Dan Inosanto still at it

Good lord, too bad someone can't get banned for ignorance.

What a tool.

Although I dont necessarily agree grdstorm11, he is putting up better points than the people who are just insulting him.

Although I dont necessarily agree grdstorm11, he is putting up better points than the people who are just insulting him.

Since when is insulting someone (and his trainers) after watching 3 minutes of a training session, by saying his rank is a fraud A GOOD POINT???

Please enlighten me.

What points?

The argument goes like this:

grdstorm11: "Dan Inosanto is barely a blue belt."
Everyone: "Why do you think that?"
grdstorm11: "Because he is asking for tips on the basics."
Everyone: "Even a black belt would need to refine his basics."
grdstorm11: "Well in my opinion, he is no black belt."
Everyone: "What qualifies you to give that opinion?"
grdstorm11: No answer other than training for a "number of years."
Everyone: "So you are saying that you know better than the Machados about promotions?"
grdstorm11: "In this case, yes."
Everyone: "So you are saying that the Machados sold a belt to him?"
grdstorm11: "Yes, they had an incentive to sell black belts to him and Chuck Norris."
Everyone: "Why do you think their black belts are illegitimate again?"
grdstorm11: "My personal experience."
Everyone: "Please state the personal experience that makes you more qualified than the Machados."
grdstorm11: No response.
(Loop repeatedly)

This is guy is very stubborn and won't back down. I'll give him that.

But that doesn't mean he has any real point. This is the same as a guy repeatedly stating that the earth is flat. At some point, you just have to call him a moron and move on.

the man is 70+ ofcourse he is not gonna move like a 30, 40, or even a 50 year old.

your hero worship is blinding you again... Do you have any basic reading comprehension skills?

What points?

The argument goes like this:

grdstorm11: "Dan Inosanto is barely a blue belt."
Everyone: "Why do you think that?"
grdstorm11: "Because he is asking for tips on the basics."
Everyone: "Even a black belt would need to refine his basics."
grdstorm11: "Well in my opinion, he is no black belt."
Everyone: "What qualifies you to give that opinion?"
grdstorm11: No answer other than training for a "number of years."
Everyone: "So you are saying that you know better than the Machados about promotions?"
grdstorm11: "In this case, yes."
Everyone: "So you are saying that the Machados sold a belt to him?"
grdstorm11: "Yes, they had an incentive to sell black belts to him and Chuck Norris."
Everyone: "Why do you think their black belts are illegitimate again?"
grdstorm11: "My personal experience."
Everyone: "Please state the personal experience that makes you more qualified than the Machados."
grdstorm11: No response.
(Loop repeatedly)

This is guy is very stubborn and won't back down. I'll give him that.

But that doesn't mean he has any real point. This is the same as a guy repeatedly stating that the earth is flat. At some point, you just have to call him a moron and move on.

man 5 pages of grdstrm arguing with everyone and keeps reitterating the same points.Are you so blind to not view others reasoning except your own which we all know is retarded. I am just going to say that dan was whooping ass before you or i was even born. My dad was one of his first students, and from personal expieriance he knew alot of gound work before he even started bjj. so to just say he doesnt know what he is doing is just ignorant. grndstrm sir you are a fool

and no im not star struck i have actually met the guy, how bout you?

I'll say this much. Rolling at 73(!) is a feat on its own.

man 5 pages of grdstrm arguing with everyone and keeps reitterating the same points.Are you so blind to not view others reasoning except your own which we all know is retarded. I am just going to say that dan was whooping ass before you or i was even born. My dad was one of his first students, and from personal expieriance he knew alot of gound work before he even started bjj. so to just say he doesnt know what he is doing is just ignorant. grndstrm sir you are a fool

and no im not star struck i have actually met the guy, how bout you?

I am stating my opinion on what I see on the clip. I am sure you like Mr. Inosanto and he is a very nice man however that doesn't necessarily mean his BJJ skills are that of a black belt.

I understand that people are showing respect to Guru Dan, the guy is 73 years old and still kicking ass. Even so he is not beyond criticism, grow up people.

Here is the thing...

As a brown belt, I took a few privates, and I always asked about basic positions. I'm sure that some of the black belts I took privates with were surprised that I was asking a simple question about escaping side control, but after seeing 1000's of different side control escapes, I wanted to see how this particular black belt performed the basic one.

The point is that there is a depth to even the basic techniques that can be explored for as long as you are alive. There is nothing wrong with the idea of a black belt like Dan taking his private to a very basic level in order to get a better understanding of something that most people take for granted.

Here he is in his younger days:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nkqAPAW0yGA&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nkqAPAW0yGA&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

are you a bjj teacher? if so what belt, and under who so i can at least try to see where your coming from.like someone stated before who do you train with,what belt are you, who is your instructor and why havent you stated them, is it because you dont know what you are talking about. otherwise no one here is going to believe what you say.

it seems to me if you all knowing bjj master can tell just by this video that he is not deserving of a blue belt let alone a black belt then you should have no problem stating your affiliations to prove that you actually know what you are talking about

Here is the thing...

As a brown belt, I took a few privates, and I always asked about basic positions. I'm sure that some of the black belts I took privates with were surprised that I was asking a simple question about escaping side control, but after seeing 1000's of different side control escapes, I wanted to see how this particular black belt performed the basic one.

The point is that there is a depth to even the basic techniques that can be explored for as long as you are alive. There is nothing wrong with the idea of a black belt like Dan taking his private to a very basic level in order to get a better understanding of something that most people take for granted.

Andreh,

I definitely understand your point and I completely agree with you. However in the clip it seems that Dan is having a revelation opposed to trying to enhance his understanding of the position. In my experience, the details in which John is pointing out to Dan are details in which I was taught as a white/blue belt.

Its just my opinion as per analysis of the clip.

are you a bjj teacher? if so what belt, and under who so i can at least try to see where your coming from.like someone stated before who do you train with,what belt are you, who is your instructor and why havent you stated them, is it because you dont know what you are talking about. otherwise no one here is going to believe what you say.

it seems to me if you all knowing bjj master can tell just by this video that he is not deserving of a blue belt let alone a black belt then you should have no problem stating your affiliations to prove that you actually know what you are talking about

Your intentions along with the others on this thread are not have an open conversation on my comments but rather to attack me personally. Why should I add fuel to the fire? I have no problems responding to posts regarding BJJ.

Obviously your basis for saying, you don't know what your talking about" is your bias feelings toward Mr. Inosanto.

Back