Dana White: Renan Barao is the #1 pound for pound, I don't care what the rankings say

To me Dana White has always come off like a desperate door-to-door salesman. He will say anything to get your credit card number.

It's not a crazy statement, but Dana Chavez his p4p best depending on who fights next. Before Barao fought Faber he was p4p best, then a couple months later JJ was suddenly p4p best before glover. Now it's Barao again.

Whatever at this point, they're both right there alongside Aldo (and fuck anyone who thinks he shouldn't be in p4p discussions, he's a monster).

lol Dana said like two weeks ago that he thought the whole situation over and he had Jones at 1 and Barao at 2.

Yeah the guy who has been defending his belt for 5 years should be ranked behind a guy who just had his consolidated a couple fights ago. :(

You seen Aldo fight in the last 2 years?

To say he's been unimpressive is an understatement.

he's still putting him above Jones? oh wait, UFC 173 is this weekend

If Dana is so stoked on Barao why does he still pay him like an undercard fighter?

Tells us he hasn't earned the money yet a couple weeks ago now he's sayin he's the p4p best...not saying he should make as much as Jones but surely he is worth more that 22,000 to show.

What? No. Unimpressive is needing 3 tries to parallel park, or overcooking a steak. Defending a UFC title 4 times and getting two finishes is not "unimpressive" or worse, as you put it.

He hasn't been unimpressive. MMA fans are just obsessed with finishes, are fickle, and often underrate fighters like Lamas. Not saying you do any of those but unimpressive is crazy.

my pick for p4p is jones. barao is good, but not the best p4p.

Dana is correct.....next thread please!

If Dana is so stoked on Barao why does he still pay him like an undercard fighter?

Tells us he hasn't earned the money yet a couple weeks ago now he's sayin he's the p4p best...not saying he should make as much as Jones but surely he is worth more that 22,000 to show.

this^

if he's the best p4p, he wouldn't be doing his laundry in the bathtub still, lol.

Dana is correct. Barao is the current #1 P4P.

He will be singing a different tune satruday night after tj gives him all he can handle

It has to be aldo or barao, i have aldo at the number 1 spot.

and in 2 weeks MM will be the #1 P4P no joke fuck rankings for real dude

This. Everything Dana says is a mixture of spin and bullshit. Barao IS Top 5, but where he fits is subjective.

Dafuq?

JBJ isn't even top 2...

Don't confuse Bones with your mother's ranking. The man has destroyed almost everyone in his division like a Godzilla movie. Very few contenders remain. I'll give Renan a nod for this because he's been dominant but this is an opinion thing that can go either way. If Dana thinks it's Renan that's fine but I believe it's Bones. Idiots hate on Bones for no reason. How many men does he have to submit or carve up with elbows for you to stop talking shit? You know what? Maybe the reason he made Glover look like he just escaped out of the Hellraiser movie is because of all you haters. Keep talking shit, it just makes it worse on his opponents.

Back