News Dana claims Poirier didn't want to fight, Poirier responds

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Phisher, Sep 15, 2020.

1. VVarhead Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Nothing of that matters. The Point is, when Jones called for more payment 90% of fans were shitting on him even though he had a stronger leg to stand on. Now when Poirier does the same thing everyone gets behind him and calls Dana a liar.
    But Dana wasn't a liar when he said Jones wanted "Deontay Wilder Money" to fight Ngannou even though thats obviously bullshit?

2. VVarhead Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Stop being a fool and believing corporate billionaires who rip off fighters since a long long time now.
    Neither Jones, nor DJ nor Poirier was in the wrong when they requested a bump in payment.

And none of them were asking for unrealistic pay increases, they have Managers who handle the negotiations, they have a team around them - they know they can't request "Deontay Wilder Money" as Dana loves to call it. They know their employer, they know Dana.

3. 2EZ Purple Belt

Dana dont give a fuck about anybody to throw dustin under the bus like that after all his bangers

Ruv and MMABr like this.
  4. austinblair Purple Belt

Do shorter 3 fight contracts and attempt to increase after each contract, or get your 5 fight contract where you’re happy until/unless you become champion then change the contract, per negotiating the contract you’re planning to sign.

asking for more money after you sign is diva stuff and not really how it works. Especially during a worldwide pandemic.

maybe I’m wrong

VitorReem likes this.
  5. TerrorTimmy Three piece and a soda

Looks like the fat guy from Jurassic Park that fucked everything up and then got eaten

6. Al Stone Yellow Card Yellow Card

Bruh you gotta learn to comprehend I literally said the aame thing and agreed with you.

7. Mr Fahrenheit Purple Belt

Effective tactic by Dana IMO. Not that DP will immediately cave, but it puts some pressure on him to prove Dana wrong.

8. SakurabasEar Hype-Train Bum

I guess it all comes down to if you think dustin is in a good bargaining position or not, and was it about money. The goof is right in saying that a fighter can just continually negotiate without any real intention of fighting, as a cover.

It makes too much sense for these two to fight, i hope they reconsider it.

9. KantoTerror Silver Belt

Dustin deserves a good payday...he always brings on the heat....plus he has great fights...
    [​IMG]

10. GIBLERTBAPTISTA very allegorical

Don't forget about Dana flying out to some unknown island to negotiate with Fedor's team.

<36>

Dana's quick to throw anyone under the bus who doesnt bow to him. Even his own fighters.

11. HI SCOTT NEWMAN ✔ This Cat had 167,454 Likes Received ✔

You know what, if Tony vs Poirier happens at UFC 254 then it will only be 3 rounds because obviously the main event is Khabib vs Gaethje. 3 rounds for Tony/Poirier fight is absurd and not right, we don't want 3 rounds.. it will be over before it begun and we will be screaming for another 2 rounds.

Tony vs Poirier HAS to be a 5 round fight, this is the type of fight that needs to be 5 rounds. So maybe its a blessing in disguise, if they re-book this fight at a later date and make it the main event of a Fight Night card.. it needs to be 5 rounds. Maybe it was a blessing in disguise

eighterumg5 likes this.
  12. Aluminati Yellow Card (Sloppy Mod Work is sloppy)

Wants more than what is initially offered = Negotiated his way out of a fight

13. Mr Fahrenheit Purple Belt

Disagree. There’s probably no one person more responsible for the sport being what it is today than Dana. He has his quirks but almost everyone who puts his own dent in the universe does.

VitorReem likes this.
  14. Mr Fahrenheit Purple Belt

They should just book it as a 5 round co-main event. Is there any reason they couldn’t do that that I’m missing?

eighterumg5 and HI SCOTT NEWMAN like this.
  15. weaselkenievil Blue Belt

Dustin isn’t some no name, he’s earned his place. I won’t explain how he is obligated and I don’t care, I watch for the fighters not to applaud a businessman.

16. CrimsonFan Gold Belt

Newman?

17. HI SCOTT NEWMAN ✔ This Cat had 167,454 Likes Received ✔

I agree they should, but they only do 5 rounds co-main if its a fight for the belt, otherwise its always 3 rounds, which is stupid and I don't know why.

18. eon001 Red Belt

Dana's minds games are so obvious and lazy. He said the same shit about Frankie Edgar, Cyborg, and GSP. All proven warriors. He's mad that Dusting knows his worth and want's to get paid.

19. Mr Fahrenheit Purple Belt

This is a business. Salaries will always be the subject of a game of tug of war between fighters and ownership. Fighters often go public when this happens, knowing that most people tend to have resentful, anti-management sentiments and will be on their side. Management goes public with tactics of their own. As Colin would say, it’s only business.

My prediction is that this fight will get made. Dana did not want to just sit there with negotiations stalled and everyone from Ferguson to the media saying it’s cheap Dana preventing us from seeing our fight. So he put a little needle into Dustin. Now, when the UFC comes back with an improved offer DP will have an additional piece of motivation to take it.

20. Mr Fahrenheit Purple Belt

To most people all business owners are Scrooge McDuck swimming in a room of gold coins, and none of what you said about boring things like revenues and budgets means anything. Run the headline, “employee asks for a thing, manager says no,” and you’ll get these responses.

That being said, I’m not going to criticize Dustin either. He’s testing the boundaries to find out what he can get.

This is how all prices are determined. Who is to say what the “fair” price of a loaf of bread is? People bake bread, they put it up for sale, customers buy it or don’t buy it, and the price gets worked out over time. Bakers would like to sell it for more, customers would like to buy it for less, but the price lands at a place wherever both sides will be willing to engage in the transaction. Same thing for salaries.

GSPSAKU likes this.