Dana's pettiness is the only thing standing in the way of Jones vs Ngannou

That ship has sailed. The time they were gonna do it,was the only time. Jones never intended to fight Francis anyway. We can see why.

He only came out of his crack den to fight other guys.

Francis didn’t want to be in the ufc, he did everything he could to avoid the trilogy with Stipe and then jumped ship soon as he heard jones was moving up.

The guy is a fraud but amazingly has tricked people into thinking he’s the peoples champ now despite landing six punches in the last two rounds of a fight where he only had about two seconds of success and gassed after round four lol
lol

hey everyone,take a look at this

This is a broken man right here

Not sure Jones would really want to fight Francis right now, i know its in MMA but yeah

The way they see it is protecting the value of the brand is more valuable than the money they'd make off a single fight long term.

Except they aren't protecting jack shit, they voluntary gave up the baddest man on the planet and the lineal champion. They are already starting over with Aspinall and Pavlovich.

Except they aren't protecting jack shit, they voluntary gave up the baddest man on the planet and the lineal champion. They are already starting over with Aspinall and Pavlovich.

That's 100% how they'll see it. If you disagree take it up with them.

That's 100% how they'll see it. If you disagree take it up with them.

They discredited their brand when they let Ngannou walk and created a paper title fight. That's over and done with. Ngannou is the baddest man on the planet. They can make the biggest fight in the world, the one fans want to see and rake in millions or they can sit out and let him fight Deonte Wilder or whoever. Either way, they are starting over with Aspinall v Pavlovich.

They discredited their brand when they let Ngannou walk and created a paper title fight. That's over and done with. Ngannou is the baddest man on the planet. They can make the biggest fight in the world, the one fans want to see and rake in millions or they can sit out and let him fight Deonte Wilder or whoever. Either way, they are starting over with Aspinall v Pavlovich.

I understand where you're coming from. Just know that the UFC doesn't see it that way.

Dana dropped the ball when it came to keeping Ngannou in the UFC. He dropped the ball in not giving him the opportunity to box despite all the talk about Zuffa boxing. And he's going to drop the ball again on Jones vs Ngannou.

It's the biggest fight they could make right now. It's way better than the Stipe fight. Both PFL and the UFC are on the same network. The only reason not to make it is Dana holding a grudge.

Dana used to be a great businessman but he's really slipping in his old age, letting the baddest man on the planet walk and propping up Power Slap instead.
https://www.cbssports.com/boxing/ne...g-winners-dana-white-boxing-among-big-losers/

Biggest losers:

"1. Dana White
The UFC CEO's relationship with Ngannou became more toxic each time the former heavyweight champion pushed for change to how MMA fighters are treated behind the scenes. But forget how petty White has been in not only disparaging Ngannou at every turn, but refusing to place the world title around his waist after Ngannou defeated Gane at UFC 270. And forget just how badly the "fumbled the bag" crowd got it wrong when talking about Ngannou, since the exact same petty accusation can now be hurled back at the sport's most successful promoter. Remember, this is the same promotion that recently ran an incorrect graphic stating that Tafon Nchukwi was the first Cameroonian fighter to compete in the Octagon, which was seen as yet another dart being thrown at Ngannou. Yet, from a business standpoint, the way in which White allowed his personal grievances with Ngannou to affect company decisions should now be closer examined. UFC is now contractually out of capitalizing on Ngannou's exploits following the Fury fight (since PFL now holds exclusive MMA rights), which means it's unable to make MMA's biggest fight of Jones-Ngannou. An argument can be made that Ngannou was probably the perfect fighter White could've used for his recurring attempt to get his spin-off company, Zuffa Boxing, off the ground. UFC could've served as the co-promoter for the Fury fight and all of Ngannou's other boxing exploits moving forward. Instead, White has tossed his money and all of his attention into Power Slap, which can only be seen as an insult to all of the MMA fighters on the UFC roster for how shamelessly White is promoting defenseless violence. The biggest regret, however, for White should be that he let one of combat sports' most wholesome and inspirational figures walk away rather than be the leading storyteller tasked with weaponizing his incredible life story as a way to only make the UFC brand even more profitable. "

Scumbag media!

Scum of the earth - they make me sick!

Now that Francis is out of the UFC, the UFC is no longer controlling the narrative. Media is not getting their takes on Francis from Dana and UFC anymore, but from Francis, Marquel, Saudis, boxing promoters, etc.. None of these guys are UFC mouthpieces. Dana and UFC just lost control of the narrative entirely. It must be like a bomb shelter over at UFC HQ yesterday and today, lol. They are still conspicuously silent. The combat sports world is talking LOUDLY and BUSILY and UFC has chosen to sit it out and not participate.

Lol.

The irony.

Nah. Jones is petrified of ngannou. He'd never fight him in a million years.

I understand where you're coming from. Just know that the UFC doesn't see it that way.
I think that Francis' vision would never fit into the UFC's mould. Fair enough. They may have had to part ways as they were not interested in setting the precedent of changing their well-thought-out conveyor belt promotional protocols.

But they should have been wiser than to shit on him JUST IN CASE he achieved anything after. Better to part on good terms than for them to be in the position they are today. Simple civility could have made the landscape so much better for them.

Now the scumbag media are listening to bag-fumbling Francis.

Btw, you guys took stock of the fact that Francis trademarked the term "fumbled the bag" and is launching FTB merch? Now, it's no longer about him but about his former org.

I will support and buy some. This guy is playing 5d chess vs their checkers.

You're making arguments from the perspective of Dana's ego. They lose nothing and have an opportunity to make a killing by putting the fight together.

Think of who Dana's boss is right now. Vince McMahon. He was always willing to bring back guys he had past beef with and it never hurt the WWE brand to do so.

You're making arguments from the perspective of Dana's ego. They lose nothing and have an opportunity to make a killing by putting the fight together.

Think of who Dana's boss is right now. Vince McMahon. He was always willing to bring back guys he had past beef with and it never hurt the WWE brand to do so.

We'll see. If they ever cross promote feel free to tell me I was wrong but I'm very confident they'll never cross promote with PFL for a Francis Vs Jones fight.

Anyone who defends that wife slapper at this point has no respect and are goofs just like Dana. Maybe someone from higher up will finally ask Dana wtf is he doing and why.
She swung first.

They already legitimatized the competition

That remains to be seen. Frank hasn't booked a fight in PFL yet. After last weekend he may not ever fight in the PFL. Most of the casual conversation I've heard so far is "some UFC guy almost beat Fury".

IMO I think the PFL should be looking to promote him in some boxing matches for the short term.

If Ngannou comes back, Jones will go back to his cave. Have you guys forgotten how it was? Ngannou was there for 3 years and Jones was on twitter talking about "show me the money" and not fighting anyone. 3 fucking years. As soon as Ngannou left because they wouldn't let him box, Jones came out from under the bed to fight. As soon as it happened lol. His idiot fangirls all saying that Ngannou ran from him when we were all there when Ngannou waited 3 years for him to man up, when we all knew when his contract with UFC was going to end and at the end of 2022 and he was finally going to be free.

Now he is talking about "having only one more fight". No way in hell you could possibly make him fight Ngannou. No way. Jones takes care of his record way too much. It's over. Just accept it's not happening.

I mean look at this whole Jones vs Stipe thing. He is not going to come back to face the champ, he is going to come back in a year to face that fossil. They won't even let Stipe fight Pavlovich for the belt. They have no faith that he is still good enough for that. The could make a star of Aspinall feeding Stipe to him but they will save it for another year so that Jones can fight him. The only explanation for it is that Jones have tolf them that he is not fighting those guys. Just Stipe and then he is gone.
And the idea that Francis, who fought Gane with two bad knees, and "decided" to win, and who boxed Fury and "decided" to dominate - the idea that this guy is afraid of any man (he was notably NOT afraid of Dana, even - think about that - every fighter in the UFC is afraid of Dana) is ludicrous. Francis believes he is the best HW fighter on earth and all he's got to do is continue convincing the world.

He never ducked anyone, including Jones. He got shafted, he backed himself, he bet on himself, and he won all bets, period.

PFL is really in a bind tho on an opponent for Ngannou. Bader? Obviously they would want a name fighter for Francis’ first mma fight under the PFL banner.

Mixed rules in the PFL according to Francis, the PFL president, and Wilders manager. Wilder's been training MMA for 2 months now according to them. I watched Ariels show today, they also said it will probably be in Africa or somewhere like that when it happens.

WTF? I can't believe I missed this news, that would be amazing.

Back