Dana White responds to report claiming Liz Carmouche only making 12k/12k for UFC 157

In fairness to me, I've said that from the beginning. 20k just seems fair to me. My opinion. I don't claim to have any insight as to what the books are. Though I do find it absurd that the notion of a 14k bump for the 6k'ers would somehow drastically crush the Zuffa empire, that's nonsense from the Zuffa's money defenders in this thread who know just as little about the financial details of the UFC's profits - but don't admit it.

The numbers mean absolutely nothing to me, I have no idea what a 14k bump would do. I think saying it would "crush Zuffa" is hyperbole, just like saying Zuffa wouldn't notice paying out the extra money.

None of knows anything about it, and some of us think Zuffa and the fighters can handle all of this between themselves.

Do NFL athletes make more than arena football players? Why? Think long and hard about it. Now, think why someone in the UFC would make more than someone fighting in a regional promotion.

You really want to play this game? Ok, so let me know, how many more people is the NFL employing today, compared with 5 years ago. Lets play the comparison game between professional sports, and not just looking at the UFC as a business.

The UFC already offers 5-10x what other organizations are paying comparable fighters anyways, so what is your argument exactly?

Rampage complains about fighter pay and lives like this..

rampage-jackson-lambo-lp640-550x412.jpg

I know right. Rampage seems stupid with his money and also probably has a poor grasp of how the finances breakdown. He probably hears numbers of PPV sales and multiplies by $55 and compares that to what he makes and thinks he should make at least half.

rather than giving replaceable prelim fighters more money, they're investing in the sport. If they can grow the business in 5 years when revenues go up they'll be able to pay people more, and they probably will.

Exactly this. When the UFC is more established and has maximized their profits and have slowed their growth, they will definitely increase what they pay their fighters. But right now, they are investing huge amounts of money in to growing their company.

Even without knowing anything about the UFC's financials, you have to recognize the costs of growth are so high that the UFC is probably fairly cash poor. They just bought La Boxing which was 60+ locations they will rebrand in to UFC gyms. That is probably something like 20million+ for the total acquisition and rebranding. I would easily see it being 60million for that deal.

The UFC is working hard to be able to employ as many people as possible. They are creating jobs. I am sure UFC fighters would prefer getting $6k on the undercard than 1k main eventing for a regional event right now.

maybe she could carry the signs around the octagon in between rounds of her fight? get some extra scratch while she has a chance...

In fairness to me, I've said that from the beginning. 20k just seems fair to me. My opinion. I don't claim to have any insight as to what the books are. Though I do find it absurd that the notion of a 14k bump for the 6k'ers would somehow drastically crush the Zuffa empire, that's nonsense from the Zuffa's money defenders in this thread who know just as little about the financial details of the UFC's profits - but don't admit it.

Related to my previous point, I looked up the salaries for the first MMA card I ever watched live, UFC 58.

The sum total of the salaries for every fighter not in the main event or co-main event was $93,000 for 12 fighters. That's an average of $7,750 for every fighter on the card including 6 guys on the PPV.

There were only 8 fights, 16 fighters on the card including main events. The bonuses were $10,000 for KOTN, FOTN, SOTN (not included in above total).

Conversely at UFC 155 there were 12 fights, 24 fighters on the card (50% increase). Bonuses were $65,000 (650% increase, also not included in totals).

Everyone who didn't make PPV averaged $19,785.

Everyone not in a Main Event made a total of $552,000 (560% increase), average of $27,600 per fighter (356% increase).

Rouseys manager called the figures inaccurate How the hell would he know?

It's quite clear that the majority of people in this have never owned a business or been exposed to running a business.

The suggestion that they should increase the salary of an employee for providing the exact same value is completely ludicrous.

You don't pay people what is "fair", you don't pay people what they "deserve", you don't pay people want they "need"... you pay them the market value.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back