Dana White responds to report claiming Liz Carmouche only making 12k/12k for UFC 157

I think the lowest level fighter in the UFC should make 20 grand just to show.

Agreed. When you see the published purses of lower-tier fighters who lost their fight and only made $6K, it makes you wonder how they have anything left over after paying their corners and sparring partners.

Meh she signed the contract and she knows how much shes making. Never understood Sherdog fetish with fighters pay.

shes not that valuable, so from a free market standpoint, seems like a no brainer, shes not the draw in any way, shes the sacrificial lamb, makes sense for her to make the minimum

from a caring about fighters standpiont, sucks

god i hope ronda gets tko'd and dana has to put the belt on carmouche, carmouche would be a more respectful champion she has a better attitude and I wish the best for her, fuck dana white

Absolutely, I am sure he does take care of some people. Here's my issue with that system.

A guy could train his ass off for 2 months, spend a lot of money on a camp, and then get dropped 3 minutes into the fight. It doesn't mean he didn't give it all in his fight, just as much as a guy who battled it out for 15 minutes with the opponent, but do you think he's giving that KO victim a bonus?

Yes, the two fighters who had the decision war deserve more of a bonus, but it's the guy I'm describing, and if that was his second straight loss he may even be out of a job, that may need that money more. $12,000 to show up probably won't cover everything he put into that fight, and just because he got caught he's viewed as expendable and simply earning that low figure.

It is a success oriented business plan. Bisping used to be a nobody and he was dead broke. He fought his way through TUF and then through the ranks in the UFC. Jon Jones made 7/7 for his win over Bonnar at UFC 94, now he's got a 400 G base with PPV bonus.. Everybody in the UFC is fighting for 10/10 or 12/12 at the start, but if you win, you get paid more and if you keep winning eventually a title shot with the chance to become a star.. It's all an oppurtunity..

Title fight or not, I think it's reflective of her pulling power in terms of PPV.

At least 20 Ooo$ per fight win or lose ,otherwise doesn't worth it!

Nobody is forcing them to fight. $12,000 is a whole lot better than $0,000. I'd fight Ronda for free, and I am sure dozens of skilled female fighters would also. It is a chance of a life time. It really doesn't matter how much the payday is. If you pass this up, it likely is never coming again.

I'm all for better fighter pay but Carmouche hasn't earned shit. If she isn't on the card the PPV will not lose one buy. She has zero leverage and therefore should be grateful she gets what she gets.

And why should she make any more than that? Nobody is buying the ppv to see her and this will be the biggest paycheck she could possibly make in any organization.

I'm the vice President of the UFC and Dana tells me that shes also being given a free vacuum, some soup cans and a kitchen makeover which will be shown live on the next TUF.

guess we'll find out, but yeah poor (literally?) carmouche

Typical Dana move whenever something critical of the UFC comes out in the press.

"It's bullshit. Here's no proof or any further information, but fuck you if you believe it!"

Agreed. When you see the published purses of lower-tier fighters who lost their fight and only made $6K, it makes you wonder how they have anything left over after paying their corners and sparring partners.

Why would you be having paid corners and sparring partners when you are only making $6k per fight? That is just dumb financial management. If you are a UFC fighter, you should be getting free gym membership at a top gym in your area, and train with the highest level fighters your gym has.

Your coach and your friend are enough to corner you, and I doubt they need you to pay them. I am pretty sure the UFC pays for the fighter + 2 to travel to wherever the fight takes place. Any other people have to pay their own way. Even on the undercard, you can make a few hundred bucks per advertisement on your shorts, and also get your supplements/vitamins paid for too.

It is all about financial management. If Amateurs can afford to fight, then people getting paid $6,000 can afford to fight.

I find it hard to believe Liz will only make 12k with a loss to Ronda after headlining a ppv. Any other fight, for sure, but not a main event.

Typical Dana move whenever something critical of the UFC comes out in the press.

"It's bullshit. Here's no proof or any further information, but fuck you if you believe it!"

Yes, because blabbing about other peoples private contracts is something that all presidents of large companies do. That is a good business decision. He should just inform everyone else how much an unknown mid-tier womens fighter is getting in her UFC debut. Will definitely be beneficial for him.

I'm the vice President of the UFC and Dana tells me that shes also being given a free vacuum, some soup cans and a kitchen makeover which will be shown live on the next TUF.

High end Dyson Vacuum - $500
Case of tomato soup - $250
Kitchen makeover - $15,000

If he wins she gets almost $40K, not bad for a few months work.

Who here gets paid over $150K per year?

I think the lowest level fighter in the UFC should make 20 grand just to show.

yup, at least.

every champ's base pay should be at least 1 million dollars.. other wise what's the point of achieving the top level? bendo's base pay is still under 100k... even with bonuses, I bet he doesn't crack 500k, as he isn't a draw.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back