Dan Henderson will retire win or lose against Bisping

As much as I want MMA to be a legit sport in the sense that there is a well defined structure to who fights for titles and stuff, fights like this do remind me why this sport is special. In other sports, these types of scenarios don't get to happen as much. For example in football, or soccer if you must, there are times when the match you want wont happen.

In the champions league final, I'd love to see Real Madrid Vs Barcelona, but it just hasn't happened. In the world cup final, it would have been awesome to see Ronaldo Vs Messi in Portugal Vs Argentina, but it doesn't happen. These scenarios happen in the NFL, NBA, MLB etc. as well I'm sure, but they get to happen in MMA. These fights that shouldn't happen, have no real legit reasoning to happen other than people wanting to see it, they get to happen.

So what do they do if Hendo pulls it off? Who gets the title fight?
Bisping Cockhold II?
Cockhold Weidman II?
Romero Jacare II?

It would be fantastic to see Hendo retire with UFC gold around his waist.

But as someone mentioned earlier, it does kind of make giving him the title shot absurd for the division.

Who do they give the fight for the vacant strap? Bisping as previous holder? I like Mike but that would be ludicrous.

Man MW is a shower of shite at the minute.

Hendo retiring with the belt will be great. Bisping as champ is a fluke.

Back