Dan Inosanto still at it

Bottom line, if you are not a Black Belt, you are NOT qualified to judge rank. Let alone judge rank in the Machado's system, of which you are also NOT a part.

/thread

The clip doesn't support your accusations either. It was a training match, not competition rolling. My post was to your own standards of logic. Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house.

I agree, you shouldn't throw stones.

As I said before, yes it was a training match. Things that were taught or pointed out during the course of the training match were not "new" details to basic techniques. They were certainly not details that I expect a Black belt to not know.

If in fact Dan knew all the details that John was showing him, it certainly did not look like in that clip. At this point I guess since no one has a valid argument, the insults start rolling.

Bottom line, if you are not a Black Belt, you are NOT qualified to judge rank. Let alone judge rank in the Machado's system, of which you are also NOT a part.

/thread

right ... so someone that is blatantly not a black belt although endorsed by a black belt should never be questioned. You people are so blinded.

right ... so someone that is blatantly not a black belt although endorsed by a black belt should never be questioned. You people are so blinded.

How is he blatantly not a black belt?

Everything you say is based on the assumption that you personally know exactly what a black belt is. You claim to know, based solely on a brief video clip, who qualifies as a black belt and who doesn't. What we are saying is that you really have no idea what you are talking about.

How are you qualified to say that someone is blatantly not a black belt? How many black belts have you promoted before? How do you know what the criteria is? What BJJ qualifications do you have to suddenly start determining what the criteria for a black belt is?

You are just ignoring these questions and crying about how mean we are to you with our insults. Give me a break.

How is he blatantly not a black belt?

Everything you say is based on the assumption that you personally know exactly what a black belt is. You claim to know, based solely on a brief video clip, who qualifies as a black belt and who doesn't. What we are saying is that you really have no idea what you are talking about.

How are you qualified to say that someone is blatantly not a black belt? How many black belts have you promoted before? How do you know what the criteria is? What BJJ qualifications do you have to suddenly start determining what the criteria for a black belt is?

You are just ignoring these questions and crying about how mean we are to you with our insults. Give me a break.

lol who is crying, I could really care less about the insults, it just goes to show how many mindless followers there are.

My last comment wasn't actually directed solely on Dan Inosanto. I was more or less stating that anyone is not beyond criticism. Its complete horseshit if you don't know there are many black belts that are given out by reputable black belts for other reasons.

If you can provide another argument as to why Dan is a black belt opposed to the B.S. insults and "your not a black belt" comments then I would certainly like to hear them. Otherwise you can sit at your keyboard, cry and stay mad about a stupid internet forum thread. :icon_cry2

Name names. There are only a few well-known BJJ black belts frauds. The burden of proof is on your for backing up your claim.

Name names. There are only a few well-known BJJ black belts frauds. The burden of proof is on your for backing up your claim.

I could start divulging names however what would be the point. Its mindless gossip. BJJ is riddled with politics.

Even if I did list names, a person such as yourself would carry this debate on forever.

I'll let you people keep on crying about how its not fair that I dare challenge the great Dan Inosanto. :icon_chee

I could start divulging names however what would be the point. Its mindless gossip. BJJ is riddled with politics.

Even if I did list names, a person such as yourself would carry this debate on forever.

I'll let you people keep on crying about how its not fair that I dare challenge the great Dan Inosanto. :icon_chee

Dude, once AGAIN, you are an idiot.

Step away from the keyboard.

Dan logged over 2000 private hours, I am sure he has earned his belt.

Additionally, he is Asian. We used to have a purple belt student who was Japanese. Whatever I pointed out in training, he was always saying things like "Ah, I have never seen this, very nice!" Although he knew it already.

It is a form of politeness.

The same could have been happening here. What do you expect Dan to say? "I know this already, show me some rubber guard?"

I have no idea where all your hate comes from, but apart from all the insults (you clearly deserve) it is just absolutely foolish to judge someones belt rank from a 3 minute clip.

Did Dan steal your woman or something?

Dan logged over 2000 private hours, I am sure he has earned his belt.

Additionally, he is Asian. We used to have a purple belt student who was Japanese. Whatever I pointed out in training, he was always saying things like "Ah, I have never seen this, very nice!" Although he knew it already.

It is a form of politeness.

The same could have been happening here. What do you expect Dan to say? "I know this already, show me some rubber guard?"

I have no idea where all your hate comes from, but apart from all the insults (you clearly deserve) it is just absolutely foolish to judge someones belt rank from a 3 minute clip.

Did Dan steal your woman or something?

lol what hate? I have said numerous times on the thread hes a legend, 73 years old and still kicking butt.

My comments about his BJJ skill level does not mean I hate the guy at all.

and what the hell does a Japanese guy have anything to do with Mr. Inosanto.

Dan Inosanto is Filipino. Filipinos and Japanese have very different cultures. Wow that was the most ignorant statement of this thread.

yes I clearly deserve insults*sarcasm*

you really need to grow up and take a history class or something.

I trust JJ Machado's opinion more than your opinion.

Dude,

read a book, get some ideas. Come back when your ready.

Hey moron, I'm a fighter. I actually (OMG!!!!!111) fight. Dan Inosanto is an amazing martial artist, and is a BJJ blackbelt by all means. Do you think older people like Helio and Dan are gonna look at good as Maia, or Jacare?

Such ignorance as yours does not belong in BJJ.

grdstorm11 you are the only ignorant person here.

Keep at it, and I'll let a mod know. This could be consider bashing of sorts.

lol what hate? I have said numerous times on the thread hes a legend, 73 years old and still kicking butt.

My comments about his BJJ skill level does not mean I hate the guy at all.

and what the hell does a Japanese guy have anything to do with Mr. Inosanto.

Dan Inosanto is Filipino. Filipinos and Japanese have very different cultures. Wow that was the most ignorant statement of this thread.

yes I clearly deserve insults*sarcasm*

you really need to grow up and take a history class or something.

Guess what, I know something about Filipinos as well *shock* and they are very humble in their own way.

Humble being a word you would know nothing about.

Grdstorm11 has his own opinion (I Don't agree with it personally) and everyone else has theirs. Also people who are saying only a blackbelt should be a judge on who is a blackbelt are completely wrong. Anyone with a good amount of experience with BJJ can make legit judgments as long as they can back up their claims (which most can't). Hell, a lot of "blackbelts" have been exposed on just this board

I'd imagine that calling a legitimate black belt a fraud is pretty much the most insulting thing you can do in BJJ. Therefore your comments of "LOL NO DISRESPECT!!" are asinine. Hey you know what in training I've seen blue and white belts pass the guard of black belts (obviously they let them), if you saw those 10 seconds of action would you then deduce that the black belt is no better than a blue belt? Only if you're a complete moron.

I have personally seen Dan's technique and I have heard testimony from multiple world/pan ams champions attesting to his skill on the mat. Apparently you know better than all of them combined. Perhaps you're a 50 degree black belt though, I don't know

Calling Dan Inosanto a fraud, which lets face it is what you're doing, is insulting to his teachers, and his students (which again, comprise multiple black belts with worlds/pan am titles) as well as the man himself. Do you honestly think that someone who has spent their life dedicated solely to perfecting and teaching martial arts to the highest standard would accept that black belt if he and his teacher knew it wasn't legitimate? Can you not understand the passion and drive that someone has to have to still be training and teaching past his 70's?

The fact that you're the only one with this opinion in the face of overwhelming fact speaks volumes about your stupidity and your pig headedness.

Back