Dana just said he thought Bendo won.

Determining who outstruck whom by counting the total number of strikes landed is a very dubious methodology.

Its not just the numbers, did you even watch the fight? He rocked Cerrone with the head kick and landed brutal leg kicks. When did Cerrone ever have Ben hurt? Never thats why.

Determining who outstruck whom by counting the total number of strikes landed is a very dubious methodology.

not necessarily. especially in a fight where no one got knocked down, visibly rocked or absorbed haymakers.

it's very simple, landing strikes is scored so naturally someone who lands more has a certain advantage that can't be overlooked in judging fights. or do you think the judging system in amateur boxing is dubious?

Can you fucking count that is nearly 20, not 15. You try to minimize everything Ben did. Cerrone knew he lost, just look at the body language before the decision. He kicked Donalds ass. All of his leg kicks equals one body kick? Get the fuck out of here and go drink some toilet water shitty boy.

He landed 53/55 leg kicks. Go take your orange belt and shove it up your ass.

Seriously, why do people discount leg kicks so much?

Bendo was slowing him down, frustrating him, and causing damage the whole fight with those. You could see it in Cowboy's face after the fight, he didn't believe he'd won.

Damn, too bad this wasn't a strike counting contest, then I would agree with you. But unfortunately for him, you, and all his fans, there is a lot more to judging a fight than just the number of significant strikes thrown.

Stats just help to build a case. When the gap is that big and no one was dropped it is helpful to look at.

Obviously we all saw the fight and that is what matters. Bendo outlanded him, was busier, did more damage, rocked him, and dictated the fight.

Guess im the only one who saw it the exact same way all 3 judges did.

and Cormier, Melendez, and Frankie in the post fight show, and most fans, and most MMA websites....but who is counting.

The same incompetent judges gave Pendred a gift decision earlier in the night too.

What makes them incompetent?? Obviously the WHITE GUY wins every time. Duh!

thought it was one of the worst robberies i've seen in a long time...

Super close fights can't be robbery because they're fucking close. The Tibau fight was closer to robbery.

Its not just the numbers, did you even watch the fight? He rocked Cerrone with the head kick and landed brutal leg kicks. When did Cerrone ever have Ben hurt? Never thats why.

I did watch the fight. I thought Cerrone won the first and Benson won the second and third.

I made no argument other than to critique the several posts using total strikes as proof that Benson won. Did you even read the thread?

Ben won the fight because.
-He caused more damage
-He landed more strikes
-He dictated the fight and stifled Cerrone.
-He rocked Cerrone.
-He landed more significant strikes.

Cerrone lost because
-He took more damage then he gave out.
-He was tagged more then Ben was.
-He couldn't get his striking going all that well because Ben was kicking him so much.

Stats just help to build a case. When the gap is that big and no one was dropped it is helpful to look at.

Obviously we all saw the fight and that is what matters. Bendo outlanded him, was busier, did more damage, rocked him, and dictated the fight.

Nope.

How does Bendo dictate the fight when Cowboy was the one coming forward the majority of the fight. The only thing Bendo had going for him were the teeps to the thigh.

Donald looked genuinely surprised by the decision.

Super close fights can't be robbery because they're fucking close. The Tibau fight was closer to robbery.

it wasn't a super close fight. i thought bendo won at least 2 rounds clearly.

wtf, this shit got me questioning if people are letting bendo's previous wins unfairly influence their critique of the decision...i'm one of those who wanted him to lose in those close fights but I gotta be honest here...

I did watch the fight. I thought Cerrone won the first and Benson won the second and third.

I made no argument other than to critique the several posts using total strikes as proof that Benson won. Did you even read the thread?

Well suggesting that the numbers had little to say about the fight is just incorrect. It also suggested that you thought Cerrone won the fight.

When 99% of the fight was contested on the feet. The guy who outlands the other guy outright and with significant strikes, with such a huge gap, clearly shows that numbers DO show the fight.

Nope.

How does Bendo dictate the fight when Cowboy was the one coming forward the majority of the fight. The only thing Bendo had going for him were the teeps to the thigh.

Exactly. Benson was moving backwards for almost the whole fight, didn't dictate shit. Cowboy ran that ring and he wasn't "hurt", that was just Rogan being wrong again.

Nope.

just because you come forward doesn't mean you dictate the fight, or do you not watch mayweather fights?

Cowboy was embarrassed that he "won." We all know who won that fight. It sucks for Bendo, but I've never seen that type of emotion out of him. He was so mad, he wanted to cry. He might be too old, but we're about to see a real motivated Bendo, and that's intriguing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back