Dana White responds to MM: "it's 'ridiculous' that he doesn't want to fight T.J. Dillashaw"

Are we even talking about the same fighter?
Trash talking. Social media post. Stop playing twitch. Not looking like a hs freshman.
Name one thing that DJ was asked to do and didn't. Before this, he was a model company man. He did ever presser, commercial, radio show that they asked him to do.

Let me get this straight: in order to promote a sporting event, DJ needs to "trash talk" (whatever that means to you), social media post (which he already does) and stop playing video games online (where some people actually follow him).

I don't know what "high school freshman" is even supposed to mean.

You know maybe you should just say "be like mcgregor".

Explain "promote" better.

I blame Dana for not peaking a little more interest in fans. I hate when Dana says things like "a fight between him and blank would be something people will actually want to see.

I actually think it's "ridciolus that Dillashaw wants to fight DJ. I know he is confident that he could win that fight, but DJ is no slouch. It's a fight that could end very badly for Dillashaw. And then where would that put him? How does he get a title shot at BW then?

Even if Dilly beats lil Pettis, Mr. Tate, and whomever else afterward, I can imagine Dana saying "how can we give TJ a shot at Cody. He lost to a flyweight".
what are you on about, if he fights a at flyweight hes a flyweight, also losing to the record holder is no shame, hes of cunts have got titleshots off losses, DJ dont give a fuck he wants a crack at the champ, life goes on if you lose

What do you expect the UFC to do to Market this guy then? Release a sex tape between him and Dana?

The manlet is unsellable.

A shitload of commercials on one of the big 4 networks calling him the best that aired during other sports is promoting him to the right audience & still meant nothing.
I thought DJ's last Fox fight would be the the one to get good ratings with all the promotion, but it didn't.
I like the guy & his fights, but sadly I am in the minority.

The division has been around since, like mid-2013 right? So they've been wanting to close it since 2014?

What does "promote" mean to you?

Because DJ did everything that the UFC wanted, maybe even a little more. Define "promote" (without using the name conor mcgregor).

using your resources to the best of your abilities to promote whatever you feel you need to. but atleast use the one that is actually going to reach out to people. his social media he uses 95% of the time is followed by hardly anyone.

Also, think of ways to promote. dj expects just to train and fight and lock himself in his room away from society playing video games until that day comes and expects big numbers You cant shut your self off from the world for months at a time, then come out when its fight week and expecting results.

what little promoting he does on twitter, he does it 1000 times more on twitch who is followed by almost nobody.

that's like the ufc needing to promote their upcoming fights, and instead of using twitter, instagram and facebook, they use myspace or AIM messenger

A shitload of commercials on one of the big 4 networks calling him the best that aired during other sports is promoting him to the right audience & still meant nothing.
I thought DJ's last Fox fight would be the the one to get good ratings with all the promotion, but it didn't.
I like the guy & his fights, but sadly I am in the minority.
If only all the Manlet supporters are as honest as you.

Why the Dana hate? Without him, MMA wouldn't be where it is today.

It's like giving the girl a free pass on killing a bum because she is a really talented surgeon and could save hundreds of lives in the future...

This thread is dominated by UFC shills.
im far from it but mm has fought cans and his record attempt is a joke, facts are people dont care for him, does he do movies like everyone else? be honest as a spectator wanting to watch a good fight who do you want MM vs DJ or the other dude?

here is aother fact, when you give him a good undercard, and people leave during his fight, thats a sign no one gives a shit

what are you on about, if he fights a at flyweight hes a flyweight, also losing to the record holder is no shame, hes of cunts have got titleshots off losses, DJ dont give a fuck he wants a crack at the champ, life goes on if you lose
Is English your first language? No judgements but you need to proof read before you hit reply. I am confused by your last sentence.

Forget DJ. I'm talking about Dillashaw.

Do you actually think Dilly will fight Garbrandt if he loses to DJ?

I will say 10000000% NO!

Look at what Dilly did to get a title shot in the first place. And he only got it because Cruz turned down TUF. Cruz said it on one of those shows that he turned down TUF so he can heal his injuries and because Dilly "deserved" it.

If you mean that the UFC would see Dilly fighting at flyweight as a favor. Look at how much they appreciated the favor that Dilly did in saving UFC 177. They didn't pay him a single, solitary penny more in saving that card. Be clear: if Dilly said no to fighting Joe Soto then everyone would have gone home.

Saving UFC 177 was and is a much, much bigger deal than fighting Demetrious Johnson right now.

It's queued for you/

Last edited:
im far from it but mm has fought cans and his record attempt is a joke, facts are people dont care for him, does he do movies like everyone else? be honest as a spectator wanting to watch a good fight who do you want MM vs DJ or the other dude?
You are not the opposition this thread deserves.
But you are the opposition this thread needs

Name one thing that DJ was asked to do and didn't. Before this, he was a model company man. He did ever presser, commercial, radio show that they asked him to do.

Let me get this straight: in order to promote a sporting event, DJ needs to "trash talk" (whatever that means to you), social media post (which he already does) and stop playing video games online (where some people actually follow him).

I don't know what "high school freshman" is even supposed to mean.

You know maybe you should just say "be like mcgregor".

Explain "promote" better.

I "think" what he is saying is that DJ needs to do things that build his brand better/bigger, not just what UFC ask.
People mistake what a fight promoter does ... they promote fights.
UFC cannot promote 550 fighters individually & cater to each needs.
Fighters like Tate, Cowboy, Faber & many others break their ass building their brand & it helped their career.
If you ran a business, the people that did more than asked seem like the better employees than the people that just do what is asked.
DJ has a business & it is in his best interest to build his brand to be as valuable as possible.
There are a lot of things DJ could have done to build his brand more - make efforts to get on podcast, do interviews, etc. Go after a manager/PR person to help (like Tate & Cowboy did).
it isn't just "be like Conor".

I like DJ, but while he did what was asked, he certainly could have done more (like most of the roster)

using your resources to the best of your abilities to promote whatever you feel you need to. but atleast use the one that is actually going to reach out to people. his social media he uses 95% of the time is followed by hardly anyone.

Also, think of ways to promote. dj expects just to train and fight and lock himself in his room away from society playing video games until that day comes and expects big numbers You cant shut your self off from the world for months at a time, then come out when its fight week and expecting results.

what little promoting he does on twitter, he does it 1000 times more on twitch who is followed by almost nobody.

that's like the ufc needing to promote their upcoming fights, and instead of using twitter, instagram and facebook, they use myspace or AIM messenger
I mean you really have spent no time in finding out what he actually does. Me either. I can only listen to what other fighters say and what media members who have actually met these people say.

And you are wrong. He does everything that he is supposed to do. He isn't going to trash talk or send threatening messages to his fighters. He isn't going to be "fake" to make more money.

I don't know what you expect from this athlete. But you need to get it together.

Back