Dave Herman: The police treated me like a dog

Zero, I still don't follow the rules of the state blindly.

Driving for 3 miles after refusing to stop for the cops is dumb. And you ignoring that fact and repeatedly trying to cliam that those who disagree with hermans behaviour are sheeple is equally dumb.

you DONT drive three miles.....

you DONT get out of the car

you DONT ask an officer for three forms of fucking I.D

If he would have acted like a civilian and not a fucking tough guy it would of been way less than that. He went about it all wrong. The driving three miles thing before stopping is CRAZY to me lmao wtf was he thinkin? Well lit area lol dudes a nut case. Ive had some dealings with cops and while he didnt DESERVE to be tazed and shit he still made VERY bad decisions in that situation lol

I had to LOL! Anyway, when I lived in Daytona, there was a period of time when a guy (not cop, just some random dude) was going around with blue lights pulling women over and frisking them. I think Herman did the right thing, as far as traveling goes. There needs to be a reform. Lots of people with NPD and APD join the police force... at least some heavy psychological screening.

they-live-16.jpg

Both sides are in the wrong here and deserve blame.

None of us know exactly how he responded before the video started. Continuing to drive so that you find a well lit safe spot to stop IS smart and IS legal, however you need to signal to the cops that you understand they're behind you and that you're complying. We don't know if he turned on his hazard lights or turn signals to alert the cops that he was trying to comply. The attitude that you should immediately pull over the second a cop lights up behind you is just plain wrong and dangerous. There are a lot of out of control cops out there and the law is well established that you have every right to proceed to a safe location before pulling over for that very reason.

Getting out of his car was a huge mistake, you NEVER get out of your vehicle and approach the cops when being pulled over. You turn off your vehicle and leave your hands on the wheel, there's no reason to provoke them.

However, considering the behavior shown in the video there was absolutely no reason for the cops to taze him either, they definitely escalated the situation exponentially and should be reprimanded for it. It's a police officer's responsibility to try and defuse a situation and he wasn't showing any type of aggressive behavior.

His attitude, while not threatening in the video, was strange to put it mildly, asking "who are you?" to uniformed police officers in marked vehicles isn't going to get you anywhere and doesn't make much sense. Plus asking for multiple forms of ID isn't going to get you anywhere either. Sit in your vehicle, ask why you're being detained and what their evidence is. If they don't have enough probable cause to stop you, ask if they're going to continue to detain you and if you're free to go. If you feel like a cop is harassing you ask for a badge number and who his supervisor is. Stay respectful, escalating a situation with the police will NEVER help you and if a cop is being belligerent you'll have plenty of time to deal with that with his superiors and/or in court later. This stuff isn't rocket science.

If both sides used any common sense this wouldn't have happened.

Im no fan of cops. You however must live in a fantasy land. You live in europe, america is totally different. Guns are extremely common, so cops have to be extra cautious to stay alive. If they pull someone over and the car refuses to pull over for 3 miles, of course they will be cautious about the situation. And herman demanding 3 forms of id didnt help the situation. This isnt a game, this is real life shit where split seconds can cost lives. Herman made the situation worse, i dont think he should be charged with battery of an officer, maybe for failure to stop.

You know, if cops are allowed to have guns, civilians should be allowed to have guns.

The reason we (those of us in the USA) have the second amendment is interesting as fuck. It's about keeping the powers that be in check, LOL! Poor founding fathers never dreamed of nuclear weapons, biological weapons, private for profit prisons, and a police state. Your gun isn't gonna do shit these days as far as keeping your safety and protecting your homeland against the government.

Damn Bro, that's a lot of negative police interactions. but my experience tells me there's prroobbabllyyy a little more to the stories you just wrote lol. I find it hard to believe(not saying you're lying) that you're just being targeted because your a good boy and the police in your area have chosen to single you out. tbh I would advise that you avoid air travel, walking in a thunderstorm. having sex without a condom,or any mundane task because you've got like a "final destination" /bad luck/bad/karma thing going on lol

Lmao I do generally have bad luck at most things, if luck does indeed exist :p And nope, actually nothing more to the stories. Plain as day.

Herman strikes me as one of those perpetually offended, uber-liberal fuckheads that thinks police either shouldn't exist or should be pacifists that let everyone get away with everything and allow themselves to be killed in the line of duty.

he was 100% WRONG. this isn't some "gray area" iffy situation; it's foolish to try to appease "both sides." the cops were 100% correct, and herman was 100% wrong. that's not a popular opinion in America these days, but i'm not interested in appeasing idiots.

*edit: i'm talking about the actual incident, not the PR spin later

Last edited:
We live in a world where police can shoot you if you dont do what they say. You can see all the videos on the internet. Herman is lucky to be alive.

He was given multiple warnings and he refused to follow directions. The police tried to use their words, and that didn't work, the taser was the next logical step.

It's not as if the police had the option to close the distance and subdue him in any other way--the guy is huge and a pro fighter.

I'm very critical of police using tasers against nonthreatening citizens (women, old people, normal sized dudes), but in this case the taser was the only safe choice. WTF were they supposed to do?

Back