Dana White: Renan Barao is the #1 pound for pound, I don't care what the rankings say

You really think he gets 11/11?

I can't prove he gets more, but how about this,

Chris Cariaso who Renan Beat and has then gone 7-3, with 1 finish, gets 21/21.

Renan's pay hasnt been disclosed for many years, but his pay for 173 will be published so hopefully you will be the last person I explain this to.

I don't blame you for not knowing this, I blame MMAmanifesto for shit journalism in publishing those figures, and I blame the sorry state of MMA journalisms as a whole for continually using that obviously wrong figure.

guess I didn't realize those were wrong figures...but still compare to the other pay on that same page its pretty crazy

No its not and the idea that you actually think that tells us all we need to know.

Someone saying

Dafuq

he is not even #2 is more than an opinion unless he states its an opinion.

There is no implying with a statement like that and the idea that we are discussing this is asinine.

Ah, you're just blatantly trolling now. You looking for dubs dude? Stop with the trolling shtick, it's getting old.

Dana being Dana, of course hes trying to pump up Barao to sell more shows p4p is about the stupidest thing there is anyway.

Any one of these guys could be p4p #1:

Demetrious Johnson, dominating everyone right now, and he is actually fighting more than once a year.

Aldo, looking unbeatable.

Barao, all he does is win, shouldnt that be the criteria?

Weidman, beat the GOAT in 2 of the most decisive fights of the year and didnt hardly break a sweat

Bones, really, really sick, slightly tarnished after the last fight where he looked beatable

Pettis and Cain dont really have a claim to #1 IMO because they never seem to fight

But anyway after all that Cain is a monster and is truly the baddest mofo in the universe

I guess this is Dana's way of promoting the fight.

You seen Aldo fight in the last 2 years?

To say he's been unimpressive is an understatement.

You're confusing unimpressive with unexciting.

The latter is arguable, the former is ridiculous.

Whether you agree or disagree, a very strong argument could be made to support it.

Don't confuse Bones with your mother's ranking. The man has destroyed almost everyone in his division like a Godzilla movie. Very few contenders remain. I'll give Renan a nod for this because he's been dominant but this is an opinion thing that can go either way. If Dana thinks it's Renan that's fine but I believe it's Bones. Idiots hate on Bones for no reason. How many men does he have to submit or carve up with elbows for you to stop talking shit? You know what? Maybe the reason he made Glover look like he just escaped out of the Hellraiser movie is because of all you haters. Keep talking shit, it just makes it worse on his opponents.

At this point I think he has to actually kill someone Bloodsport style before people start to actually take him seriously.

Dana's probably gonna stick with Barao like he did with Anderson since 06, cuz no-one cared about him. If a fighter from another promotion does better, he sucks. That's the way he rolls, yer a sucka if you fall for it.

he just saying this to hype us about Barao, because his fight is right around the corner

he said P4P best is Barao, but approve that Rousey and Jones is the most rated fighter in UFC EA ( and Ronda striking is better than pettis, LOL)

im start to think Dana doesn't agree about half of shit he said, he just said to make money

#1 now

In a few months

#1 MM

I think Dana White has the ability to want himself to believe something. Sure, Barao is an amazing fighter. But can you really compare his achievements at bantamweight, to Jones' run in what is arguably UFC's most notable division, cleaning house of the who's who of MMA?

Jones has faced way tougher competition. Even Weidman.
80 percent of Baraos wins are unknown guys and his biggest win is an old Faber. Mcdonald and Wineland are good but not great.

Jose Aldo has a little message for Dana White: 'Pound-for-pound rankings are f---ing useless'

Jose Aldo said:
We need to know how to handle the criticism. You dedicate and suffer a lot to showcase your technique and ability, things that few people can do, and some people say you're laying back. It's tough, but I don't care about this. If you lose, no one will remember you, but if you're the champion they will always remember you. I want to keep winning, no matter what. The [pound-for-pound] ranking is fucking useless, and I don't care about it or anything people put on (about it). The best pound-for-pound fighter is (Cain) Velasquez because he beats all of them. If they put him against me, he'd beat me. That's how it works for me. The best is that one that beats everybody. I don't care about the rankings.

What this guy said ^

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back