Dana's pettiness is the only thing standing in the way of Jones vs Ngannou

I disagree, Francis was never really a big draw and has a massive ego. Sure he is polite but he thought he was bigger than the UFC, which he is not and UFC not having him on the roster does nothing to diminish their selling power.

UFC or Dana could not care less about anything Francis does in boxing or in the PFL vs nobodies.

They'd still rather it be against Stipe. I don't think this is just Dana. The UFC as a whole is very against co-promotion and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Dana gets all the blame and none of the credit from fans. he's the end all be all God of UFC in one sentence and then the next he never did shit and was just along for the ride.

Fact is he doesnt own the ufc, he has bosses, if they wanted to give fighters 50 percent of the rev, insurance for family, co promote, do massive spectacle walkins etc they would cause they can.

Zuffa Boxing LOL forgot about that. What ever happened to that?

If Ngannou comes back, Jones will go back to his cave. Have you guys forgotten how it was? Ngannou was there for 3 years and Jones was on twitter talking about "show me the money" and not fighting anyone. 3 fucking years. As soon as Ngannou left because they wouldn't let him box, Jones came out from under the bed to fight. As soon as it happened lol. His idiot fangirls all saying that Ngannou ran from him when we were all there when Ngannou waited 3 years for him to man up, when we all knew when his contract with UFC was going to end and at the end of 2022 and he was finally going to be free.

Now he is talking about "having only one more fight". No way in hell you could possibly make him fight Ngannou. No way. Jones takes care of his record way too much. It's over. Just accept it's not happening.

I mean look at this whole Jones vs Stipe thing. He is not going to come back to face the champ, he is going to come back in a year to face that fossil. They won't even let Stipe fight Pavlovich for the belt. They have no faith that he is still good enough for that. The could make a star of Aspinall feeding Stipe to him but they will save it for another year so that Jones can fight him. The only explanation for it is that Jones have tolf them that he is not fighting those guys. Just Stipe and then he is gone.
<WhatIsThis>

Ngannou wasn't champ for 3 years. There was like 9 months between him beating Stipe and leaving the ufc, and Ngannou/Jones is what they were trying to negotiate. Ngannou wouldn't take it and wanted to take extended time off to go and box. Jones wasn't the replacement, Gane was.

I know it’s fun to spin it like Jones was ducking because he’s such an ass, but I seriously doubt he was worried about Francis. I don’t think Jones doubts his ability to beat anyone in the world for a second and he probably was holding out for more money

Mixed rules in the PFL according to Francis, the PFL president, and Wilders manager. Wilder's been training MMA for 2 months now according to them. I watched Ariels show today, they also said it will probably be in Africa or somewhere like that when it happens.

It takes way longer than 2 months to become competent in mma if u r just a boxer. If wilder fights ngannou under mma rules, it will be a cakewalk for ngannou.

I know it’s fun to spin it like Jones was ducking because he’s such an ass, but I seriously doubt he was worried about Francis. I don’t think Jones doubts his ability to beat anyone in the world for a second and he probably was holding out for more money

So it was just remarkably coincidental that Jones was ready to fight after some 2 years of inactivity the moment ngannou was released from ufc?

So it was just remarkably coincidental that Jones was ready to fight after some 2 years of inactivity the moment ngannou was released from ufc?
It’s really not very remarkable as far as coincidences go. He had also said he needed time to put in muscle

I disagree, Francis was never really a big draw and has a massive ego. Sure he is polite but he thought he was bigger than the UFC, which he is not and UFC not having him on the roster does nothing to diminish their selling power.

UFC or Dana could not care less about anything Francis does in boxing or in the PFL vs nobodies.
He is now, you could say hes the biggest draw in all MMA at the moment.

Both guys are retiring after their next fight regardless. Dana is giving up the opportunity to do a once in a lifetime fight and make a lot more money.

The way they see it is protecting the value of the brand is more valuable than the money they'd make off a single fight long term.

It’s really not very remarkable as far as coincidences go. He had also said he needed time to put in muscle

3 years off and then suddenly he's ready to fight gane as soon as ngannou was released? Convenient...

"He left where there's easier competition"

EFfDk5JXYAEjt4K.jpg

Mixed rules in the PFL according to Francis, the PFL president, and Wilders manager. Wilder's been training MMA for 2 months now according to them. I watched Ariels show today, they also said it will probably be in Africa or somewhere like that when it happens.

I find that hard to believe despite what they might be saying. Why would they fight anything but boxing rules?

They'd still rather it be against Stipe. I don't think this is just Dana. The UFC as a whole is very against co-promotion and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Last time they tried, Chuck got a beating lol.

Jones is injured

Back