Dana White responds to report claiming Liz Carmouche only making 12k/12k for UFC 157

That's quite a bit for the 90 seconds she'll be in there before she gets arm-barred. Then they'll book the next fallgirl.

Maybe the UFC will be gracious, and give her a 50 dollar gift certificate at PF Changs too.

You know how Dana White can end this? Give us something! Anything. You don't have to post a picture of the check on Twitter, you don't even have to give us an exact figure, just give us a ball park of these alleged "behind the scenes bonuses" that you claim the fighters get.

He is so afraid of a potential riot that might start if he says one fighter makes much more than their contract states (which wouldn't happen anyway) but if everyone is making that much, why would there be such a thing?

I honestly believe Dana to an extent that if the fight is a good war he'll give Liz Carmouche at least $50,000. But just come out and say something along those lines.

Why? It should not be any concern of ANYONE on this forum how much fighters get paid by the UFC (unless they are also UFC fighters).

Should I be able to call your employer up an ask them how much bank you make? Of course not. Only you and your employer (and the IRS, etc) have any business knowing that.

I would be pissed as fuck if my employer published my salary. Part of why I got out of Federal employment (I have no desire for my salary to be open to anyone who requests it). That and the fact that I make over three times as much in the private sector now.

If she beats Danas crush, he will give her the agreed upon amount and not a penny more, out of spite. Most likely he will offer her the same kind of offer Rampage claims he got from Pride when he fought Saku, which paid more for a submission loss than for a win.

If she does all the press and makes it a good fight, i am sure they will take care of her. You guys all scoff at the locker room bonuses but fighters have confirmed they are real and can be very lucrative.. She could make 24 grand before any sponsor money or potential bonus money from the UFC.. That's not bad..

that's horrendous for a champion of the highest level of a sport.

Wouldn't be surprised if he was lying at all. Keith Jardine got 9 grand to fight Wandy and that was right AFTER he beat Chuck liddel.

6x what Liz got in her last fight, and since no one has ever heard of her getting to be on UFC primetime is huge for her future, quit whining

On the 2011 SF card she made 5k to show, I'am sure she's happy.

Anyone know what she got in Invicta?

I think the lowest level fighter in the UFC should make 20 grand just to show.

I agree.

also think the minimum wage should be $50 p/h because I don't understand anything about anything.

I find it hard to believe Liz will only make 12k with a loss to Ronda after headlining a ppv. Any other fight, for sure, but not a main event.

Even if the contract was "only" for 12k, what is the big deal? This is a HUGE opportunity, and the opportunity itself has to have some value which is considered during contract negotiations. I would value the opportunity at at least $100k.

You guys also need to understand, Dana isn't just signing her to a 1 fight contract. She will obviously make a bonus for headlining, but her normal contract might be somewhere around 12k/12k. But like I said, even if she didn't get a bonus, and the UFC only paid her $12k to headline, she gets a LOT more out of this.

This is a historical moment in Womens Mixed Martial Arts. She will be featured in multiple DVDs guaranteed. She can sell that idea to sponsors. If she loses, it will be via submission, and the sponsor on her shorts will get great exposure, even if it isn't for very long.

Opportunity is everything. Like I am saying, the UFC could offer $0.00 and I am certain almost every Top 10 womens fighter would take the fight.

I think the lowest level fighter in the UFC should make 20 grand just to show.

agree...

Carmouche deserves more, and mma fighters in general deserve much better pay, especially from zuffa / the big show.

I wonder how the UFC will promote Liz headlining a UFC card lol. They would probably put her on Fuel Tv card
Dana has such a giant sized schoolboy crush on Rhonda that if Liz won he would probably throw a temper tantrum then boot her from the ufc.

Kidding btw....kinda

yup, at least.

every champ's base pay should be at least 1 million dollars.. other wise what's the point of achieving the top level? bendo's base pay is still under 100k... even with bonuses, I bet he doesn't crack 500k, as he isn't a draw.

Where are you coming up with these numbers? Are you trolling us?

So if your boss comes to you and says "Hey listen, we want to double your salary, and you will just be doing the exact same job as you currently do, but we are going to give you a gold belt to wear when you walk in to work every day." You will decline his offer, because you see no point?

Do you not see how ridiculous that logic is?

Yes, because blabbing about other peoples private contracts is something that all presidents of large companies do. That is a good business decision. He should just inform everyone else how much an unknown mid-tier womens fighter is getting in her UFC debut. Will definitely be beneficial for him.

They aren't exactly private contracts when how much fighters are paid is required to be publicly disclosed by athletic commissions. Pro tip: California is a state where fighter pay is required to be publicly disclosed.

And yes, for someone who CONSTANTLY goes on about how well he takes care of his fighters, who faces TONS of criticism about fighter pay, who constantly alludes to locker room bonuses, but never actually details them, it would be an easy opportunity for him to actually back it up.

I'm kinda laughing thinking that $12,000 will in all likelihood be the 2nd most a woman has ever made for a professional MMA fight (unless Gina made more.. call it 3rd most). Then I realized most of you guys are serious.

Guys - Liz is a stand in. No one watching this fight cares about her. No one who isn't her parents or her girlfriend will be buying the PPV to see her. And if $12k is the right number she's making more for a single fight (plus the probable 5-6 figures in endorsement dollars) than she's ever made in her life, more than any woman not named Gina or Ronda has ever made for a fight.

And why should she make any more than that? Nobody is buying the ppv to see her and this will be the biggest paycheck she could possibly make in any organization.

Because she is half of the reason you will see the WMMA title fight on that card. Ronda is bigger draw and she should get lot more then Lizz but 12k is laughable.

Do anyone know how much Bec got for her title fight at invicta 4? Bc if it was 6k or 3k at least compare that to UFCs Lizzs payment. UFC has over 150 ppvs behind them and comapring it to Invicta has only 4 events.
I know she will get some bonus probably but it would be just nice she is guaranteed a bit more for such historic fight for UFC. ( as Dana is shouting it to be on every ocassion )

You know how Dana White can end this? Give us something! Anything. You don't have to post a picture of the check on Twitter, you don't even have to give us an exact figure, just give us a ball park of these alleged "behind the scenes bonuses" that you claim the fighters get.

He is so afraid of a potential riot that might start if he says one fighter makes much more than their contract states (which wouldn't happen anyway) but if everyone is making that much, why would there be such a thing?

I honestly believe Dana to an extent that if the fight is a good war he'll give Liz Carmouche at least $50,000. But just come out and say something along those lines.

Back in the day when Randy was trying to get out of his contract to fight Fedor, he bitched and moaned about how little he got paid. When it went to court and the total pay was disclosed, lo and behold, Dana was the one telling the truth and Randy was the one who came out looking like a jackass.

The bottom line is, if you don't like the contract, don't sign it.

that's ridiculous, so they should pay guys 60-120,000 a year that no one even knows? Not even including the possibility of sponsors, bonus pay, undisclosed pay and etc?

Paying prelim fighters that amount would be crippling to the Ufc bottom line.

no it wouldnt. the UFC is a billion dollar company.. they could afford to pay out an extra few million a year to make sure their fighters dont have to work second jobs. you work a second job, your training suffers. your training suffers, you arent as good. if you arent as good, well, then, the UFC no longer has the best fighters available. it's in their best interest to pay their fighters a living wage.

Fundraiser for Liz: Sell extra advertising space on the side of your top and side of your shorts. It will be easily readable and on camera for a good 5 seconds while you're tapping to an armbar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back