Dave Herman: The police treated me like a dog

From my perspective both sides handled the situation poorly.

Had Herman simply stayed in his car and explained to the police officer why he drove to a well-lit area, this would be a complete non-story. Instead he poked the bear, knowing full well the bear doesn't handle these situations real well.

someone saw American Sniper...why didn't you finish the quote (for context)?

Three kinds of people in this world: sheep, wolves & sheep dogs.

Cops hate it when you don't behave like a sheeple.

Dave Herman, (the idiot) said "I have a right to know who these people are."

when a police car follows your for a while... while you're clearly not 'just driving' and you refuse to pull over.. and then when you do, 2 'guys' in police uniforms step out of the police car, with it's light flashing...

It's pretty effin safe to assume they are police officers you moron! to play the victim role here is just another sign of your perverse attitude (like only lifting weights to train for a MMA fight)

Seriously.. this guy is right up there for biggest clown of the year!

He and his wife didn't want a bunch of aggro-cops scaring their kid who was in the back seat.

From my perspective both sides handled the situation poorly.

Had Herman simply stayed in his car and explained to the police officer why he drove to a well-lit area, this would be a complete non-story. Instead he poked the bear, knowing full well the bear doesn't handle these situations real well.

Guy got pulled over for a traffic violation.

He didn't pull over for 3 miles.
Then he got out of his vehicle and approached the police. He is a 6'5" well built dude. That alone was an aggressive move.
Then he starts demanding THREE FORMS OF ID - sovereign citizen speak - even though they were in uniform driving a marked vehicle. "I don't know who you are" lol - only Hollywood Nicky is on a first name basis with his arresting officers.
THEN he refused to comply with their orders.
He got tased, not shot, and he deserved it.

Herman behaved like a standoffish libertarian douchebag. He treated the police like criminals, and the police treated him like a criminal. Unsurprisingly, the guys who were armed to the teeth with guns, nightsticks, cuffs, and tazers came out on top.

Just solid logic by Dave and Mrs. Dave:

- Police pulling me over...so I am going to drive for 3 miles to get somewhere "safe."

- Pull over, and immediately jump out of the car. Instead of listening and/or talking to the police...I'm gonna demand things of them before I listen to anything they say or do.

- WHHHHAAAAAAAA! HE LIKE, TASED ME FOR NOTHING, BRO!!!!!!!!!!

HAHA! I bet his son will be really proud of ole dad when he's old enough to learn about this situation.

I agree with him.
The description from the news sounded like he was aggressive.
He was just asking what was going on and wanted their ID.

And to the people that thought that he deserved it because he had to drive for a while to reach a safe stop - he had an infant in the car.

He did try to escape the police with his vehicle...

He and his wife didn't want a bunch of aggro-cops scaring their kid who was in the back seat.

And they thought the best way to achieve this was through evasive driving and bellicosity? Shit strategy, IMO.

LMAO.

If this was really about something this irrelevant and those guys don't get fired, something's very wrong.

Complete waste of time and resources, before ever getting into human rights violations.

In next episode, tazering for chewing gum thrown onto pavement.

You clearly didn't see the video.. he didn't pull over.... usually when that happens, someone is not complying for a very serious reason... then to step out of the car and act all stupid and ask 2 guys in uniform for 3 pieces of ID because you have 'no idea' who they are... well, that's a very good reason for the cops to suspect something very weird is happening and they better at least cuff this guy and figure it out.. if he has just complied.. end of story.. but no, Mr super hero fighter has to be a dick about it..

So, NO, they certainly don't deserve to lose their jobs at all

He needs to source his right to have 3 forms of id from cops

So you think that the cops should act in an aggressive manner towards someone that has not done anything to deserve it?

Absolutely not. His story was silly tho.

Drove for 3 miles before pulling over cuz he wanted a public lit place? Ok.

Then he gets out of the car. He should've stayed there and identified them there.

Him getting out of the car is silly. But cops are retards and are protected so ill bet his charges get dropped but nothing will happen to them.

He drove 3 miles before pulling over. That is considered a pursuit.

He then gets out and demands 3 forms of ID. That is unrealistic. Who even has 3 forms of ID?

Second, even if you do have to show any piece of ID it doesn't have to be until police have made the scene safe. A 6'5" guy not following lawful orders and demanding an illegal action is a threat.

Driving with your hazards on is illegal in most states. Hazards are for pulling over and turning on. You can't just drive down the road with your hazards on. It's illegal and dangerous.

And because he has his family in the vehicle he can somehow drive as far as he wants and not pull over? Right.

Serve and Protect, baby, Serve and Protect.

He needs to source his right to have 3 forms of id from cops

I can just imagine the smug little conversation that he and Mrs. Dave had during the 3 miles of not pulling over:

"Huhuhuhuhuhuhuh, fuck the police baby. Watch this...I am going to demand they show me 3 forms of ID."

"OMG, you totally should."

"Huhuhuhuhuhuhuh, yeah I am going to, and they're gonna get all mad...fuck those guys."

"I am totally going to video this."

"Yeah, myan. Fuck the pigs...if they don't follow my commands, we can youtube that shit."

"Obvi, baby!"

Back