Dana White responds to MM: "it's 'ridiculous' that he doesn't want to fight T.J. Dillashaw"

CasualMMAFan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
"The media claims he's the pound for pound best fighter in the world," White said, per TMZ. "I think Conor McGregor is the pound for pound best fighter in the world."

The longtime fight promoter also said Johnson never wanted pay-per-view points and says it's 'ridiculous' that he doesn't want to fight T.J. Dillashaw.

"He didn't want Pay-Per-View. He wanted upfront money, no Pay-Per-View," White said. "He wasn't very confident in his abilities to sell Pay-Per-Views. He has the lowest-selling Pay-Per-View in the history of the UFC in the modern era."

"I think a fight between him and T.J. Dillashaw would be something that people would actually be interested in and could sell Pay-Per-Views and could make money. But he absolutely refuses to fight the guy. It's ridiculous."

White, who has had run-ins with several champions in the past, also strongly disagrees with Johnson's gripes about the UFC marketing machine.

"We're not marketing him right? We built a TV show around him. 'The Ultimate Fighter' was about what an incredible fighter he is. We put him on Fox many times and tried to build him and it is what it is. It's not me."

Johnson claimed that the UFC threatened to get rid of the entire flyweight division if he didn't fight Dillashaw, but White says that isn't true.

"That's not true. We've been talking about shutting down the flyweight division for about three years.

"And, never once did I threaten him to shut down the division. I told him that we had been talking about shutting down the division for years. He knows that.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/6/1...trious-johnson-conor-mcgregor-pound-for-pound

"The media claims he's the pound for pound best fighter in the world," White said, per TMZ. "I think Conor McGregor is the pound for pound best fighter in the world."

The longtime fight promoter also said Johnson never wanted pay-per-view points and says it's 'ridiculous' that he doesn't want to fight T.J. Dillashaw.

"He didn't want Pay-Per-View. He wanted upfront money, no Pay-Per-View," White said. "He wasn't very confident in his abilities to sell Pay-Per-Views. He has the lowest-selling Pay-Per-View in the history of the UFC in the modern era."

"I think a fight between him and T.J. Dillashaw would be something that people would actually be interested in and could sell Pay-Per-Views and could make money. But he absolutely refuses to fight the guy. It's ridiculous."

White, who has had run-ins with several champions in the past, also strongly disagrees with Johnson's gripes about the UFC marketing machine.

"We're not marketing him right? We built a TV show around him. 'The Ultimate Fighter' was about what an incredible fighter he is. We put him on Fox many times and tried to build him and it is what it is. It's not me."

Johnson claimed that the UFC threatened to get rid of the entire flyweight division if he didn't fight Dillashaw, but White says that isn't true.

"That's not true. We've been talking about shutting down the flyweight division for about three years.

"And, never once did I threaten him to shut down the division. I told him that we had been talking about shutting down the division for years. He knows that.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/6/1...trious-johnson-conor-mcgregor-pound-for-pound
Ok serious thread now.

IMO, Dana's frustrations are justified. They are doing their best for MM but even MM doesn't believe he can draw.

DJ wanted to fight baby Pettis then Ray Borg, he clearly just wants easy fights.

Fuck off, Dana.

DJ wanted to fight baby Pettis then Ray Borg, he clearly just wants easy fights.
True. Dana is Dana, but I got to agree with him here.

The fact is that they invested in TUF for him, labelled him P4P King and promote him over free cards, but nothing seems to work for DJ.

Plus, I would believe that they have been wanting to close the FlyW Div for awhile since it's a deadweight

to the people who say they dont market him, what about when he fought cariaso and lots of people left in the beginning and during his fight?

Fuck off, Dana.

This kind of proves the point right?

Dana is trying his ass off to promote MM. In fact, he defended MM after fans dissed MM, left the arena during his fights, break record Low views. DJ is being ungrateful.

to the people who say they dont market him, what about when he fought cariaso and lots of people left in the beginning and during his fight?
They built a whole show for him. What else does he want? None of the current champs excluding King Con gets that level of promotion

They built a whole show for him. What else does he want? None of the current champs excluding King Con gets that level of promotion

exactly! the only thing they havent done for him is give him rhonda or conor level promos that cost a fortune. but those two got it cause they were already big and they knew they would make their money back with it. Conor had more buzz and hype around him in his ufc debut before he even stepped into the cage than dj has his whole career

Nobody cares about TUF. When was the last time you have heard anyone talk about it?

Dana is a lying bastard that says whatever fits his current agenda/argument. No surprise.

Mighty Mouse wants to beat his record and it's very important to him and he is deadly unconfident that he can beat TJ so he is absolutely ducking this fight. Maybe after he breaks the record, but not while his record setting is in jeopardy.

dana probably labeled him p4p before a ppv event and now he is saying its the media.

exactly! the only thing they havent done for him is give him rhonda or conor level promos that cost a fortune. but those two got it cause they were already big and they knew they would make their money back with it. Conor had more buzz and hype around him in his ufc debut before he even stepped into the cage than dj has his whole career
People should not compare the amount UFC invested in McG & Rousey to anybody else. They are rare and deserves the hype/buzz since they do put in effort selling themselves. DJ feels entitled to receive that amount of investment that will be lost cash anyways.

Look how the UFC markets Stipe, DC,Bisping, Woodley, Holloway or CoGar. What makes MM feel he is worth more than they are?

Dana calling Conor the P4P greatest is a fucking disgrace to the sport of MMA.

dana probably labeled him p4p before a ppv event and now he is saying its the media.
I am quite sure it's a way of hyping him up. If Dana doesn't call him P4P best, how else is he suppose to market him. The Manlet that may beat you up?

Last edited:
Nobody cares about TUF. When was the last time you have heard anyone talk about it?
Then you tell me how do you market DJ. They are trying their best realistically and economically. They don't have unlimited resources you know.

Dana is a lying bastard that says whatever fits his current agenda/argument. No surprise.

Mighty Mouse wants to beat his record and it's very important to him and he is deadly unconfident that he can beat TJ so he is absolutely ducking this fight. Maybe after he breaks the record, but not while his record setting is in jeopardy.
And what makes you think he wants to be challenged after beating the record? Every fight thereafter pads his record.

I think we as fans should call for Dana's demise any where you can post it post it that cock sucker needs to go and it is time

Back