Dave Herman: The police treated me like a dog

Fighter123

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Dave Herman, a former UFC fighter, was tased and arrested following an incidenet with police on Tuesday morning. He failed to pull over for police for three miles, clamining he was waiting for a "well-lit" area. When he did stop, an altercation with the police ensued which led to Herman being charged with three felonies and a misdemeanor.

As many of you know, the incident was videotaped by Herman's wife, Madeleine. And their 2-year-old son was also in the vehicle.

Herman is outraged at the way he was treated. "They were screaming and threatening my life," he said in a recent interview. "There's no reason I should be treated like a dog. I'm a human being. I'm a person. I have feelings, too. I have a right to know who these people are."

Herman contends that he was just "trying to communicate with the officers" when he exited his vehicle and requested to see their identification. The police didn't see it that way.

"I literally did it by the book," Herman continued. "Like, that's what you're supposed to do and I'm being charged."

So, do you think Herman is being fair with his assessment of "being treated like a dog"?

Your thoughts?

I agree with him.
The description from the news sounded like he was aggressive.
He was just asking what was going on and wanted their ID.

And to the people that thought that he deserved it because he had to drive for a while to reach a safe stop - he had an infant in the car.

Pretty sure the cops would have been way nicer to him if he was a dog.

He behaved like a complete idiot. Not surprised that it went poorly for him, his wife, and child.

He behaved like a complete idiot. Not surprised that it went poorly for him, his wife, and child.

So you think that the cops should act in an aggressive manner towards someone that has not done anything to deserve it?

Pretty sure the cops would have been way nicer to him if he was a dog.

Pretty much, lol.

What the hell was the reason for stopping him, anyway?

Judging by their behavior, one would think they were suspecting him of triple murder and unlawful penetration with baseball bat.

Bullshit! you don't treat a dog like that!

I saw the video, but I hate everyone says "treated like a dog"

It's just a figure of speech, but still, I like dogs, way more tha people.

As much as people say hes an idiot or dick I think he has a legit case here, I am not sure what will come out of this but at the very least he should get some charges dropped

Smart to video tape everything, battery against a police officer is no joke, without video he would have no chance of fighting the charges, although he may have brought some of it on himself

This is why everybody hates cops, he did nothing wrong, he wanted to see some identification and he was so in his right. A lot of cops tend to abuse power, and love the fact that they can belittle somebody like that. It is pretty obvious that most cops where the fat little kids playing by themself's, god damn it I hate cops.

So you think that the cops should act in an aggressive manner towards someone that has not done anything to deserve it?

Next time you get pulled over...why don't you try jumping out of the car, not listening, and demanding things from them. Try that out.

If you want to go for authenticity...then drive for 3-5 minutes before pulling over.

He and his wife wanted to get cute and take some sort of stand (asking for 3 forms of ID from uniformed police in police cars...LOL) against something, and it epically backfired. I think it's hilarious.

I dont wanna make this into a flamewar of any sort, but if I was a cop in a country that insists carrying a weapon on you at all times is concidered freedom. I'd be pretty easy on the tazer trigger as well when he doesn't play by the books. As we all found out in the last thread, he didn't.

That's not true.

Even a dog would know to pull the fuck over rather than drive an additional 3 miles.

^^He had his emergency flashers on cuz he was having car issues. Wasn't even speeding or violating traffic laws. After watching the video I don't see how any of the charges against him will stick, except resisting arrest. The others were thrown in after the fact to justify what happened and will be thrown out

Three kinds of people in this world: sheep, wolves & sheep dogs.

Cops hate it when you don't behave like a sheeple.

In my research, I couldn't find anything that confirmed that "3 pieces of ID from a cop" thing.

So I think that is an urban legend that they heard. Herman also didn't help himself getting out of the car, especially after driving 3 miles down the road.

With that said, the cops didn't need to react the way they did. Herman stopped advancing, they were in a well lit area. The cops could have reacted more calmly. Even if it still resulted in an arrest, there is a lot of room for improvement on the cops end.

There was something wrong with the light on his car = he is a dick that deserves to be treated like a serial killer, it seems

LMAO.

If this was really about something this irrelevant and those guys don't get fired, something's very wrong.

Complete waste of time and resources, before ever getting into human rights violations.

In next episode, tazering for chewing gum thrown onto pavement.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back