DAZN Katie Taylor vs Amanda Serrano April 30th MSG

5th was undoubtedly a 10-8, Katie was almost finished multiple times, 1 judge was smart enough to know the scoring criteria.

No way Katie won 7 rounds, so if you think she won 6 then it is a draw with that 10-8.
eh, you can count the amount of times refs have scores a 10-8 with no knockdown in recent years on your fingers and I'm glad boxing judges don't do it. 10-8 for a KD is what it should be period.

eh, you can count the amount of times refs have scores a 10-8 with no knockdown in recent years on your fingers and I'm glad boxing judges don't do it. 10-8 for a KD is what it should be period.

Why do you champion the idea that a near swing round and a dominant should both be scored 10-9?

Last edited:
Right but the only people yelling robbery are Jake Paul and one or two fanboys in this thread. The fans and media that I've seen score it had it drawish. It legitimately could've gone either way. Some did have it for Serrano but it seems that even more people had it for Taylor. Regardless they'll run it back. Possibly before the end of the year. I enjoyed it as did lots of other people. I wouldn't mind seeing it again.
As is so often the case, people crying robbery are merely displaying their bias and inability to come to terms with reality.

That was a close competitive fight. The short rounds made it more prone to close swing rounds. There were multiple potential swing rounds.

Any seasoned combat sports vet should recognize that as a "could go either way" fight.

Or at the very least understand that it was well within the range of "close enough for the judges to fuck it up".

When I see people upset about a fight like that, they are just demonstrating that they don't or won't grasp the precedent for judging.

Amazing fight.
I think first women boxing fight I was interested in and it delivered.
I almost wish it was a draw.
Both ladies were fantastic.

Only just got around to watching this yesterday and my thoughts are...

- Great fight to showcase women's boxing.
- Commentary team was incredibly biased towards Serrano.
- Serrano would have won if she didn't take her foot off the gas, her own fault.
- There were a few close rounds but it wasn't even close to a robbery, just one bad scorecard.

Back