. Would love to able to go all through your country one day.

He's a married man with children. I'd be afraid of the temptation too if i were him

Was living but now back to the mother land. Down to chill for a bit but planning the next big trip for 2020. Thinking Burning Man and Alaska and then head over to Finland and do the Baltic States, Belarus, Russia and do the Trans Siberian Railway through all the Stans, Caucasus, Dagestan, Mongolia and finish in China. Massive trip actually and getting visas for some if the stans are hard.

Holy fuck, good for you man. Not gonna lie, I really wouldn't want to go to the North Caucasus regions. Just disagree too much with their view of life. Not to take this in a political direction, there are wonderful and shitty people everywhere. But how you're brought up does matter.

I've got a former love front Lithuania that I'm planning to meet up with this summer in Scotland, so tell me what Lithuania is like (I assume it's one of your Baltic states). With a stellar review I might not be able to resist visiting.

N-yrPRjrPyciygRsQp3iwoGagbTYGy-3eSUd5702Uf4.gif
This gif would make Elias Theodorou blush

Mate I really hope Mexico gets better. I honestly believe if they decriminalise all drugs then the Cartels wont have as much power. the war on drugs doesn't work as we have seen from Mexico. Massive subject I know and off topic. It worked in Portugal. Would love to able to go all through your country one day.

Loved the Narcos:Mexico season

@Thunderhead

Holy fuck, good for you man. Not gonna lie, I really wouldn't want to go to the North Caucasus regions. Just disagree too much with their view of life. Not to take this in a political direction, there are wonderful and shitty people everywhere. But how you're brought up does matter.

I've got a former love front Lithuania that I'm planning to meet up with this summer in Scotland, so tell me what Lithuania is like (I assume it's one of your Baltic states). With a stellar review I might not be able to resist visiting.
By going through there just to see the mountains not become a muzzie lol. Girls from the Baltics are nice. Good on ya man love Scotland.

Back