Daniel Cormier would be a monster at MW

Please, stop it. He was never "near death". His kidney function temporarily shut down due to extreme dehydration during one weight cut.

This would not have happened if he had the personal integrity to control his weight. He had no discipline, and got too fat (240+ pounds just before the Games) after taking the 211 spot on the Olympic Team.

A few hours after rehydrating he was fine, but too fat to compete.

There are many fighters in MMA who fight at, or below, their collegiate wrestling weight. DC could have done the same, but he has no ability to control his eating habits.

Dat Popeye's is a helluva drug.

I love it how people pretend to know so much about someone they don't actually know.

If he hired a legit nutritionist and took some time to lose weight in a way that wouldn't harm his health or performance, I could see it happening. It won't though.

Ninja, please.

At hw he was 230lbs fat. Looked around 30 percent body fat. If he dropped pure fat to get to 200lbs than cut the rest to mw. He would still be at 17 percent body fat. He would look like hendricks in shape. He can make the cut but he is not disciplined with his food.

usa-today-7499524.0.jpg

This is him at 182. Does that look like a guy killing himself to make 205? He could make 185 with little problems if he had a nutritionist monitoring his diet
You can't read the 166 right behind him?

usa-today-7499524.0.jpg

This is him at 182. Does that look like a guy killing himself to make 205? He could make 185 with little problems if he had a nutritionist monitoring his diet

Also if he didn't have kidney issues from cutting so hard during his wrestling career... He literally CAN'T cut weight like other guys... He will die.

Same for Rumble... He's a giant anyway, but the cuts to 170 made it so he couldn't even make MW without serious health problems. EDUCATE YOURSELF BEFORE POSTING, SON.

Cormier would literally kill himself trying to get to 185. He almost died in the Olympics trying to cut.
Really? How about that spare tire he carries around?

Ever heard of 1/4 cup grilled chicken 1/2 cup broccoli and 1/2 cup brown rice instead of 30 pc Popeyes with 4 large sides?

If he hired a legit nutritionist and took some time to lose weight in a way that wouldn't harm his health or performance, I could see it happening. It won't though.

Not at this stage, no. But he could easily have done it once he entered the UFC. Take one year to drop to LHW, and another year to get down so he could cut to MW.

But he spent a lot of years since college getting fatter and fatter, and losing that fat after so many years would have been a mind twister for him.

There is no reason he shouldn't be able to cut the same amount of weight to make MW as he currently cuts to make LHW. He easily carries 20 lbs of excess fat at LHW.

I doubt many serious UFC fighters eat Popeyes between fights. Maybe BJ? On the other hand, Hendricks was DC's teammate at OS. Maybe their training table was different from other schools?

Hendricks posted his double whaterburger (about 1300 cal with no fries) on twitter before his last fight. Some of these guys just like to eat like they are still 19. Doesnt work that way.

He literally CAN'T cut weight like other guys... He will die.

Bullshit. He has a temporary condition that many other wrestlers have had, from HS through College and beyond. He didn't have kidney failure, isn't on dialysis, he isn't on a list for a transplant.

He got FAT before the Olympics and tried to cut more than 30 pounds for his match. That caused a temporary shut down of his kidney function. After re-hydration he was back to normal.

Then he went to Popeyes.

I love it how people pretend to know so much about someone they don't actually know.

What that poster wrote is fairly accurate and a matter of record, not really up for debate.

DC wrested @ 184lbs as a 5th year senior in college.

The fact that he couldn't make 211lbs in his last Olympic run had nothing to do with his kidneys and everything to do with showing up far overweight.

He makes 205lbs now, years later, with a chubby belly and completely drawn in face - so we know he still gets bone dry, despite having a loose belly he could easily cut 5lbs off, but the dude likes to eat.

Cormier getting down to 185 would be like Conor getting down to 135.

Not at this stage, no. But he could easily have done it once he entered the UFC. Take one year to drop to LHW, and another year to get down so he could cut to MW.

But he spent a lot of years since college getting fatter and fatter, and losing that fat after so many years would have been a mind twister for him.

There is no reason he shouldn't be able to cut the same amount of weight to make MW as he currently cuts to make LHW. He easily carries 20 lbs of excess fat at LHW.

I doubt many serious UFC fighters eat Popeyes between fights. Maybe BJ? On the other hand, Hendricks was DC's teammate at OS. Maybe their training table was different from other schools?
Interesting point about him and Johny, which I think is more about them being phenomenal wrestlers who could get away with eating crap daily. It caught up to both of them though. They're exceptions to the rules, I'm sure. I also wrestled at D1 level and I had a teammate we called "Lil' Debbie." I'm sure you can guess why lol

About him dropping to MW, I'm pretty sure he could still do it, but the question would be how long he could/would stay active. He's probably getting close to retiring anyway and taking time off to lose 20+ pounds won't help there. I think he could absolutely have one or two fights with top 5 there guys and win, but that would be it; I don't see it happening though.

He really has no reason to do any of this, but based purely on "could it feasibly occur" standards, it sure could.

Cormier getting down to 185 would be like Conor getting down to 135.

No, it wouldn't. Conor weighs in looking like a skeleton at 145. DC weighs in at 205 with a roll of fat around his gut.

Back