• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Dana White announces Conor McGregor vs Michael Chandler as TUF coaches, will fight after

Who Wins?

• Total voters
Contards right now

giphy.gif

any word on what weightclasses they will be bringing on?

Thats a perfect set of coaches for TUF: Fun personalities that will pull people in, semi relevant fighters with some title aspirations, but aren't top contenders that would hold up the division.

We'll surely get a great fight out of this.
I kinda want Conor to win, cause he'll probably fuck off somewhere else instead of holding up the division, due to the stylistic matchup with Islam. He'll wanna box again, DP IV, something non-consequential.

But if he somehow wins and gets it in his head that he can go for Islam, it will be must watch TV.

So no problem with this fight.

When the actual sports drink don't want to do business with a company that emboldens a brass, arrogant domestic abuser you end up with this - the ufc having to sign a deal with the "swill" of sports drinks.

I can't even find that drink in any actual convenience store. The only place that sells it is a specialty shop that sells "as seen on tv" stuff.

My prediction is Chandler forgets he can wrestle and Conroid will knock him out.

Should’ve been Conor and Tony. Ratings for TUF would have been through the roof with all of the crazy stuff they would be saying and doing to each other. Won’t be half as exciting with Chandler.

I’m not disagreeing with you , I honestly thought his unpredictable behaviour is why they would have selected him over Chandler

Yeah, he'd possibly have been the best coach ever from an amusement perspective, just not the best for his team lol.

Why didn't they do that with Dustin then?

Who said they didn’t try?

Conor’s opponents can still win even if the UFC stacks the odds against them.

The fact that Conor constantly gets favored and yet he still can’t deliver demonstrates the impotence of his will and destiny.

Conor can’t lose this one though. Chandler eagerly accepts being cucked, and he will be greatly compensated for it.

Last edited:
What weight are they fighting at (not that it matters all that much)? Also, not to be a Negative Nancy, but unless the UFC changes the format of the show, they will not be able to revive interest. Sure, a polarizing figure like Conor can provide some highlights for the camera crew to put together promos (breaking down a door a la Rampage, hold-me-back-bro staredowns a la everyone else), but if it's still one lackluster fight per episode between two unknowns, no amount of window dressing will help.

I'm shocked Conor has agreed to fight someone of Chandler's magnitude in a legitimate competition.

Shocked, that's cute. The guy he fought before Chandler already beat the piss out of Chandler, and the guy he fought not long before that beat the piss out of both of them.

It actually makes sense. They should have taken the opportunity to add 165 and shift WW to 175 when Tyron was still champ and GSP was coming back. They could have fought to determine the GOAT 170 (GSP of course) and retire the belt. Add 175 and 165.
That 175lb weight class would have been perfect for Hendricks, Gastellum, etc.

Should’ve been Conor and Tony. Ratings for TUF would have been through the roof with all of the crazy stuff they would be saying and doing to each other. Won’t be half as exciting with Chandler.
Conor has always ducked Tony won't even dare utter his name. Is normal.

Boring. This is why im starting to doubt the UFC has the best of the best.

conor is 1-3 since 2018….
All His wins since 2016: cerrone, alvarez and nate diaz lol

chandler is also 1-3 in his last 4 fights.
good fights are not good records, plenty of fighters coasting to decisions to avoid a loss..id watch 1-3 fighters all day if they bring it.

Chandler has about 100x more heart than Conman, and seems to be 100x the better person as well. Will/would watch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back