Media Dana & the UFC are already taking measures regarding the trend of point wrestlers such as Belal & Merab

FDnviIJXEEMRTMW.jpg

Is normal
:)

It was obvious that Herb Dean had orders to make sure O'Malley won, but it would have been so obvious and blatant that he couldn't follow through with the bogus standups.

It was obvious that Herb Dean had orders to make sure O'Malley won, but it would have been so obvious and blatant that he couldn't follow through with the bogus standups.
I am not one to quickly jump on conspiracy theories, and I have seen thousands and thousands of UFC (and MMA) fights over the past few decades, but I would not be surprised if Herb wasn't "encouraged" (can't be ordered) to do so by the UFC.

Herb Dean trains, and has fought pro before, so if there is any ref who might know better than all the Sherbro armchair referees, it's Herb. They don't see the fight from the same angle we do. Referee as long as Herb has and log the volume of work put in (not just UFC), and sadly, I think every ref ends up on the wrong end of an accusation of sorts. Early stoppage, late stoppage, showing favoritism... there will always be some pissed off Karen who doesn't like the result.

Herb got it right with Sylvia, and he got it wrong with CroCop. Just as I am sure he and other refs, will fuck up again too. Dana has criticized Herb Dean openly in the past on many occasions, so it's not like Herb's avoiding Dana's wrath. And no matter how many times a ref fucks up, I always think about the other option which is way, way worse. Can you imagine the UFC supplying their own referees for fights? (I am sure a few examples might exist where they had to/did that I don't remember) At that point, I'd say the UFC will have officially come full circle and become WWE 2.0.

But... the Merab/Sean fight? I just don't know what to say. I don't know of any reason why Herb (of all referees) thought Merab was being inactive. It was a real "Wtf??" moment for sure (for me anyways).

There's really only so much they can do.

But nature will take its course. PPV numbers will go down for events headlined by Merab and Belal if the fans don't enjoy watching their fights. It will be just like when Tyron Woodley was hugging people against the cage and then Shoe-Shining to win rounds. Tyron's PPV events sold horribly.

These fighters will then cry that they don't get more attention, and everyone including Dana will talk shit to them telling them their style sucks.

I am not one to quickly jump on conspiracy theories, and I have seen thousands and thousands of UFC (and MMA) fights over the past few decades, but I would not be surprised if Herb wasn't "encouraged" (can't be ordered) to do so by the UFC.

Herb Dean trains, and has fought pro before, so if there is any ref who might know better than all the Sherbro armchair referees, it's Herb. They don't see the fight from the same angle we do. Referee as long as Herb has and log the volume of work put in (not just UFC), and sadly, I think every ref ends up on the wrong end of an accusation of sorts. Early stoppage, late stoppage, showing favoritism... there will always be some pissed off Karen who doesn't like the result.

Herb got it right with Sylvia, and he got it wrong with CroCop. Just as I am sure he and other refs, will fuck up again too. Dana has criticized Herb Dean openly in the past on many occasions, so it's not like Herb's avoiding Dana's wrath. And no matter how many times a ref fucks up, I always think about the other option which is way, way worse. Can you imagine the UFC supplying their own referees for fights? (I am sure a few examples might exist where they had to/did that I don't remember) At that point, I'd say the UFC will have officially come full circle and become WWE 2.0.

But... the Merab/Sean fight? I just don't know what to say. I don't know of any reason why Herb (of all referees) thought Merab was being inactive. It was a real "Wtf??" moment for sure (for me anyways).

Yes, like some others are implying, the UFC wanted SOM to be champion so badly that they conspired with the ref to ensure he made errors to benefit one fighter, lol.

Herb is just inconsistent and is a shit ref. There's years of evidence. There's no conspiracy, the guy is just a fucking can.

There's really only so much they can do.

But nature will take its course. PPV numbers will go down for events headlined by Merab and Belal if the fans don't enjoy watching their fights. It will be just like when Tyron Woodley was hugging people against the cage and then Shoe-Shining to win rounds. Tyron's PPV events sold horribly.

These fighters will then cry that they don't get more attention, and everyone including Dana will talk shit to them telling them their style sucks.
What fight was Woodley hugging his opponents against the cage?
Woodley was never an offensive wrestler. He used his wrestling defensively to keep the fight standing so he could knock out his opponent. Koscheck and Lawler got separated from their consciousness. In 10 rounds of fighting Wonderboy he was the only person to land anything significant fight. After Wonderboy tasted Woodley's power in the 4th round of their first fight he never wanted to truly engage Woodley again. I still think that the rematch was a horrible fight but it should've ended with a 5th round KO victory for Woodley when he blasted Wonderboy in the 5th and dropped him with 1 second left. He was dominating Till on the feet before he dropped him with a monster punch and subbed him.

I can't tell if you never watched a Woodley fight or just hate Woodley so you can't give him his kudos. The biggest knock on Woodley was he was a low output striker. He has dynamite in his hands but had a tendency not to pull the trigger a lot. But in what fight did he pull an Alvarez vs Pettis and wall n stall an opponent?

Fight Pass has shown boxing for years now. Old news, lol.
Yeah and folks are acting like Zuffa Boxing was born now with Callum Walsh.

They’ve been trying to get into boxing for years and never found a way how, but now they have Callum to kickstart things for them.

Yeah and folks are acting like Zuffa Boxing was born now with Callum Walsh.

They’ve been trying to get into boxing for years and never found a way how, but not they have Callum to kickstart things for them.

People here want to throw a fit over any little thing without educating themselves before making wild claims. Is normal.

Back