Dana just said he thought Bendo won.

What I worry about is that if Benson still has his fight Iq, he will figure out that he needs profound adjustments to his fight planning. He will need to figure out that he has to figure out how to be more forceful in convincing judges he won if he can't get a finish. And so I wonder if 1. He'll figure this out and 2. He will have the abilities to implement it.

I think that if judging was exactly the same as it was even 2 years ago he would have won this fight for sure. It may be that the judging has changed such that Benson will no longer be able to win against any of the top fighters anymore since he will no longer be able to prove that he's winning on points unless he really outclasses a guy like he did Nate Diaz or Jim Miller.

UFC wasnt going to let henderson anywhere near the title. Even if this was an "offical" win, Henderson would still have had bare minimum 2 fights before being "in the mix"

It wasn't even that close. Benson clearly won.

Henderson landed aprox 40 strikes if you removed the leg jab. Let that sink in.

Yeah, Bendo won the rounds on that one. They were close, but clear. Weird decision. Which happens of course.

Better believe Cowboy's leg is sore as f*ck today. Cowboy's expression when the decision was announced is all we need to know that he didn't win the fight.

Yea I also thought Bendo won... until I heard Jackson asking Cowboy to go get some, that moment I knew...

Happy Cerrone won. When they announced ALL 3 JUDGES...i though Benson had it in the bag. His face when they announced Donald ... was priceless. Wonder if anyone has a gif of his reaction. his eyes were huge.

Sig Strikes

Benson 86
Cowboy 57

Benson should have gotten the win. You could even tell that Cowboy thought he lost

Yea I thought Bendo won and I wanted Cerrone to win but he does what he always does. Let's someone else be more active then him and then shuts down.

It could have swung either way.

Now Bendo knows what it is to have a close decision swing the other way. He didn't take it like a Champion.

When a person win, all smiles. When they lose? You see their real character.

Bendo showed hatred and disdain for the decision.

That was one mistake I thought Henderson made. He used the leg jab to throw Cerrone off but hardly ever capitalized on it.

Cowboy thought Bendo won! Was rooting for Cerrone all the way but he didn't win that fight. Bendo has had some questionable wins himself though. You have enough fights go to decision at some point your going to get a raw deal.

Neither won.

It's a fair argument towards the way the first fight could have gone down.

Per round Significant Strikes.
RD1
Cowboy - 19 of 43 - 44%
Bendo - 27 of 47 - 57%

RD2
Cowboy - 16 of 38 - 42%
Bendo - 34 of 62 - 54%

RD3
Cowboy - 22 of 44 - 50%
Bendo - 25 of 46 - 54%

It could have swung either way.

Now Bendo knows what it is to have a close decision swing the other way. He didn't take it like a Champion.

When a person win, all smiles. When they lose? You see their real character.

Bendo showed hatred and disdain for the decision.

I don't know about all that but as far as I'm concerned it was clear the judges were bad last night. Every fighter after the first fight should have been made aware the judges didn't know what was going on.

I don't know about all that but as far as I'm concerned it was clear the judges were bad last night. Every fighter after the first fight should have been made aware the judges didn't know what was going on.

Bendo didn't win that fight. Neither did Cowboy.

Unfortunately, we don't have a sudden death round to conclude.

I'm just saying...they swung it to Cowboy. That's alright.

Bendo has had more than his fair share of shady decisions swing his way.

For him to be upset and bitter....that's just karma, baby.

I think Bendo won, but I don't really care that the decision did not go in his favor.

Ben won three rounds to zero. Landed much more often, and the harder shots. Cerrone got rocked by that head kick and got smashed with a couple hard body kicks and several knees to the head and body. Those TDs were totally insignificant in my opinion. Second one wasn't even a legit TD. Bad decision

Jeebus, that was terrible. Everyone and their mother except the judges knew Bendo won that fight. Fudge, it was clear day even Cerrone knew Bendo won that fight. That was absolutely ridiculous.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back