Media Daniel Cormier says a trilogy fight against Jon Jones at 205 lbs is "all he wants."

So why is he fighting Stipe? The fight is high risk with extremely low reward. Doubt DC loses, but beating Stipe a second time does nothing for his career. Their previous "superfight" sold under 400k buys and with the new ESPN+ setup and the fact that Stipe doesn't do a thing to sell fights, this one will do around low 300k buys if it even touches 300k. This guy has done everything in combat sports if he get Jones to go an entire camp without testing positive for steroids at 205 then I think that fight is close as hell. Jones has already failed drug tests in 3/3 fights.

The UFC should bar them from competing at 205 again. What are we doing here?

These are the 2 goats. Point blank period. They should fight at whatever weight allows for optimum performance. The UFC is the ultimate proving ground. The best of the best. But.... fuck their rankings and arbitrary weight classes when it comes to determining the absolute best.

We as fans should push wherever and however we can for this to be settled at heavyweight. No question marks, no 206.2, no "better suited for that weight", no "who had the better cut", etc etc. Fuck all that.

These 2 need to fight for the Big Boy Belt.

636366891841156023-daniel-cormier-jon-jones-ufc-214-press-conference.jpg

Why doesn't he want it at HW?

I seriously thinks he believes his best version of himself is at 205 where he's much quicker .

Probably because he wants to retire the undisputed champ in both weight classes and the only way to do that is beat Jones at 205.

Way to enable cheating in mma there DC. Jon doesn't deserve a 3rd fight.

Why doesn't he want it at HW?

I seriously thinks he believes his best version of himself is at 205 where he's much quicker .

Just guessing I’d say he doesn’t want to mar his HW record, where he is still undefeated. A loss to Jones* at LHW is no big deal.

He would get beat at heavyweight also.

So he might as well do it again at 205 and take his beating there.

DC is playing right into Jon Jones hands...This is what jones wants, to face him at LHW again.

I understand that DC has PRIDE and shit but lets be honest, DC is a better HW than he is a LHW....Lets be honest, fighting is suppose to mimic real life fighting, where weight doesn't matter.

If DC had any common sense, he would troll jones by calling him a roider etc and challenge him at HW.....If DC is good enough with his trolling, Jones will probably accept.

This is why he's one of the greatest of all time despite his 2 clear losses to Jones. He is a true fighter and competitor and he deserves a huge amount of respect.

That being said he's going to be 0-3 vs Jones.

I hate the use of the word 'trilogy' here

Even if DC somehow wins, he still has two brutal losses to Jones, so I don't know why he wants a trilogy.

Sick avatar btw.
2 BRUTAL losses!?

are you a JOnes FANBOI or a TROLL!?
he won a close Decision, 4-1 rounds
and Ko'd DC on PEDS!!!!!!!!
are you fucking kidding me 2 BRUTAL LOSSES!???

No clue why he wants to fight a cheater again. Hes on steroids DC, you aren't gonna win.

I hate the use of the word 'trilogy' here
I was initially bothered too.

But I am not sure trilogy is not acceptable.

It is NOT a rubber match. As it is not 1-1

I generally think of an MMA trilogy as being a rubber match but was Rampage vs Wandy a trilogy? They fought 3x and went 2-1.

Maybe some kind shergenius can clear this up....

Even if DC somehow wins, he still has two brutal losses to Jones, so I don't know why he wants a trilogy.

Sick avatar btw.
I would accept

"2 losses"
Or "one brutal loss"

Even "two decisive losses"

But I can't accept two brutal losses. First fight was competitive.

Sick avatar btw.
His first loss wasnt brutal and Jones popped after his second loss. The real question would be if the picograms still bein Jones system by the time they fight a third time

Back