• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

DAZN Katie Taylor vs Amanda Serrano April 30th MSG

Great fight but unfortunately this one goes down as a robbery for me.
Taylor looked like she was coming apart through most of that fight while serrano looked unaffected and strong throughout.
How do you think boxing is scored?

Basically Serrano got a single close close round (a different one) from the 2 judges that scored it 7-3 lol.

I mean Taylor going 4-1 in the first 5 and 4-0 in the last 4 is indefensible no matter how much you love that "backfoot boxing" where you run away and land one pitter patter punch then hold on for dear life after amateur style of hers. And in the 10th her knees buckled and she nearly got knocked down too.

Boxing is scored by rounds sure, but getting the dec by banking all the close rounds while you nearly got put out of there is just gross.
Taylor was landing a hell of a lot more and very hard shots, sure she doesn't hit as bad nor was able to produce the same amount of damage but those early rounds Amanda was literally hitting air

I knew the fix was in. Amanda beat her ass. 5th was a 10-8. 7 rounds for Taylor twice is absurd.

No wonder Katie ran from 12 3 min rounds, Amanda would have knocked Katie the fuck out.
I thought Taylor edged her but it was drawish. BoxingScene had it scored a draw. Round 5 could've potentially been scored a 10-8 for Serrano but it wasn't. Unfortunately for Serrano she took her foot off the gas in the 6th which allowed Taylor to get her second wind. Serrano letting her back into the fight was a mistake that ultimately cost her the fight. She had Taylor in deep trouble in that 5th round. Either way, Taylor managed to recover and then dig deep to pull it out down the stretch. That's what underdogs are supposed to do. They can run it back soon likely under the 12×3 format.

dude one judge gave it to taylor 7 rounds to 3. that is a ridiculous score. serrano clearly won rounds 2-6 and eked out the last round and likely round 8 as well. it was robbery and home cookin to preserve the record of a popular irish fighter in front of a largely irish-american crowd.

How do you know that the crowd were mostly Irish American? You don’t! You’re speculating to back up your laughable home cooking claim. Which is Fuckin retarded considering Serrano is considered the home fighter

Fight fans in Britain and Ireland tend to travel to watch their fighters fight. A large percentage of her support in their would’ve been from real Irish people, rather than Irish wannabes

No way Taylor fights 3 minute rounds. She looks fucked after 2 minutes, even in rounds she clearly wins.

dude one judge gave it to taylor 7 rounds to 3. that is a ridiculous score. serrano clearly won rounds 2-6 and eked out the last round and likely round 8 as well. it was robbery and home cookin to preserve the record of a popular irish fighter in front of a largely irish-american crowd.
Serrano didn't clearly win rounds 2-6. Not sure what fight you were watching? Taylor got off to the better start early. Like another poster just said they fought in Serrano's backyard. Serrano was the home fighter last night. The fight could've gone either way.

Serrano didn't clearly win rounds 2-6. Not sure what fight you were watching? Taylor got off to the better start early. Like another poster just said they fought in Serrano's backyard. Serrano was the home fighter last night. The fight could've gone either way.
Serrano nearly killed Taylor in one rd, 10-9. Taylor eeks a rd, 10-9. Boxing is much better scored as a whole. Too open to corruption, sure but Serrano won that fight.

No it shouldn't.
Women need to be 2 min rds.
They get concussion and brain damage easier as their skulls and necks can't take the damage it is more dangerous.

WMMA is far safer.
ok. Hadn't considered that aspect. Fair enough.

Serrano nearly killed Taylor in one rd, 10-9. Taylor eeks a rd, 10-9. Boxing is much better scored as a whole. Too open to corruption, sure but Serrano won that fight.
Right but the only people yelling robbery are Jake Paul and one or two fanboys in this thread. The fans and media that I've seen score it had it drawish. It legitimately could've gone either way. Some did have it for Serrano but it seems that even more people had it for Taylor. Regardless they'll run it back. Possibly before the end of the year. I enjoyed it as did lots of other people. I wouldn't mind seeing it again.

Right but the only people yelling robbery are Jake Paul and one or two fanboys in this thread. The fans and media that I've seen score it had it drawish. It legitimately could've gone either way. Some did have it for Serrano but it seems that even more people had it for Taylor. Regardless they'll run it back. Possibly before the end of the year. I enjoyed it as did lots of other people. I wouldn't mind seeing it again.
Yes, it was a great fight.

I mean women's boxing is horrible and it is hard to score damage and pressure when noone is ever a threat to score a knockout.

I thought Taylor won pretty wide. Only 5 and 6 were obvious Serrano rounds. I thought it was 3 3 and seems pretty clear Taylor swept 7 through 9 (I thought 10 as well)

I keep seeing how supposedly in trouble she was and badly hurt in round 9?...

Never went down barely was even wobbled after 20 straight power punches... looked like two little kids fighting.

I watched the whole fight and found it entertaining.
I personally didn't score each round, just watched it. But...I did think Serrano looked better, more accurate, higher volume thrown, and she had great footwork and was fast. I must admit I was surprised when Taylor got the decision, I didn't think she did enough work.

But...like I said...I wasn't scoring each round so if I had been, I might have had a different view.

Serrano certainly impressed me more with her technique and style than Taylor did. She looked smoother and sharper.

Robbery does not equal "the fighter i want to win didn't win." Or "If the judges disagree with me its a robbery."
I thought Serrano was winning but my stream was complete trash & Serrano was missing a lot.

I really wish people would stop calling close fights with no clear winner a robbery. Its not.

I thought Taylor edged her but it was drawish. BoxingScene had it scored a draw. Round 5 could've potentially been scored a 10-8 for Serrano but it wasn't. Unfortunately for Serrano she took her foot off the gas in the 6th which allowed Taylor to get her second wind. Serrano letting her back into the fight was a mistake that ultimately cost her the fight. She had Taylor in deep trouble in that 5th round. Either way, Taylor managed to recover and then dig deep to pull it out down the stretch. That's what underdogs are supposed to do. They can run it back soon likely under the 12×3 format.

5th was undoubtedly a 10-8, Katie was almost finished multiple times, 1 judge was smart enough to know the scoring criteria.

No way Katie won 7 rounds, so if you think she won 6 then it is a draw with that 10-8.

I mean women's boxing is horrible and it is hard to score damage and pressure when noone is ever a threat to score a knockout.

I thought Taylor won pretty wide. Only 5 and 6 were obvious Serrano rounds. I thought it was 3 3 and seems pretty clear Taylor swept 7 through 9 (I thought 10 as well)

I keep seeing how supposedly in trouble she was and badly hurt in round 9?...

Never went down barely was even wobbled after 20 straight power punches... looked like two little kids fighting.

There are some girls out there that hit hard. Savannah marshal has knocked out her last 8 opponents, and 10 in 12 fights. And the girl in her last fight was fuckin out cold. Proper heavy KO

Close fight but I figured Serrano won, or maybe a draw. Disgusted to hear 97-93 Taylor, some of these judges should be sentenced to a few years in prison for their ridiculous scoring.

Incredible fight. I was shocked one judge gave it to Serrano. She clearly had the more dominant round but no knock downs there or standing 8 counts, and plus, that was one round. Can’t see giving her a plurality of rounds and earlier Taylor put on a masterclass and had Serrano whiffing at air.

Katie also seems to elevate her level to her opponent and do what she has to, much in the way Floyd did. She ain’t a KO machine but she is a competitor and a winner. People got to remember that she started off boxing boys, so possibly that gave her a good foundation in toughness. Even bloodied and battered she pulled it out.

It’s interesting that Paul billed Serrano as some never miss KO machine, then he takes over her management and she goes three straight fights with no KO. <Lmaoo>

I can’t believe I’m not seeing “fight of the year” posts .

that fight was amazing …. Much more entertaining then fury fight last week

great fight ladies !

as much as people want to knock women’s boxing ive seen Katie Taylor in loads of good fights. The 2 fights with persoon and with one with Natasha jonas we’re all really entertaining, competitive fights

Back