News Dana claims Poirier didn't want to fight, Poirier responds

Why do fighters have such a hard time understanding contracts? It’s fine if you want to negotiate a contract every 2 fights, but if that’s what you want, sign a 2 fight deal.

Sherdoggers also have a hard time understanding contracts.

Dana said I like Dustin he’s a good kid but he negotiated his way out of the fight. If Dustin wanted the fight he would be fighting ferg and if he won he would very likely be fighting for a title

No he wouldn't. Conor is next in line man if it's not GSP. Doesn't matter who wins. Dana isn't going to sell us on Dustin without trying to throw Connie in the mix

Why do fighters have such a hard time understanding contracts? It’s fine if you want to negotiate a contract every 2 fights, but if that’s what you want, sign a 2 fight deal.

Sherdoggers also have a hard time understanding contracts.
Contracts get renegotiated all the time. Most people would like to see fighters paid what they're worth and fight the best. Then theres guys like you.

Please don't start with the "he shouldn't have signed a contract then'' bullshit.

lol Dustin vs tony in a 3 rounds fight is such a good match up for dustin, u dont much about MMA if u dont understand it ...
Then he should sign the facky contract if he ain’t ducking.

it’s an individual sport but this a time when all it would take is khabib putting a little pressure on dana. the contract would get done in minutes

Then he should sign the facky contract if he ain’t ducking.
for 150 k to show lmao ... even if it is a favorable match up, dustin knows his worth, it is criminal to pay him 150k or less...

for 150 k to show lmao ... even if it is a favorable match up, dustin knows his worth, it is criminal to pay him 150k or less...
Yeah but you are worth what your contract that you signed for x amount of fights until it is up.

It’s getting a bit shit with these fighters knowing this and still doing this shit.

Yeah but you are worth what your contract that you signed for x amount of fights until it is up.

It’s getting a bit shit with these fighters knowing this and still doing this shit.
You know what's shit ? UFC paying criminal 150 k to fighters bigger than most of the elite boxer out here who them get paid millions ... 150 k to dustin poirier is criminal, if u dont understand it, then I am done here.

did people forget dustin just won a 5 round main event?

I got a better idea, how about you twinks in here crying all get together and empty your piggy banks and start a "pay Dustin" fund so he can get whatever he feels he's worth that exceeds what he signed his contract for.
i thought if i bought the ppv......ah nvm.

Dana always on his bullshit. Dude deserves a beating from his employees, seriously.

Just pay the fucking guy. You got Dana boasting how well the UFC is doing and then in the next presser it’s that they can’t pay more because of the pandemic, so which one is it? UFC boomin or UFC dying?

Even if dustin is asking for 300- 350k straight and not having to win to get half his paycheck then that should be easily done.

Also did dustin really fight khabib for 250k, I really hope he got PPV points as well.

just take the deal then dustin. honestly he knows he could lose so just wants a big payday. end of day book ferguson and da bronx. ferg khabib in 2021 unless GSP grows a pair.
Dustin finally realizing what his potential market worth is( I'd promote- at this point- the fuck out of this dude) and , surprisingly, Dana does not . I'm also sick of DWs misdirect in " I really like - fighter a,b,c,d,e .....and z- BUT .......

I don't care much about Poirier vs Tony anyways. If Poirier wins, then it's going to fukc up Tony fight and leave us with a guy who got dominated by Khabib.

I'd rather see Charlie vs Tony. That's THE fight to make.

If Oliveira wins, then we got ourselves an amazing challenger. If Tony wins, we can line Tony up for Khabib possibly.
Love to see any combo of 3...... do bronx- Ferguson, stylistically, a crazy good fight.

150/150 is pretty low for someone like Poirier tbh

Dana is fucking hilarious.... yeah I'm sure we should just believe he was unreasonable and you weren't because you said so. I doubt he was asking for anything insane and even if he wasn't, Dana would probably lie and say he was like he did with Fedor and several other guys. Fedor fully admitted Dana refused to pay him what he wanted and when you saw his payouts in SF it was pretty apparent he was being paid fairly and not asking for anything ridiculous maybe outside of the stadium in Russia. Not even sure if I believe that story either but something about it seems possible, like Fedors team thought he should be held in such a high regard without ever setting foot in the UFC. Fedor denied it was true and honestly, I believe him more than Dana.

Back