News Dana claims Poirier didn't want to fight, Poirier responds

People love to pick and choose. I remember when DJ asked for more for TJ and y’all be giving him shit saying he’s ducking.
DJ priced himself out though. He wanted 1 mil(lmfao) to fight TJ(a contender)....
Danas response was along the lines of"go to your employer and ask for a mil and see what happens"

Sherdog hypocrisy at it's finest Right here.
When Dana said the same Thing About Jones, Y'all believed him.

Rumour has it Dustin was so frightened of Tony that while making his way home back to Louisiana he took a detour flight to Abu Dhabi...

If they don't want to pay anyone extra currently as they did before and you still ask for more the reason for the fight not happening is just ignorance when it otherwise would be unwillingness.

Dana is such a cunt, I don’t believe anything he says about this. Poirier was clearly after more money and didn’t get it so refused the fight.

Diagusting fuckin Ebenezer Scrooge playing games to save few bucks on those fighters health.

sounds like the perfect setup to make Tony Ferguson vs Michael Chandler

look into it

I respect Poirier and what he brings to the cage. Demanding a better contract in a non-title fight because it so happens to be Ferguson ( who is coming off a loss and isn't a megastar) comes across as pricing himself out. Dana is a big liar. Doesnt look like it here.

People love to pick and choose. I remember when DJ asked for more for TJ and y’all be giving him shit saying he’s ducking.
DJ was the champion and the UFC was trying to make a low end superfight. DJ had every reason to request more. Porier deserves food money but this is hard to justify

Dana is such a cunt, I don’t believe anything he says about this. Poirier was clearly after more money and didn’t get it so refused the fight.
Dana is a cunt as you say. Got you. Now explain how he is obligated to give more money to a non-title holder because he demands it out of the blue or refuses to take a fight? How is that Dana being a cunt. There would be no UFC if everyone pulled this

Sherdog hypocrisy at it's finest Right here.
When Dana said the same Thing About Jones, Y'all believed him.
Meh Jones had every reason to demand a pay increase for moving up. He didn't price himself out. Literally he asked for his worth as champ moving up. Porier doesn't have NEAR the leg to stand on.. The situations aren't even close. I guess that proves your point on hypocrisy

That's not how you do it. U never go against Dana. What U do is create drama and build interest.

Usual protocol is a fake refirement.

Other avenues Include a real life beef with someone in their camp

A scandal

Or a photo with Trump

Crying on twitter ain't it, he Gotto reach the casuals

DJ priced himself out though. He wanted 1 mil(lmfao) to fight TJ(a contender)....
Danas response was along the lines of"go to your employer and ask for a mil and see what happens"

Not true at all. Dana White said he won't pay Mighty Mouse anymore money than what was in his contract to fight TJ Dillshaw. Then Dana White said in an interview that MJ had PPV points so he'd get paid that way. The problem is TJ vs Mighty Mouse would've never drawn enough viewership to even earn PPV points.

TJ technically wasn't a contender in that weight class btw because he didn't fight other contenders to become one. TJ vs DJ would've been a super fight aka champion vs champion.

Meh Jones had every reason to demand a pay increase for moving up. He didn't price himself out. Literally he asked for his worth as champ moving up. Porier doesn't have NEAR the leg to stand on.. The situations aren't even close. I guess that proves your point on hypocrisy

Nothing of that matters. The Point is, when Jones called for more payment 90% of fans were shitting on him even though he had a stronger leg to stand on. Now when Poirier does the same thing everyone gets behind him and calls Dana a liar.
But Dana wasn't a liar when he said Jones wanted "Deontay Wilder Money" to fight Ngannou even though thats obviously bullshit?

He was asking for an unrealistic increase in pay like Jones and DJ. Stop hating Dana.

Stop being a fool and believing corporate billionaires who rip off fighters since a long long time now.
Neither Jones, nor DJ nor Poirier was in the wrong when they requested a bump in payment.

And none of them were asking for unrealistic pay increases, they have Managers who handle the negotiations, they have a team around them - they know they can't request "Deontay Wilder Money" as Dana loves to call it. They know their employer, they know Dana.

Back