Dana White responds to MM: "it's 'ridiculous' that he doesn't want to fight T.J. Dillashaw"

Johnson's specific complaint was that they don't post about his fights on their social media. Does that seriously take unlimited resources?

Well you know what, dj is not the smartest guy either. " Hey dj, dont forget to promote your fight. think you got almost quarter of a million twitter followers."

dj- ok guys dont worry, on my way to my 87 follwers on twitch to promote it right now. gonna spam it like crazy"

WRONG Social media dumbass manlet!!

If I know one thing, it's that you can always trust Dana's word.

Especially when he's talking to TMZ.
Don't let your hate for Dana cloud your judgement.

It is evident that they try to promote DJ - free tv, called P4P king, TUF, etc.

And It's no surprise if MM wouldn't take a PPV cause he cant sell crack to a crackhead.

DJ will take the TJ fight in a heart beat he just needs to see this

dana-white-money-e1391096326933.jpg

I hope they can make it happen, DJ vs TJ will be one of the best fights of all time.
There you have it. I don't get the big deal. Woodley made a stink about how he still had a mortgage and he wanted to have a big fight with Diaz or GSP. Then they gave Woodley whatever money he wanted to fight Thompson. It helped that it was on a mcgregor card. But compromises were made. Dana didn't announce Woodley/Thompson without (you know) everyone signing their damn bout agreements first.

Why is this situation so sleazy?

well what else can they do? not no ufc 205 or rhonda last fight level promos cause that might reach dj 300k buys..... on a good day and if he is super lucky. so there goes more wasted money
I am not going to pretend to be a marketing expert.

But that TUF season was money down the drain and it was obvious. Anyone with a bit of common sense should have seen that.

If they really think it was such a big surprise that it did not help than their marketing guys have no clue what they are doing.

Dana bringing this show up as an example is embarassing.

Part of what you say matches Johnson's statements: he is invested in breaking the record for title defenses. He hasn't said he's deadly unconfident he can beat Dillashaw, he said he's deadly unconfident Dillashaw will make 125 lbs. If he doesn't, beating him won't advance Johnson's project of setting a new record. As Johnson tells it, the UFC "guaranteed" him that Dillashaw would make weight but it was just talk with no commitment of any kind attached. It seems to me the UFC is asking him to take risks without offsetting them with a reward.
Lol beating an overweight Dillashaw will add more credence to his record than borg ever will.

Coupled with the fact that Borg IS the backup fight. And that Borg has missed weight the past two times.

DJ's excuses just don't add up...

Well you know what, dj is not the smartest guy either. " Hey dj, dont forget to promote your fight. think you got almost quarter of a million twitter followers."

dj- ok guys dont worry, on my way to my 87 follwers on twitch to promote it right now. gonna spam it like crazy"

What does "promote" mean to you?

Because DJ did everything that the UFC wanted, maybe even a little more. Define "promote" (without using the name conor mcgregor).

I will take your word for it that Johnson, though a top fighter, is an incompetent promoter. Why doesn't the UFC take that out of his hands? Great use of the epithets, by the way.

"The media claims he's the pound for pound best fighter in the world," White said, per TMZ. "I think Conor McGregor is the pound for pound best fighter in the world."

The longtime fight promoter also said Johnson never wanted pay-per-view points and says it's 'ridiculous' that he doesn't want to fight T.J. Dillashaw.

"He didn't want Pay-Per-View. He wanted upfront money, no Pay-Per-View," White said. "He wasn't very confident in his abilities to sell Pay-Per-Views. He has the lowest-selling Pay-Per-View in the history of the UFC in the modern era."

"I think a fight between him and T.J. Dillashaw would be something that people would actually be interested in and could sell Pay-Per-Views and could make money. But he absolutely refuses to fight the guy. It's ridiculous."

White, who has had run-ins with several champions in the past, also strongly disagrees with Johnson's gripes about the UFC marketing machine.

"We're not marketing him right? We built a TV show around him. 'The Ultimate Fighter' was about what an incredible fighter he is. We put him on Fox many times and tried to build him and it is what it is. It's not me."

Johnson claimed that the UFC threatened to get rid of the entire flyweight division if he didn't fight Dillashaw, but White says that isn't true.

"That's not true. We've been talking about shutting down the flyweight division for about three years.

"And, never once did I threaten him to shut down the division. I told him that we had been talking about shutting down the division for years. He knows that.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/6/1...trious-johnson-conor-mcgregor-pound-for-pound

Bullshit, Dana. As DJ/MM said, he wanted up front money so he wouldn't be completely screwed if TJ couldn't cut the weight.

I love that he thinks MM is not the best, criticizing him for not accepting chump conditions for a fight, but Conor, a guy avoiding defending belts in MMA as much an anyone ever has, somehow is more legit.

Dana needs to stop. If it comes down to who is more credible as an honest, up-front person, and who is more likely to be floating phony BS, I don't think he really wants people to make that comparison.

I think we as fans should call for Dana's demise any where you can post it post it that cock sucker needs to go and it is time

Dana is terrible but I agree with him here.

Though I do believe Dana threatened to close the division just so he couldnt break the title defense record.

I am not going to pretend to be a marketing expert.

But that TUF season was money down the drain and it was obvious. Anyone with a bit of common sense should have seen that.

If they really think it was such a big surprise that it did not help than their marketing guys have no clue what they are doing.

Dana bringing this show up as an example is embarassing.
What do you expect the UFC to do to Market this guy then? Release a sex tape between him and Dana?

The manlet is unsellable.

LOL @ Connor being P4P best. Dude get choked out by a LW gatekeeper.

What does "promote" mean to you?

Because DJ did everything that the UFC wanted, maybe even a little more. Define "promote" (without using the name conor mcgregor).
Are we even talking about the same fighter?
Trash talking. Social media post. Stop playing twitch. Not looking like a hs freshman.

Lets not call Dana a liar until we have actual proof, like footage of his lips moving.

Dana is a lying bastard that says whatever fits his current agenda/argument. No surprise.

Mighty Mouse wants to beat his record and it's very important to him and he is deadly unconfident that he can beat TJ so he is absolutely ducking this fight. Maybe after he breaks the record, but not while his record setting is in jeopardy.

Will you idiots shut up and actually listen to what MM has said?

He's willing to fight TJ. Give him his damn guarantee.

Also lol at Dana throwing the UFCs p4p list under the bus.

What do you expect the UFC to do to Market this guy then? Release a sex tape between him and Dana?

The manlet is unsellable.
Well they could at the very least not burn money with shitty attempts and then blame DJ for it.

Nobody is unsellable.

Will you idiots shut up and actually listen to what MM has said?

He's willing to fight TJ. Give him his damn guarantee.

Also lol at Dana throwing the UFCs p4p list under the bus.
Did you even actually listen to what Dana has said? MM won't take PPV cause even he knows he sucks.

And, no one ever gives a guarantee why should MM be that special guy to get that exemption

Back