Dana White: Renan Barao is the #1 pound for pound, I don't care what the rankings say

No he isn't. Jones is. Dana always has an agenda with these things so will say whatever is appropriate even if it's stupid. Barao isn't a star and is trying to get him attention

hey look, dana is hyping the next champion defending his belt.

so fucking transparent.

If Dana is so stoked on Barao why does he still pay him like an undercard fighter?

Tells us he hasn't earned the money yet a couple weeks ago now he's sayin he's the p4p best...not saying he should make as much as Jones but surely he is worth more that 22,000 to show.

You really think he gets 11/11?

I can't prove he gets more, but how about this,

Chris Cariaso who Renan Beat and has then gone 7-3, with 1 finish, gets 21/21.

Renan's pay hasnt been disclosed for many years, but his pay for 173 will be published so hopefully you will be the last person I explain this to.

I don't blame you for not knowing this, I blame MMAmanifesto for shit journalism in publishing those figures, and I blame the sorry state of MMA journalisms as a whole for continually using that obviously wrong figure.

What's this kiddo and shalom shit? You mad that someone's opinion differs from yours? Seems like it.

Shalom is a endearing term that many use to say hello and goodbye. The shalom term that I am using means goodbye.

I am also glad you understand that what you said was indeed an opinion, similar to what you wrote about others on here who have a different opinion for whatever reason.

Shalom(Goodbye)

So roughly 30% agree.

Not bad considering Aldo, Jones, MM and Cain (lol) are said to be no 1 by some people.

Jesus Christ. Dana's a joke. For a couple of weeks after Jones beat Glover, Jones was #1 again. Now, that Barao has a fight coming up it's him.

Don't be surprised when he starts claiming that Aldo is P4P this summer in spite of the past shit that he talked about him.

I thought I would have noticed Dana saying that.

You got a source?

You seen Aldo fight in the last 2 years?

To say he's been unimpressive is an understatement.

Wouldn't agree with that, he defense has looked amazing. He also beat a former champ from 155 rather convincingly, which he doesn't get enough credit. Longevity is a big part of p4p, not just has the most finishes in the last 4 fights.

So roughly 30% agree.

Not bad considering Aldo, Jones, MM and Cain (lol) are said to be no 1 by some people.

I do think there is a case for Aldo actually. I dont think Cain has the title defenses IMO in terms of merit for that position.

Last edited:
On merit Barao should be Top 3 p4p

On another note Dana White always does this when this champs are fighting so why is everyone acting surprised?

You mistake my having an opinion for thinking "it's" more valued. Clearly all the armchair bandwaggoners wont value my opinion because it hurts their ego, which happens to be attached to JBJ, this is more a popularity vote than an objective one. I have no personal attachment to either fighter and I feel I can rank them fairly. I never said my opinion is fact, you said I did, I said JBJ isn't even top 2. That's my position, get it yet?

You're starting to make strawman arguments now, and put words in people's mouths, best to quit now before you make yourself look even more foolish.

You said and told another poster that he was not even #2. Not that your opinion is that he is not #2.

Its a cute way to deflect what you stated but you are talking to adults.

Last edited:
No Im not, you said and told another poster that he was not even #2. Not that your opinion is that he is not #2.

Its a cute way to deflect what you stated but you are talking to adults.

Dude, you're not even making sense now. You're making strawman arguments, and looking foolish.

It goes without saying my comment was an opinion. Stop pretending you think I thought opinions are facts.

anyone notice how he always calls the worst draw champ p4p #1 every time? Months ago it was Aldo. It's pathetic.

No Im not, you said and told another poster that he was not even #2. Not that your opinion is that he is not #2.

it is pretty much implied when a poster makes a point it is his opinion, you don't have to write IMO before every statement... black belt forum poster aren't ya?

Renan's pay hasnt been disclosed for many years, but his pay for 173 will be published so hopefully you will be the last person I explain this to.

I don't blame you for not knowing this, I blame MMAmanifesto for shit journalism in publishing those figures, and I blame the sorry state of MMA journalisms as a whole for continually using that obviously wrong figure.

his pay for his last fight was 22,000 to show like I stated. 22 to show 22 to win thats absurd for the #1 p4p

http://mma-manifesto.com/ufc-fighte...ufc-169-fighter-salaries-attendance-gate.html check it out...I was wrong only 11 to show!

it is pretty much implied when a poster makes a point it is his opinion, you don't have to write IMO before every statement... black belt forum poster aren't ya?

No its not implied and the idea that you actually think that tells us all we need to know.

Someone saying:

"Dafuq

he is not even #2"

is more than an opinion, and an absolute unless he states it is an opinion.

There is no implying with a statement like that and the idea that we are discussing this is asinine.

Last edited:
dana has a new p4p every 2 months

hard to have a credible opinion when your so easy to jump on band wagons

Back