Dan Henderson will retire win or lose against Bisping

Eh, I don't really believe it. He might say that now, but if he wins, us he really gonna turn down another huge payday as champion?

For a seemingly defensive minded fighter, Bisping has been there to get hit throughout his career. Stann, Kang, Akiyama, even Dan Miller were able to find the mark in the past. While these are definitely more dated fights, Bisping was still hit regularly by Dalloway, and Leites, and even Kennedy was able to find his chin, the very short time the fight was in the standing position, in his more recent bouts.

Henderson repeating history isn't as far-fetched as some are making it out to be.

I agree but damn Hendo has looked slow lately and his chin is shot.

Perfectly understandable at his age. The fact that he is still relevant at his age is very impressive. Hell, he isn't that much younger than royce and shamrock lol.

I just hope that Bisping circles the wrong way again or that he tries to clinch with Hendo. I feel like Bisping needs to make a mistake. If he makes a mistake then Hendo can still pull off the win. If Bisping fights smart though I don't see how Dan can ever find his target.

Then again...I thought Lombard would destroy Dan.

One of the most unlikable main events of all time for me. I have no idea who to root against. :\

How can you say no to either of these faces?

O85BoDT.jpg

9Pni5ja.jpg

damn, i hope he wins it but it doesn't look good.

ahh, fuck it, SHUFFLE, SHUFFLE, H-BOMB!!!

I don't believe Hendo deserves this title shot based on recent accomplishments (Jacare is getting hosed) but I understand why it was made and it's a fairly fun matchup with a good storyline and it will surely have a great buildup. It makes rankings a joke though, but it's far from the first fight to do so.

I see Bisping taking it this time. He's improved quite a bit over the years, and I think that combined with Dan's wear-and-tear make it a tough fight for Dan to win.

Win or lose Henderson has had an amazing, truly legendary career.

IMO Bisping trashtalked his way to a rematch because he knew it was the easiest possible title defense. Smart move, doesn't mean he'll win tho.

Wake me up when Jacare gets his shot.

Honestly this makes the ufc look like a joke. They screwed over all of their contenders to give a guy with a 3-6 record in the last 4 years a title fight, when he isn't in the top 10 and his only recent wins are Lombard and Boetsch. I don't ever want to hear about how Bellator is a joke with freak fights and the ufc is so legit after all of the crap the ufc has been doing lately.

This is nothing new. UFC has always been about the fights that would put asses in the seats, rather than the fights that make the most sense.

Lesnar fought for the title after putting up a 1-1 record in the UFC because he's Lesnar.
McGreggor leapfrogged over guys like Edgar and Swanson when they were more deserving, in my opinion.
Ryan Bader being left on the sidelines while the returning Johnson because delivers KOs.
Superfights, (GSP/Penn, McGreggor/Diaz, etc.) while being exciting and interesting fights, put the divisions on hold. (in boxing you would actually have to vacate the title you are holding in order to move up/down in weight.
I could go on...

The point is, the UFC has always been about making the fights that make the most money.

Hope Bisping KOs him and lands a few more while he's unconcious to return the favor

I say this and stand by it. I come to see amazing fights. Belts are for trousers. Top 10 lists are for chicks you'd bang. If the UFC was as real as it gets, they'd set up fights, not politics and favours.

Back