Media Daniel Cormier says a trilogy fight against Jon Jones at 205 lbs is "all he wants."

At this point I ain't even mad at Jones. If DC takes this fight he's an idiot. He has no chance at LHW, and wants to end his career on it? Beyond stupid.

If he takes the fight he has more of an ego than Jones. DC going to throw his career in the garbage because of his pride.

I'd watch it, seriously who else can even challenge Jones? His fights are boring as fuck with him dominating every facet of the game, at least when DC and him fight there's real competition.

And to add with Jones failing the post fight test a third fight is totally warranted.

Stipe is obsessed with DC
DC is obsessed with Jones
Jones is obsessed with cheating
Also, Jones is obsessed with stealing money fights from DC, but it's honestly hard to tell if Jones is obsessed with Stipe/Brock or just obsessed with trolling DC.

I would watch the fuck out of it and so would all of you.

Why doesn't he want it at HW?

I seriously thinks he believes his best version of himself is at 205 where he's much quicker .

Disagree. I think it’s more likely that DC recognized he has a clean claim on the HW belt and he doesn’t want to risk Jones taking that from him as well _ which he would. DC is tough but he’s always been second best - no way he’s letting Jones take that HW claim from him as well.

Unfortunately for DC, this also means that he is going to get beat up again at LHW. I don’t have much interest at all in watching a third run st this fight.

The UFC should bar them from competing at 205 again. What are we doing here?

These are the 2 goats. Point blank period. They should fight at whatever weight allows for optimum performance. The UFC is the ultimate proving ground. The best of the best. But.... fuck their rankings and arbitrary weight classes when it comes to determining the absolute best.

We as fans should push wherever and however we can for this to be settled at heavyweight. No question marks, no 206.2, no "better suited for that weight", no "who had the better cut", etc etc. Fuck all that.

These 2 need to fight for the Big Boy Belt.

636366891841156023-daniel-cormier-jon-jones-ufc-214-press-conference.jpg
DC doesn’t want to give Jon the glory of winning the HW belt off him.

When he loses a third time at LHW his fans and coaches will forever have the weight cut excuse to bring up...

the only tense moment of fight week would be DC making weight or not. DC has a much better chance at HW....still not saying he has a good chance though

Can you imagine if Jones said “Bro we did it twice at lhw let’s go to your division” he’d still be 2-1 up with a loss... what a crazy world that would be.

Jesus man let it go. You're 40, it's only going to get harder in both cutting the weight AND fighting him.
yeah DC has now spent quite a bit of time at Heavyweight and the more time you spend walking around at 250lbs (or more) the harder it's gonna be to get back to 205lbs. At HW, the fight would be interesting, but back at 205lbs?? I think that would be a mistake.

BUT it does kinda confirm that he is gonna fight Stipe in Aug and after that, one last big fight.

I think perhaps it all depends on whether he WINS or LOSES to Stipe in August : think about that for a second
-- if he WINS against Stipe, he is still HW champ and I really don't think he would stomach losing the LHW title AND his HW belt to Jon Jones.
-- If Cormier LOSES against Stipe then I think if he fights Jones he may rather do it at HW.

Dont do it DC.
Leave Jones alone at any weight class, fighting Jones is bad for anyone's career and DCs already made some questionable decisions leaving HW for Cain.

Smash a couple more HW's and retire OR fight Jones like after Rocky II, where no one sees it.

Everything is dependent on the result of Stipe vs. DC II, frankly I rather see Jones move to HW and fight whichever one of those two wins.

No clue why he wants to fight a cheater again. Hes on steroids DC, you aren't gonna win.

Dudes are living in a fantasy world.

Fighters dont want to fight "cheaters" but DC wants to fight the bigger cheater Brock

wake up people

Dudes are living in a fantasy world.

Fighters dont want to fight "cheaters" but DC wants to fight the bigger cheater Brock

wake up people
Yeah because he'd kill Brock and it's a huge money fight. DC will get CTE if he fights Bones again.

I was initially bothered too.

But I am not sure trilogy is not acceptable.

It is NOT a rubber match. As it is not 1-1

I generally think of an MMA trilogy as being a rubber match but was Rampage vs Wandy a trilogy? They fought 3x and went 2-1.

Maybe some kind shergenius can clear this up....
They fought 4 times

No one wants to see that, Daniel...and I know you probably just need the money with the Brock fight falling apart and all but no, nope, not gonna fight you again.

Ill wait for Brock.

~Jon Jones

Bitch move by DC.
He is afraid to lose his HW belt to Jon, so he fights at LHW... for Jon's belt.
Lose and he is still the champ.
Wins, and he gets to be double-champ again, with a win over Jon... sweet retirement into GOAT talks...

Nice business decision, shitty way to get there.

I hope the UFC pushes for a rematch at HW, we seen it already at 205.

Dumb.

Winning at HW would make everyone realize that even a roided Jones was never better than DC at his real weight class.

Back