Media Daniel Cormier says a trilogy fight against Jon Jones at 205 lbs is "all he wants."

Trilogy? When you lose 2 times in a row, trilogy doesn't fit or make any sense. And you will fight in Jones terms, including weight. Simple.

Either way, Jones humiliates him again EASILY.

I'd prefer the third fight be at heavyweight, but I can see DC's reasoning here. Provided he beats Stipe in the rematch, he's unbeaten at that weight. Why risk it against a guy who you know has your number?

HW or retire.

Anyway, DC will have to fight Stipe a 3rd time after Stipe Ks-DC-TFO in the rematch.

DC beats drug free Jones. Jones knows this...thus the continued cheating.

I would watch, maybe he gets it done this time lol

No chance 252 cake-and-chicken DC makes 205 again.

He doesn't really want that
<JonesLaugh>

Here comes DC's newest carrot to dangle in front of fans and the UFC to justify continuing to reign despite being a terrible champion.

He's not having any of these fights, he just wants you to accept him not fighting for a few more months so he can say that he reigned for X amount of days. Nobody should fall for this absurd notion that DC can make 205 anymore. What, is he fighting Jones in July 2020?

Just boot off dos santos and give us this fight in July.

I prefer the Stipe fight but I would enjoy watching DC getting emasculated by JJ for a third time too.

Position hasn't changed since before the first time they fought:

Hope DC breaks his foot off in Boner's ass!

Would love to see the trilogy and it definitely makes sense if he's going to be retiring soon.

I understand that DC has PRIDE and shit but lets be honest, DC is a better HW than he is a LHW

That's not being honest at all. I don't know how anybody but a deep DC fanboy could look at how slow and awkward DC was against Stipe and Lewis compared to how he'd looked earlier that very same year against Volkan and say he's better at HW.

Something something mythic "DC HW power" despite only having hurt like 4 guys at HW in his entire career.

Man DC is as competitive as they come, so bitter he would do it at 205 just to prove a point.

Any true DC fan doesnt even want him to make that weight cut again. Should be at HW if Jones wants a challenge.

There's no trilogy, they've already fought 3x.

UFC 178

giphy.gif

UFC 182

tumblr_nhno82LfVq1u2ragso1_500.gif

UFC 214

tenor.gif

Possibly too potentially damaging to his psyche if Jones beats him three times or possibly far worse than headkick TKO.

Back