Dave Herman: The police treated me like a dog

He and his wife didn't want a bunch of aggro-cops scaring their kid who was in the back seat.

LOL...great logic. Especially since he extended their drive 3 miles, which you know, tends to make cops aggro

Here we go again. See the already 90 page thread where its cop haters vs.reasonable folk.

Absolutely not. His story was silly tho.

Drove for 3 miles before pulling over cuz he wanted a public lit place? Ok.

Then he gets out of the car. He should've stayed there and identified them there.

Him getting out of the car is silly. But cops are retards and are protected so ill bet his charges get dropped but nothing will happen to them.

Driving to a well lit location with video surveillance is not a bad move, given the penchant for cops to lay indiscriminate beat downs on people.

I noticed in the video his wife shot, that the cop admitted he did not have his video camera on, so maybe not a bad move, and maybe why he was tasered.

its a sad state when people don't see there rights being taken away piece by piece.

do we have the whole video?
no, and of course important info could be missing.

here are the parts that I think are beyond arguing-

1. his initial request was to see AN ID. the 3 ID part didn't come up until later.

2. IT IS NOT AN UNREASONABLE REQUEST.

3. everyone seems hung up on whether or not they were obviously police officers.

IT IS JUST AS LIKELY THEY WANTED TO KNOW WHICH POLICE OFFICERS THEY WERE DEALING WITH- AND OFTEN TIMES YOU CANT FIND OUT EASILY LATER, typically there will be 1 name on the citation, BUT THE OFFICERS NOT ON THE TICKET WILL BE THE MOST AGGRESSIVE ONES.

4. He wasn't being threatening, and obviously did not appear armed.

5. The wife may not have been super accommodating, but SHE HAD JUST WATCHED HER HUSBAND TASED IN FRONT OF HER AND HER CHILD.

5. SHE WAS NEVER A THREAT. Saying she had to get out of the car was silly.

6. Everyone keeps writing about how dangerous their jobs are as police, but they knew that when they took the gig. If they cant do their job without losing their bearing then they shouldn't do the job.

Next time police stops me Im gonna say who are you....I dont know you. show me 3 pieces of id lol.

Guy got pulled over for a traffic violation.

He didn't pull over for 3 miles.
Then he got out of his vehicle and approached the police. He is a 6'5" well built dude. That alone was an aggressive move.
Then he starts demanding THREE FORMS OF ID - sovereign citizen speak - even though they were in uniform driving a marked vehicle. "I don't know who you are" lol - only Hollywood Nicky is on a first name basis with his arresting officers.
THEN he refused to comply with their orders.
He got tased, not shot, and he deserved it.

Whats wrong with this guy? Did u see the video of his wife? How can people say that herman is deserving that threatment?
Im glad that i live in europe.

From my perspective both sides handled the situation poorly.

Had Herman simply stayed in his car and explained to the police officer why he drove to a well-lit area, this would be a complete non-story. Instead he poked the bear, knowing full well the bear doesn't handle these situations real well.

This. Herman acted like an idiot. He was provoking the police and pretty much asking to be tased. Not saying the cops weren't a bit aggressive but after driving a few miles while they were trying to pull him over I'm sure their hackles were up.

Cops are trained to be untrusting.
I've been conditioned to not trust them.

At least he just got tased.
If he were black, hispanic or muslim (probably even Sikh) after
that minor infraction and "excessive" movement; he very well could
be having a closed casket wake right around now.

Herman acted like an idiot. He should have listened to them instead of asking for their id's etc.

its a sad state when people don't see there rights being taken away piece by piece.

1. his initial request was to see AN ID. the 3 ID part didn't come up until later.

3. everyone seems hung up on whether or not they were obviously police officers.

IT IS JUST AS LIKELY THEY WANTED TO KNOW WHICH POLICE OFFICERS THEY WERE DEALING WITH- AND OFTEN TIMES YOU CANT FIND OUT EASILY LATER, typically there will be 1 name on the citation, BUT THE OFFICERS NOT ON THE TICKET WILL BE THE MOST AGGRESSIVE ONES.

5. The wife may not have been super accommodating, but SHE HAD JUST WATCHED HER HUSBAND TASED IN FRONT OF HER AND HER CHILD.

6. Everyone keeps writing about how dangerous their jobs are as police, but they knew that when they took the gig. If they cant do their job without losing their bearing then they shouldn't do the job.

If you're well and/or old enough to formulate ideas and opinions, but still don't know the difference between there/their/they're...then I fully support someone, anyone taking your rights away.

It doesn't have to be piece-by-piece either...it can be all at once.

He refused to pull over and got out of his car. The dumb ass is lucky he didn't get shot!

Demanding that a pair of uniformed officers who just exited a marked police car furnish three forms of ID as you aggressively confront them after leading them on a 3-mile police chase is not a reasonable request. Try again, recruit.

He overreacted a little bit. He should have done what the cops ordered him.

So you think that the cops should act in an aggressive manner towards someone that has not done anything to deserve it?

he drove for 3 miles while they were trying to pull him over and then exited the car, at that point the cops have every right to feel they might be in danger, then they tell him to turn around so they can make sure he's not a threat and he starts asking for id.

i almost never side with the cops, but i think herman blew this one.

I like how Herman was only mildly annoyed when getting tased, then got right back to asking for three forms of id. That guy is definitely used to pain.

Sometimes people can impersonate officers, but three forms seems stupid. They are in a cop car, lights flashing, in uniform, and have badges. That's pretty elaborate for a hoax. Getting out of the car was a bad idea too.

This came off like a sovereign nation hippie douchebag move. Don't antagonize the cops.

I like how Herman was only mildly annoyed when getting tased, then got right back to asking for three forms of id. That guy is definitely used to pain.

Sometimes people can impersonate officers, but three forms seems stupid. They are in a cop car, lights flashing, in uniform, and have badges. That's pretty elaborate for a hoax. Getting out of the car was a bad idea too.

This came off like a sovereign nation hippie douchebag move. Don't antagonize the cops.

Marijuana is a PED, bro

Demanding that a pair of uniformed officers who just exited a marked police car furnish three forms of ID as you aggressively confront them after leading them on a 3-mile police chase is not a reasonable request. Try again, recruit.

Which is why officers need better training in communication. Instead, you have some cops who feel put out for having to follow someone an additional three miles that felt their only option was violence. Shoot first, ask questions later huh?

If this actually was a facist society...most of you effeminate crybabies would really get victimized by the "system."

Dave Herman and Mrs. Dave included.

Back