Dave Herman: The police treated me like a dog

So Luger is from a place where you get to get in the police's faces, and just demand things of them. Forget what they're saying to you...you can just ignore and have your demands met?

France?

No, just from a state where I can have problems with a car without being tased.
Was he bothering anyone?

The cops created a problem out of a car problem.
A person was tased.
What was gained?

Cops get more and more out of control. Just glad he wasn't shot and killed, the cops would have gotten away with it, too, just like always.

He did not commit a crime and he was put in a situation to be tased.
That is insane.

You have to pull over when signaled. You can't just keep driving indefinitely. 3 miles is way too far. And then he gets out of the car? You do not do that here. Getting out of the car and confronting the police is a sure bet to get in much more trouble than you already are. He NEVER should have gotten out of his car. It is a huge red flag to cops.

they were still pissed off that he said "jiujitsu doesn't work"

Fucking lol. A lot of cops roll these days too.

Guy got pulled over for a traffic violation.

He didn't pull over for 3 miles.
Then he got out of his vehicle and approached the police. He is a 6'5" well built dude. That alone was an aggressive move.
Then he starts demanding THREE FORMS OF ID - sovereign citizen speak - even though they were in uniform driving a marked vehicle. "I don't know who you are" lol - only Hollywood Nicky is on a first name basis with his arresting officers.
THEN he refused to comply with their orders.
He got tased, not shot, and he deserved it.

Ahahhahah the Hollywood Nicky line was already gold but then he shows up to boot.

No, just from a state where I can have problems with a car without being tased.
Was he bothering anyone?

The cops created a problem out of a car problem.
A person was tased.
What was gained?

He wasn't cooperative and was demanding id's from officers while not staying in his vehicle.

He then said something about him not being a ****** otherwise he would have been shot. He obviously had a preconceived notion about authority and went there with something to prove.

You have to pull over when signaled. You can't just keep driving indefinitely. 3 miles is way too far. And then he gets out of the car? You do not do that here. Getting out of the car and confronting the police is a sure bet to get in much more trouble than you already are. He NEVER should have gotten out of his car. It is a huge red flag to cops.

With an infant in the car, why not go to the next well lit spot with cameras?
Crazy things have happened for decades.
I am amazed that people are defending that a person that has not harmed anyone has to totally apply to stupid rules.
What did he do to harm a person?
His car was messed up, so the "state" has the right to make him his total obedient slave?
Otherwise he suffers?

Oh boy, where do I even BEGIN with this one???

All I can say is that it DIDN'T have to go down like that. As much as I do not care for cops nowadays I have to say that Herman is the one who made a molehill into a mountain with this one.

I am as white as Dave Herman. Likely whiter. I'm an Irish/Finnish combo, so essentially LED.

Since you're going to go there...

This is why situations like this (where some idiot actually provokes/ignores/fights with police) piss me off so much...because they overshadow the you know, actual bouts of injustice.

I've said this in this and the other thread...what was genius "standing up for?" Why couldn't he have sat in his car (like regular, sane people do), and not be confrontational? Why the big show? Why the demands? Why the non-compliance?

Functioning adults realize that if you challenge or fight with police, it could go poorly for you...regardless of ethnicity.

This is neither just or unjust. Simply unfortunate.
It's just fucking insane that the police would fabricate or lie
about the encounter. It's our right to record the police & illuminate
these common issues... even if it's simply to bring awareness.
& Look at us; we're having a discussion about it because of his wife's
right and ability to carry out her actions accordingly.
It should always be noticed & considered, though... that if Herman
& his family were anything other than white; they simply wouldn't have
been treated the same.

I agree that it was risky & perhaps dumb for Herman to do what he did.
But he thought he was doing what was best for his family.
That's ALWAYS the right thing to do. The story could have easily
been different for him, his wife and/or his child had he not looked
for a well lit, public area to interact with cops.
You don't know what kind of officer you'll be getting,
same as them not knowing what kind of citizen they'll be encountering...

He was doing what he felt right & best for his family in the moment.
& Obviously his wife felt the same, which means they were working consciously;
as a team, looking out for their family. I don't see what he did as much
of a challenge or a fight.

To clarify; I don't have a problem with the tazing.
I have a problem with the lying. They didn't/aren't acting professional.
They are trained. They shouldn't act impulsive.
They also are supposed to act justly & if they felt they did, they
wouldn't feel the need to lie about it.

What an idiot. He knows why he got pulled over so they obviously weren't fake cops, he was just trying to be a dick after leading cops on a 3 mile chase with his kid in the car. How fucking dumb are some people?

Yes. Lets all obey to stupid rules that make no sense.
I am amazed how sheepish most of the posters here are.
Why don't you question authority and wonder how stupid some of the rules are?

With an infant in the car, why not go to the next well lit spot with cameras?
Crazy things have happened for decades.
I am amazed that people are defending that a person that has not harmed anyone has to totally apply to stupid rules.
What did he do to harm a person?
His car was messed up, so the "state" has the right to make him his total obedient slave?
Otherwise he suffers?

Can you tell me the last time two men masquerading as police officers have pulled over a family under the premise of driving an illegal vehicle and subsequently kidnapped or otherwise harmed their infant?

Now can you tell me the last time someone acted fucking crazy toward, and was subsequently tazed by, the police?

Yeah, way to hedge your bets over concerns for your safety. :rolleyes:

This is why everybody hates cops, he did nothing wrong, he wanted to see some identification and he was so in his right. A lot of cops tend to abuse power, and love the fact that they can belittle somebody like that. It is pretty obvious that most cops where the fat little kids playing by themself's, god damn it I hate cops.

I think the cops might have been a been miffed, cause he didn't pull over and kept going for a few miles. They do tend to react harshly to that. Obviously the flashing blue lights in the rear view should have told him they were cops. haha. If he would just have just pulled over, have his license and registration ready, I guarantee, they wouldn't have done anything. But when you take off and lead them on a chase, of course they are going to behave like that. They don't know who you are. You could be the greatest guy in the world, but they don't know that. All they know is, here is a dude not pulling over... and when you finally do pull over, you don't get out of the car. lol..

They may have been pulling him over to see if everything is okay for F sake...you know, since he had his flashers on.

Can you tell me the last time two men masquerading as police officers have pulled over a family under the premise of driving an illegal vehicle and subsequently kidnapped or otherwise harmed their infant?

Now can you tell me the last time someone acted fucking crazy toward, and was subsequently tazed by, the police?

Yeah, way to hedge your bets over concerns for your safety. :rolleyes:

Can you tell me the last time when a family was driving their car with their infant, where they were a danger to other people, because their car was not working right?

Just solid logic by Dave and Mrs. Dave:

- Police pulling me over...so I am going to drive for 3 miles to get somewhere "safe."

- Pull over, and immediately jump out of the car. Instead of listening and/or talking to the police...I'm gonna demand things of them before I listen to anything they say or do.

- WHHHHAAAAAAAA! HE LIKE, TASED ME FOR NOTHING, BRO!!!!!!!!!!

HAHA! I bet his son will be really proud of ole dad when he's old enough to learn about this situation.

Guy got pulled over for a traffic violation.

He didn't pull over for 3 miles.
Then he got out of his vehicle and approached the police. He is a 6'5" well built dude. That alone was an aggressive move.
Then he starts demanding THREE FORMS OF ID - sovereign citizen speak - even though they were in uniform driving a marked vehicle. "I don't know who you are" lol - only Hollywood Nicky is on a first name basis with his arresting officers.
THEN he refused to comply with their orders.
He got tased, not shot, and he deserved it.

so something is required by law, he asked, got fucked, hes the one wrong???????

Can you tell me the last time when a family was driving their car with their infant, where they were a danger to other people, because their car was not working right?

And the police are to assume that after trying to get a car to pull over for 3 miles?

Back